British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Who will be the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

There are lots of contenders in the Conservative party  but my choice would be Michael Gove

Today is Jeremy Corbyn 's 70th  birthday  so happy birthday to him but sadly only one person ever became Prime Minister   for the first time at that age  

• Sad 1

Thankfully it won't be Jeremy Corbyn as the next Prime Minister. Or the one after that. He wouldn't know if he wanted the UK to exit the EU or not anyway, even if he was Prime Minister.

• Like 3

My front runners at the moment, unless Steve Baker throws his hat in, are Boris, Dominic,  Andrea or Esther,  all staunch brexiteers. 

Just to add I wanted Andrea when she was up against Theresa,  sadly although mum does know best, she foiled herself!!

Edited by Badge
  • Like 1

The fact that a few hundred MPs will select the 2 candidates and less than 130,000 individuals will then choose the person to lead our government to me is a little disconcerting

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Whoever it is  ,is  Likely to be Doooooomed.... 

It won't be Jezbollah.

Hopefully not Bowis.

So another remain contender sajid jawid throws his hat in the ring. Hopefully they've learnt their lesson having a previous remainer negotiating a carp deal. 

Looks like Boris, Britain the laughing stock of the world, chaos of Brexit, May going leaving conservatives in a mess....Britain in austerity..this Brexit game is wonderful :oops:

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, Badge said:

My front runners at the moment, unless Steve Baker throws his hat in, are Boris, Dominic,  Andrea or Esther,  all staunch brexiteers. 

Just to add I wanted Andrea when she was up against Theresa,  sadly although mum does know best, she foiled herself!!

I quite like Ester McVey. Twice now I've watched her being interviewed and at the end I've though to myself that "no deal" is not such a problem really. None of the others put it across as well as her.

I can't really see her being PM though. I don't think she quite has the right profile.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Badge said:

Why should they give away citizenship like that. That would be so unfair to other people who have had to fork out thousands of pounds on immigration and citizenship.

I've no problem with EU citizens that are already here being granted permanent residency free of charge, as they did initially come her under that premise, but citizenship is a different matter. Everyone should do the proper tests and pay the fees required.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2019 at 9:31 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The fact that a few hundred MPs will select the 2 candidates and less than 130,000 individuals will then choose the person to lead our government to me is a little disconcerting

Look what happened when it was opened up and Labour got Corbyn to everyones surprise and dismay. Careful what you ask for.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:40 PM, topaz325 said:

Looks like Boris, Britain the laughing stock of the world, chaos of Brexit, May going leaving conservatives in a mess....Britain in austerity..this Brexit game is wonderful :oops:

Austerity is just about finished. Deficit in good control, and  now working on the level of debt,  frees money up to rebalance public spending. More money to the NHS and its structures was the early part of what to expect in the future.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:44 AM, Grachan said:

I quite like Ester McVey. Twice now I've watched her being interviewed and at the end I've though to myself that "no deal" is not such a problem really. None of the others put it across as well as her.

I can't really see her being PM though. I don't think she quite has the right profile.

She's too lightweight, and a permanent target for the Labour big hitters.