British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Swindon v Poole - Premiership - Mon 27th May - 19:30

17 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Top riders were complaining about both tracks and they were there - so you laugh away LC :icon_smile_clown:

Stevebrum and Gavan weren't and they seem to be forcing their opinion on everyone. Fair enough if it was on the telly.

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

oh dear cage rattled 

Think its pretty darn obvious that both tracks were bad dont think you had to be there to know that

Even the Swindon riders are saying the Swindon track was awful...........the Poole boys just dont say anything..pleased they got the majority of the points

The difference is that the Poole track has been garbage for a long time and its now got to the point where it is dangerous.

Swindon is a new track and has teething problems.....but i would bet which track will be sorted out first.

What you need to realise is that people get the annoyance with the same band of Poole dunces who claim everything is fine

Many many Swindon fans are annoyed and have been condemning the state of the Swindon track...........they are speedway fans you see and they understand the bigger picture

When you have downright trolls and fools trying to tell everyone Pooles track is fine then thats when you get the uprising on here

Unfortunately Shovlar thinks its funny to troll........its his sad little life and his choice

We then get people saying Musielek 'laid it down'............headlong into the fence hardly laying it down

Swindon riders 'overriding'

Absolute garbage comments from supposed adults

Poole have their of decent fans]

Unfortunately you have 4 or 5 (more than any other club) that just drag the name down on here

You seem keen to jump on any defensive bandwagon going

Swindon should have done what Doyle wanted and pulled out at heat 7 then maybe Poole would have got the repercussion they deserved

Interesting that NO riders called the ref down to look at the track, if it was so bad, why not?

Ah the joys of a Poole thread.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Stevebrum and Gavan weren't and they seem to be forcing their opinion on everyone. Fair enough if it was on the telly.

oh dear you are funny

let me break it down

Pooles track was causing crashes and riders hitting ruts......caused an injury to Musielk

This was reported by pretty much everybody and the meeting took 3 hours to run

World class rider in Jason Doyle called the track dangerous

Adam Ellis and Troy Batchelor.......hardly novices were scathing in the state of the track

In the evening at Swindon riders were hitting a hole it seemed on the first bend

This was so bad it threw up a stone that injured Josh wrist

It was so bad that Doyle pulled out after aggravating his injury from Poole

Swindon fans saying how bad BOTH tracks were

Poole blue tints thinking their own track was ok

So i tell you what.................i will base my opinion on BOTH tracks from the genuine Swindon SPEEDWAY fans and not the usual Poole numpties.......and also from riders from the top level of speedway.......who moaned about BOTH tracks

I dont need to watch a meeting to have an opinion 

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting that NO riders called the ref down to look at the track, if it was so bad, why not?

Do you ever read anything before posting....................Doyle told Swindon team to carry on because of the paying public...........

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Gavan said:

oh dear you are funny

let me break it down

Pooles track was causing crashes and riders hitting ruts......caused an injury to Musielk

This was reported by pretty much everybody and the meeting took 3 hours to run

World class rider in Jason Doyle called the track dangerous

Adam Ellis and Troy Batchelor.......hardly novices were scathing in the state of the track

In the evening at Swindon riders were hitting a hole it seemed on the first bend

This was so bad it threw up a stone that injured Josh wrist

It was so bad that Doyle pulled out after aggravating his injury from Poole

Swindon fans saying how bad BOTH tracks were

Poole blue tints thinking their own track was ok

So i tell you what.................i will base my opinion on BOTH tracks from the genuine Swindon SPEEDWAY fans and not the usual Poole numpties.......and also from riders from the top level of speedway.......who moaned about BOTH tracks

I dont need to watch a meeting to have an opinion 

Do you ever read anything before posting....................Doyle told Swindon team to carry on because of the paying public...........

That may be the case, but not once did the ref come down to look at the track, and I was there 

I'm afraid Doyle can't call the meeting off, that's why they needed to talk to the ref. 

Doyle doesn't care about the paying public. If he thought it was really dangerous no way would he ride. More like no one was prepared to follow him in it. Prob get fined/suspended for not riding, Batch already been down that road before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

oh dear cage rattled 

Think its pretty darn obvious that both tracks were bad dont think you had to be there to know that

Even the Swindon riders are saying the Swindon track was awful...........the Poole boys just dont say anything..pleased they got the majority of the points

The difference is that the Poole track has been garbage for a long time and its now got to the point where it is dangerous.

Swindon is a new track and has teething problems.....but i would bet which track will be sorted out first.

What you need to realise is that people get the annoyance with the same band of Poole dunces who claim everything is fine

Many many Swindon fans are annoyed and have been condemning the state of the Swindon track...........they are speedway fans you see and they understand the bigger picture

When you have downright trolls and fools trying to tell everyone Pooles track is fine then thats when you get the uprising on here

Unfortunately Shovlar thinks its funny to troll........its his sad little life and his choice

We then get people saying Musielek 'laid it down'............headlong into the fence hardly laying it down

Swindon riders 'overriding'

Absolute garbage comments from supposed adults

Poole have their of decent fans]

Unfortunately you have 4 or 5 (more than any other club) that just drag the name down on here

You seem keen to jump on any defensive bandwagon going

Swindon should have done what Doyle wanted and pulled out at heat 7 then maybe Poole would have got the repercussion they deserved

I don't recall any Poole fan - Shovlar and me included - saying that the Poole track is fine? It isn't.

