British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Kings Lynn Premiership Mon May 27th

4 hours ago, acef said:

It’s always well prepared, I’ll not dispute that.

However, Monmore suits the lay down machine and the track was at its strongest over those periods. I’ve seen riders turn themselves inside out going into the bends at the green. Now some of that is rider skill but generally it’s down to today’s bikes.

Its not a critical swipe at the track, I just think the bikes and riders have evolved and it’s no longer fit for purpose.

In respect of bv fans, I can’t agree with that. Peterborough is a truly wonderful track and so is Somerset, Scunthorpe and even Redcar on my recent visits. All the NSS has done is make bv supporters appreciate the current climate and just how important the flow of a speedway track is.

A lot of that is fair point. And I will grant you it’s more about skill on today’s bike.

Personally I like to see riders skillfully trying to master the tight turns and many have become experts over the years and it remains a joy to watch the top boys racing on it although less of that these days. 

Whilst I accept your point I have to disagree that it’s a track that’s not fit for purpose anymore.

4 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

That's called customer management fella. :D

Who ran your course, David Brent ("Never do today that which will become someone else's responsibility tomorrow") :D

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Part of the problem Rodders, nobody knows what you're talking about :)

Are our TalkSport rants over? 

Edited by Hodgy

16 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Are our TalkSport rants over? 

I'll open it up again just in case something crops up. That'll keep our select merry band of men, and couple of ladies happy. Also can't miss Hodgy's Saturday pound ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

I'll open it up again just in case something crops up. That'll keep our select merry band of men, and couple of ladies happy. Also can't miss Hodgy's Saturday pound ;)

Pleased to hear it. Knew you couldn’t resist the ‘stupidest punt of the week’ ;)