British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Swindon v Poole - Premiership - Mon 27th May - 19:30

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really? Why is that then? Because you disagree with my thoughts on the meeting? Swindon fans expected to pick up 7 points today and it hasn’t worked out. Lunchtime meetings are notoriously slick and dusty, though the dust was kept under control until the last few heats.

Poole riders didn’t have the same issues the Swindon riders. We all know the Poole track is far from perfect. I posted a clip of the first meeting and the billowing dust clouds. Unacceptable. Yes, we would like the Poole track to be nice and smooth. And it isn’t. It doesn’t seem to be the promotions number one priority. Don’t ask me why.

But it certainly wasn’t as bad as has been made out on here by people who were not at the meeting. Swindon were unlucky losing the Pole. But the chances were that we would still have won.

As I have said on several occasions, Swindon have weak reserves and need their top 5 firing to win. Perhaps getting rid of the flaky Pole and bringing in Jensen will give them more clout.

For starters I didn't see one Swindon fan say we would get 7 points today. The only person who did was you so shows what you know .We all know our reserves are out of their depth but expected us to win at home tonight as Kurtz a big miss.

I don't expect anything less than you defending the track so will leave you with that. I wasn't there so I'm only going on what everyone else has said and that video of a pathetic heat 3.

The Poles pulled start permission on Lamps so hardly our fault. To say we are pulling a fast one is a pee take. 

Why do you lot engage with Shït Shovlar. 

He spouts crap just to wind you up. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I normally ignore him or even laugh at him but today he has proper wound me up. I genuinely believe he thinks the track was better than Belle Vue today.

12 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Aside from Doyley I thought your boy was the pick of the Robins this afternoon. Wasn't afraid to mix it despite getting a big shove on the pits bend early in the meeting,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Aside from Doyley I thought your boy was the pick of the Robins this afternoon. Wasn't afraid to mix it despite getting a big shove on the pits bend early in the meeting,

Doesn't sound like he enjoyed it though.

2 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Start permission removed. Medical certificate as well. Stop stirring it up as I thought you were better than that. 

Medical certificate for what exactly? A cold or something? How did he get injured yesterday then? Not through speedway anyway. 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Medical certificate for what exactly? A cold or something? How did he get injured yesterday then? Not through speedway anyway. 

Hand injury, it doesn’t matter how that happened & I don’t think it was said he injured it yesterday either. All it said was it was reported last night. As far as I’m aware (although I’m sure if this is wrong i’ll be corrected) it doesn’t have to be an injury caused by speedway to miss a meeting. 

Edited by hyabb17

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

Is he any good?

Good for Comets last season, performance and character. 

13 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Hand injury, it doesn’t matter how that happened & I don’t think it was said he injured it yesterday either. All it said was it was reported last night. As far as I’m aware (although I’m sure if this is wrong i’ll be corrected) it doesn’t have to be an injury caused by speedway to miss a meeting. 

No it doesn't. If he injured it earlier he would have told Swindon earlier. But still okay to ride in Poland? No crash yesterday so if he can ride in Poland, he can ride here..but prob already out of the team before this morning anyway. 

Arrived at Blunsdon. Two inches of snow on tge ground well, feels like it anyway. Drizzling. Bring a cost. 

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Spell check - rubbish Shoveller 

Don't you just love the cart dealer's username? 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No it doesn't. If he injured it earlier he would have told Swindon earlier. But still okay to ride in Poland? No crash yesterday so if he can ride in Poland, he can ride here..but prob already out of the team before this morning anyway. 

Didn’t take his last two rides yesterday. They were winning so no need to tac him out. 

15 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Didn’t take his last two rides yesterday. They were winning so no need to tac him out. 

He has been stopped from coming to the UK by his polish club 

1 minute ago, ray c said:

He has been stopped from coming to the UK by his polish club 

Yes I know that however he was also declared injured.