British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Swindon v Poole - Premiership - Mon 27th May - 19:30

35 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Won't matter to some tho as Poole got 5 points. Everyone else is the real world knows it was a sh1te day for speedway. 

Spot on, How can anyone take the top division seriously with only 7 teams and served up on 2 tracks like today which aren't fit for purpose. Tinpot

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

which half would that be exactly?  Musielak was injured before today and would have been pulled out by Rosco if they hadn't had the 'last minute' situation with Lampart. Instead they made him go out for his first ride so they could do IRR.  Who else got injured?

No opinion about the dangerous Swindon track then? Dangerous according to the Swindon riders incidentally?!

Musielak could have done without a poor track but crashed out again at Poole.

Doyle also had a crash at Poole and also withdraw before the end of tonight match. 

Ellis certainly vocal about the state of the track at Poole.

i haven’t mentioned the state of the Swindon track which from what I believe was poor as well. Does one need to trump the other?

Bank holiday speedway and both clubs serving up dross for entertainment if comments are to be be believed. 

Whilst Swindon were unlucky and Poole lucky with regards results neither can take any plaudits on what both served up when we need to be giving any visiting public on a bank holiday the best entertainment to take away with them. Another own goal for the sport.

Swindon is a ‘new track’ and is bound to have track issues till it’s bedded in properly which begs the question ..... what excuse do Poole have?.?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

Spot on, How can anyone take the top division seriously with only 7 teams and served up on 2 tracks like today which aren't fit for purpose. Tinpot

It was only 3 or 4 seasons ago that Sweden had 7 teams in their top flight. 

Getting the track right is the most important part of the entertainment. 

• Like 1

Track got better later in the evening and after some further attention, there was even a couple of good races. Still not good enough though. All it boils down to is whether that was worth nearly 20 quid (plus a cuppa and a choccy bar) of my hard earned? Answer is no. Sort it out, please.

All the more annoying that the track has shown signs of being good (the first two meetings when it was slicker were much better than the last couple with more dirt on) and it probably cost us a win tonight as a couple of the lads were clearly spooked by the state of the track mid meeting.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Musielak could have done without a poor track but crashed out again at Poole.

Doyle also had a crash at Poole and also withdraw before the end of tonight match. 

Ellis certainly vocal about the state of the track at Poole.

i haven’t mentioned the state of the Swindon track which from what I believe was poor as well. Does one need to trump the other?

Bank holiday speedway and both clubs serving up dross for entertainment if comments are to be be believed. 

Whilst Swindon were unlucky and Poole lucky with regards results neither can take any plaudits on what both served up when we need to be giving any visiting public on a bank holiday the best entertainment to take away with them. Another own goal for the sport.

Swindon is a ‘new track’ and is bound to have track issues till it’s bedded in properly which begs the question ..... what excuse do Poole have?.?

The tide was in?

Or out?

:rolleyes:

Well just got back and who would have thought at the start of the day the points would have been Swindon 1 Poole 5?  Fantastic backs to the wall performance tonight from the Poole lads as they battled for everything on a track not fit for purpose.

We should have won tonight as we were 60 metres clear in heat two going into the final lap when Covatti whacked into the big hole on bend one which stopped his bike dead.

There was lots of track grading and Doyle was out there with a shovel. Possibly the reason he had to withdraw later in the meeting.

Rosco far from happy with Musielak. Told to not come over but insisted, even though he was nursing his shoulder before the meeting. Didn’t have the strength to hold onto his bike and crashed. Rosco said they could have got a guest in.

Stand up and take a bow Jack Holder. Brilliant performance tonight after hitting the hole in his first.

Only 7 points tonight for Brady who would have relished the track. Both teams had riders missing though. 

A good haul of points. Both meetings rubbish racing wise to be honest though.

I see Ford was flew in to Poole today. Did you, or anyone  ask him about the crap track by any chance? Did you have the after meeting get together?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I see Ford was flew in to Poole today. Did you, or anyone  ask him about the crap track by any chance? Did you have the after meeting get together?

No after meeting conference today as riders had to get sorted and away for the journey to Swindon.

However, I did speak to a member of the Poole management at Swindon who are more than aware of the condition of the track. They are trying to source a blade with laser which is very precise to cut the track accurately and remove bumps/holes. I also they have been trying to source fresh shale with a higher clay percentage. They might also have spoken to Buster about using him and his gear to sort the track out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No after meeting conference today as riders had to get sorted and away for the journey to Swindon.

However, I did speak to a member of the Poole management at Swindon who are more than aware of the condition of the track. They are trying to source a blade with laser which is very precise to cut the track accurately and remove bumps/holes. I also they have been trying to source fresh shale with a higher clay percentage. They might also have spoken to Buster about using him and his gear to sort the track out.

Is that what this member of the Poole management said to you.. They might of?

It's not as easy as that. You can't "cut" the track level if the base isn't sound. The holes will re appear. A good track has to have a sound base.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

I am not at liberty to say any more. Just to say they are going to do something about it. Hopefully after the Peterborough meeting. Just depends on sourcing the right equipment to do the job.

• Like 1

Weren’t they going to sort out the track last year, and the year before and the year........?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Gavan said:

Against all odds from Swindon to get the draw

Doyle injured at Poole 

Musi injured at Poole

Reserves have 10 rides and get only 4

Middlo poor management leaving Josh to have 4 rides when struggling .... should have used Covatti or NBJ in heat 10 ...... cost Poole the win 

Rubbish our reserves had no chance of beating Doyle or Jensen and didn't seem much wrong with Doyle until heat 10. Musi rode should not have rode at Poole obviously still carrying his injuries. 

Edited by foreverblue

This meeting wasn't terrible in the end after track work and there were some good races. Jensen obvious plus for Swindon and Worrall plus for Poole. Jack rode well and looked back to his best. Jensen had a bit of pushing and shoving with Klindt after one race not sure what that was about. 

Musi raced as a reserve in the sec challenge did he not,,, so he obviously thought he was fit enough,,, but clearly forgot about the state of some British tracks

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It was only 3 or 4 seasons ago that Sweden had 7 teams in their top flight. 

Getting the track right is the most important part of the entertainment. 

I've banged that drum for years, but the promoters don't listen.

• Like 1