British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Shield semi-final

Glasgow, Leicester, Eastbourne and according to my calculations: Berwick.

Is that the case?

4 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Is that the case?

I take it will be a north v  north and a south v south draw then .

1 hour ago, jenga said:

I take it will be a north v  north and a south v south draw then .

Hope not,  we have just had Leicester and Glasgow with almost surely Leicester in the next round of the Cup.  I would settle for Glasgow or Berwick.  Incidentally our first three home opponents in the League which shows it was a tough start to the campaign. 

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Is that the case?

Thats the case, draw to be made at a BSPA meeting this coming Tuesday. Three Saturday night tracks will cause a bit of re-arranging for a couple of tracks. 

1 hour ago, screm said:

Thats the case, draw to be made at a BSPA meeting this coming Tuesday. Three Saturday night tracks will cause a bit of re-arranging for a couple of tracks. 

i take it Berwick will have first choice of the Saturdays meetings as they have been AROUND A LONG TIME ...

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

i take it Berwick will have first choice of the Saturdays meetings as they have been AROUND A LONG TIME ...

That would be my understanding but I`m not sure that makes much difference nowadays, for example Berwick would seem to have given up a Saturday night to be at Eastbourne tonight. Leicester seem to be able to use their track on other nights without to much trouble, something that Berwick cant do so it would help in so many ways if Berwick get Glasgow, nice and simple Friday night Glasgow Saturday night Berwick. 

Is it not the case that Glasgow and Berwick cannot be paired together in the semi as they came from the same group

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Is it not the case that Glasgow and Berwick cannot be paired together in the semi as they came from the same group

Must have changed then as I think Peterborough and Lakeside were drawn together last year (I remember Workington v Scunny semi final so assume they met in other semi)

2 hours ago, snapper said:

from a point of view of for the good of speedway ( money wise ) .. a Berwick v Glasgow would be the better option . could even attend this myself !

i wonder if the winners will have to buy their own trophy and medals as was the case with the Worky Comets last season ? . 

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can understand the logistics and cost of making it Berwick v Glasgow etc, but should it not be a proper draw ? How would it have been done if say Somerset had been the forth team? Would it have been Leicester v Glasgow as they are closest, then people would have moaned that the 2 strongest were put together. A proper draw gives it some credibility at least.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I can understand the logistics and cost of making it Berwick v Glasgow etc, but should it not be a proper draw ? How would it have been done if say Somerset had been the forth team? Would it have been Leicester v Glasgow as they are closest, then people would have moaned that the 2 strongest were put together. A proper draw gives it some credibility at least.

It's all about the costs. When has speedway ever bothered about credibility.

• Like 3

Unless the draw is shown live on Facebook (or another media - now there's an idea BSPA), who's to know if it was a proper draw?

• Like 1

Of course it'll be above board.  Two round and two square balls in the wee velvet bag....... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2