As for agreeing to go on after heat 7 for the fans - if the track had been heavy and wet and 'dangerous' then the two captains would have called the ref down to express their view and get the meeting called off. As others have said, at no time was the ref called down and at no time did any Poole riders or guest say it was too dangerous to continue.

Musielak's withdrawal was pre planned. He was intending to slide off in heat 3 - everyone in the pits knew it - but unfortunately it ended far more spectacularly than he intended.

I'm hearing Adam Ellis may be guesting on Thursday................!!

Edited by Skidder1

What would happen if the riders had said, ref this track is really dangerous we are not riding on it? 

We know the ref very often takes the riders opinions about safety after some rain.   

The words of riders safety is always used normally,,, 

Edited by Baldyman

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

What would happen if the riders had said, ref this track is really dangerous we are not riding on it? 

We know the ref very often takes the riders opinions about safety after some rain.   

The words of riders safety is always used normally,,, 

If the riders had refused to ride the meeting would have been abandoned.

Although the Poole track is in desperate need of being relaid and given fresh shale, it really wasn’t as bad as those that were not there have made out. 

Klindt has said on Twitter that the Swindon track last night was worse than Wimborne Road. Both tracks were not acceptable and I spent £42 on entry with program and £25 fuel and it certainly wasn’t value for money.

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Although the Poole track is in desperate need of being relaid and given fresh shale, it really wasn’t as bad as those that were not there have made out. 

Klindt has said on Twitter that the Swindon track last night was worse than Wimborne Road. Both tracks were not acceptable and I spent £42 on entry with program and £25 fuel and it certainly wasn’t value for money.

It’s very interesting to note that neither promotions have bothered to defend or, apologise for their poorly prepared/maintained tracks. It will be interesting to see how they run for cover if, god forbid a rider gets badly injured because they have failed to carry out a “due diligence” process on adequate facilities preparation and maintenance. Lots of innuendo and “chatter” about who has said what to who on what will be done but, it will be actions that count. Sounds a bit like a parallel universe to Brexit, doesn’t it?

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I was at Poole and it was diabolical, again. It really is time that the promotion sought some Professional help in sorting this problem out. The problem has been with us for far too long and we shouldn’t be spending time defending a rubbish track... Poole Stadium is a very good venue, badly let down by an appalling track which is the responsibility of PSL Directors and Promoters..

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

I was at Poole and it was diabolical, again. It really is time that the promotion sought some Professional help in sorting this problem out. The problem has been with us for far too long and we shouldn’t be spending time defending a rubbish track... Poole Stadium is a very good venue, badly let down by an appalling track which is the responsibility of PSL Directors and Promoters..

No one is defending the track. It needs a major overhaul from the base up. Get the bumps out with a laser blade then get some good quality clay based shale down.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:04 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Me thinks Swindon fans are trying to deflect from an abject day when they were expected to take 7 points. 

Last night I was more than happy to come away from Swindon with 2 points. A draw was never predicted and without our main man either. A great result for Poole. Sure Swindon lost ~doyle due to the Swindon track but it’s not our fault. 

I don’t believe a single Pirates fan left Blunsdon disappointed with the result.

Next up Peterborough and hopefully another 3 points.

Bet365 the biggest bookmakers on the planet made Poole favourites at Blunsdon and yet by some miracle against all odds Poole salvaged a draw.

To quote Bollo from the Mighty Boosh............'Whats that? did you say Phil Collins?' :rofl:

Edited by The Weasel
  • Like 1

I thought that work had been done at least twice in recent years to sort out the problems or have I imagined that. 

54 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I thought that work had been done at least twice in recent years to sort out the problems or have I imagined that. 

Work has been done but not the work that needs to be done. The base is knackered I would suggest, and needs relaying. Until that happens everything in between will be a temp fix and isn't actually solving the problem.

Whilst I understand there will be a significant cost implication, in the end Poole speedway are bringing the sport into disrepute and if there was a correct and proper process from the governing body they would be fined and instructed to fix the issues.

As it is, it's all a bit jobs for the boys and so Poole can carry on regardless. Its poor and on a grander scale really highlights the unprofessionalism across the sport as a whole.

The real shame of it all is that Wimbourne Road was once, and still can be, a great speedway track. It's a great shape and has stood the evolution of the bikes.

Unfortunately on here we have a few pillocks who see no wrong and will push the mantra until their dying day.

I really hope the majority of Poole supporters can see and understand the problem, it'll not solve anything in the end, but its nice to know there is still some sanity in the human race down there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1