Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Swindon v Poole - Premiership - Mon 27th May - 19:30

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Very happy with 2 points actually!   

Which 2 Swindon riders did Poole's track take away?  Doyle injured his arm at Swindon when he hit the first bend hole and Musialak was carrying the injury from previous meetings - he jarred it again in Poland - and was unfit to ride when he turned up at Poole. He was only sent out for one race when it was decided in advance that he would lay the bike down and withdraw from the meeting so that Swindon could use IRR, otherwise they wouldn't have a facility for him!!! It was the talk of the pits before the start!!  Fact not opinion!

Come on, even you must realise that's silly comment to make. He did not lay the bike down. We've all seen the crash & no rider in their right mind would purposely catapult themselves into an air fence unless you also think Doyle did the same? Seen the crash & exactly the same as Tobi's.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Come on, even you must realise that's silly comment to make. He did not lay the bike down. We've all seen the crash & no rider in their right mind would purposely catapult themselves into an air fence unless you also think Doyle did the same? Seen the crash & exactly the same as Tobi's.

Add to that the fact that we could have had a facility for him anyway (contrary to what has been posted here). We could have used Jensen with R/R for Tobi as we did in the evening meeting.

I'm not disputing that Tobi was a bit battered and bruised from previous knocks (one on Sunday included)  even before the meeting at Poole, but there was no pre-conceived plan to do a lap and pull out. There would be absolutely no point and no gain. And I'm sure the flight to UK and home again was just for fun.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Which 2 Swindon riders did Poole's track take away?  Doyle injured his arm at Swindon when he hit the first bend hole and Musialak was carrying the injury from previous meetings - he jarred it again in Poland - and was unfit to ride when he turned up at Poole. He was only sent out for one race when it was decided in advance that he would lay the bike down and withdraw from the meeting so that Swindon could use IRR, otherwise they wouldn't have a facility for him!!! It was the talk of the pits before the start!!  Fact not opinion!

You are not the full set. 

You did see the part where Tobias was catapulted into the fence, you know when he went over the handle bars? That is some laying down of a bike, quite spectacular actually.

With respect to you, it's people like yourself and Steve who create the anger that surrounds Poole on these boards. 

You have a circuit that is dangerous, as pointed out by a very recent world champion, has it ever occurred to you that what you are defending is indefensible? That actually, the Poole track has a very clear and present issue, one that could cause serious injury?

Why not just be normal for a day, and throw your hands up to it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Me thinks Swindon fans are trying to deflect from an abject day when they were expected to take 7 points. 

Last night I was more than happy to come away from Swindon with 2 points. A draw was never predicted and without our main man either. A great result for Poole. Sure Swindon lost ~doyle due to the Swindon track but it’s not our fault. 

I don’t believe a single Pirates fan left Blunsdon disappointed with the result.

Next up Peterborough and hopefully another 3 points.

• Like 1

No Swindon fan expected 7 points - it was you saying that.  It was a bad day for Swindon but not because they were the worst of the two sides but because the two tracks were poor and we picked up more injuries than Poole!

Lampart injury nothing to do with Poole. Rosco has said on record Musielak was injured before Poole and was only going to take one ride. He couldn’t hold onto his bike. Doyle got injured at Swindon.

Of course Swindon would have won had Doyle not got injured. But not Pooles fault.

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Me thinks Swindon fans are trying to deflect from an abject day when they were expected to take 7 points. 

Last night I was more than happy to come away from Swindon with 2 points. A draw was never predicted and without our main man either. A great result for Poole. Sure Swindon lost ~doyle due to the Swindon track but it’s not our fault. 

I don’t believe a single Pirates fan left Blunsdon disappointed with the result.

So the crash at Poole never caused him an issue. He’s even said that they wanted it off after heat 7 but raced, sorry rode on for the paying public, I’ve seen it & it’s not “over riding” either. He was clear of the Poole boys. 

We were always up against it with only 5 riders at Poole (well 4) & the same at home. Poole can only beat/take points from what’s put in front of them but at least see it for what it was. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

To be happy with 2 when it should have been 4 is perhaps testament that Poole’s expectations are now much lower than in previous years?

I also note your suggestion that Tobi was unfit. Is there something your not telling us Dr Skidder? Given his obvious injury I will grant you there is nothing more satisfying than flinging yourself headlong in to a fence hoping you don’t break something just to prove the Poole management wrong.

Well done Tobi, that showed them...

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The only person on the whole forum who said Swindon would take 7 points is you.........most people expected Poole to win the home meeting and Swindon win in the evening

You are a seriously weird person who gets kicks out of coming on a forum and winding people up.........obviously there cant be a Mrs Shovlar

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

No Swindon fan expected 7 points - it was you saying that.  It was a bad day for Swindon but not because they were the worst of the two sides but because the two tracks were poor and we picked up more injuries than Poole!

spot on....he is in his own weird little world im afraid

Poole should have won at Swindon and they didnt

41 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

To be happy with 2 when it should have been 4 is perhaps testament that Poole’s expectations are now much lower than in previous years?

I also note your suggestion that Tobi was unfit. Is there something your not telling us Dr Skidder? Given his obvious injury I will grant you there is nothing more satisfying than flinging yourself headlong in to a fence hoping you don’t break something just to prove the Poole management wrong.

Well done Tobi, that showed them...

Expectations are much lower these days it seems

If Ipswich went to Swindon and our reserves battered their reserves and they were missing a top rider and lost Doyle after 3 rides i would consider it points lost

Seems Poole fans will take anything

10 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Weren’t they going to sort out the track last year, and the year before and the year........?

It has got a lot better the last few months of last season, so all this it's been bad for ages is a load of rubbish. It always seems to be bad at start of the season, not sure what they do to it in the winter! May be they need to talk to stadium manager to keep on top of it.

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

On the face of it Poole really ought to have taken all four points. 

Why? We had 3 retirements in first 3 races? Why was that again? Ah yes the track.. :rolleyes:

Gotta laugh at the people demanding their opinions on the track and meeting weren't even there!! :rolleyes:

Wind it in boys, yeah??!

Top riders were complaining about both tracks and they were there - so you laugh away LC :icon_smile_clown:

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Gotta laugh at the people demanding their opinions on the track and meeting weren't even there!! :rolleyes:

Wind it in boys, yeah??!

oh dear cage rattled 

Think its pretty darn obvious that both tracks were bad dont think you had to be there to know that

Even the Swindon riders are saying the Swindon track was awful...........the Poole boys just dont say anything..pleased they got the majority of the points

The difference is that the Poole track has been garbage for a long time and its now got to the point where it is dangerous.

Swindon is a new track and has teething problems.....but i would bet which track will be sorted out first.

What you need to realise is that people get the annoyance with the same band of Poole dunces who claim everything is fine

Many many Swindon fans are annoyed and have been condemning the state of the Swindon track...........they are speedway fans you see and they understand the bigger picture

When you have downright trolls and fools trying to tell everyone Pooles track is fine then thats when you get the uprising on here

Unfortunately Shovlar thinks its funny to troll........its his sad little life and his choice

We then get people saying Musielek 'laid it down'............headlong into the fence hardly laying it down

Swindon riders 'overriding'

Absolute garbage comments from supposed adults

Poole have their of decent fans]

Unfortunately you have 4 or 5 (more than any other club) that just drag the name down on here

You seem keen to jump on any defensive bandwagon going

Swindon should have done what Doyle wanted and pulled out at heat 7 then maybe Poole would have got the repercussion they deserved

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Top riders were complaining about both tracks and they were there - so you laugh away LC :icon_smile_clown:

All she does is jump on the trolling bandwagon these days