British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Kings Lynn Premiership Mon May 27th

8 hours ago, lynnboy said:

That’s why I said he will do better than Kerr ! 

I know you did - I read that - but you  didn’t answer the question. 

Edited by maneacat

16 hours ago, lynnboy said:

I see we have rider replacement for Riss and Heeps for Kerr I would of gone with Danny King instead of R/R but Heeps should do better than Kerr 

Thought you could only have a guest if one of your top 3 are out. Unless you have more than 1 rider out then you can have a guest and R/R. So we would have had to have R/R for one of those anyway. I think that's how it is anyway, Riss is 4th in our averages :o

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Thought you could only have a guest if one of your top 3 are out. Unless you have more than 1 rider out then you can have a guest and R/R. So we would have had to have R/R for one of those anyway. I think that's how it is anyway, Riss is 4th in our averages :o

Always believed you can have suitable guest at reserve. Looks like the ruling on 1-5 has been changed tho as appears all can be replaced if injured.

18.10 A GUEST RIDER (G) replaces an absent regular Team Member subject to the following:
18.10.1 If the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the Top 1 – 5 of the Team, then the Missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by + 5% at a Home Meeting to determine the allowance for the Guest
rider.
18.10.2 A rider may ride as a Guest (in an Official Meeting) at a Track only once in an 8-day period
(within that league) unless he is replacing the Home Teams #1 or is a NDL rider guesting for
the Home Team.
18.10.3 The Guest must be in a current Team Declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than
that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that particular league then the conversion factor of 1.5 will apply.
18.10.4 The Guest assumes the position and MA of the Missing rider.
18.10.5 A Guest Rider in a “double-header” shall count as one Meeting only.
18.10.6 No Rider, whose Team is in the Play-Offs may appear as a Guest in the Play-Offs, in that
League.

Edited by stevebrum
Added info.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Always believed you can have suitable guest at reserve. Looks like the ruling on 1-5 has been changed tho as appears all can be replaced if injured.

18.10 A GUEST RIDER (G) replaces an absent regular Team Member subject to the following:
18.10.1 If the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the Top 1 – 5 of the Team, then the Missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by + 5% at a Home Meeting to determine the allowance for the Guest
rider.
18.10.2 A rider may ride as a Guest (in an Official Meeting) at a Track only once in an 8-day period
(within that league) unless he is replacing the Home Teams #1 or is a NDL rider guesting for
the Home Team.
18.10.3 The Guest must be in a current Team Declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than
that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that particular league then the conversion factor of 1.5 will apply.
18.10.4 The Guest assumes the position and MA of the Missing rider.
18.10.5 A Guest Rider in a “double-header” shall count as one Meeting only.
18.10.6 No Rider, whose Team is in the Play-Offs may appear as a Guest in the Play-Offs, in that
League.

Art 18.10 needs to be read in conjunction with Art 18.8. 18.8 dictates when a guest may be used, 18.10 gives the rules for using a guest.

It is possible (albeit in a very unusual combination of events) for a PL team to use seven guests!

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 18.10 needs to be read in conjunction with Art 18.8. 18.8 dictates when a guest may be used, 18.10 gives the rules for using a guest.

It is possible (albeit in a very unusual combination of events) for a PL team to use seven guests!

Thanks for the fuller explanation. 

Light rain now in Pboro..with showers possible through afternoon with heavier rain coming in at 8...hope they get this on.

Do you think in future meetings, if a Buster wants to do circuits around our track in his tractor he could atleast change his Kingslynn jacket for a Panthers one please.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You must know that he says himself he loves King's Lynn. First and foremost, now and forever. He wears his heart on his sleeve you might say, so why pretend, anyway, he is the boss ( lock, stock and barrel ). Master of his whole domain. Striding across UK speedway like a giant.

Now we all know that wont happen as he sleeps in it, be abit wet for him tonight thou with all his sad Lynn tears 

How was the racing tonight ?  Has Buster finally put his mark on the track ?

Good meeting again tonight with some excellent racing. Lynn obviously missed Riss as his heats only secured 3 points. The Panthers were solid with special mention to Bradley who was on fire. MPT put in a good shift for the Stars but we were never in trouble really and won comfortably.Pity we now have to wait for a month before our next home meeting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Good meeting again tonight with some excellent racing. Lynn obviously missed Riss as his heats only secured 3 points. The Panthers were solid with special mention to Bradley who was on fire. MPT put in a good shift for the Stars but we were never in trouble really and won comfortably.Pity we now have to wait for a month before our next home meeting.

Great to hear :)

So now the racing has improved in the last couple of meetings.I guess Buster must have gone to all the expense of changing all the shale many were moaning about:D

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So now the racing has improved in the last couple of meetings.I guess Buster must have gone to all the expense of changing all the shale many were moaning about:D

I said similar after the meeting before.. Seems like a lot of fickle people in Peterborough.. Ain't head much from them lately.. Good job they don't support Lynn  eh :P