British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Who will be the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

She's still here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Do you really think it healthy that 72 year-olds decided who the next Prime Minister is going to be, with BoJo then having the audacity to claim he's going to unify the country...?

All it's going to do is ensure the Tories will be out of power for years. 

In many, if not most cultures, the wisdom that comes with age is respected not ridiculed. Seems very short sighted to belittle anybodys opinion purely because of their age!

Having said that I think Johnson is a clown and his becoming PM is a bad time for the UK, never would have happened if remain supporters had accepted the referendum result and moved us out of the EU though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vince said:

In many, if not most cultures, the wisdom that comes with age is respected not ridiculed. Seems very short sighted to belittle anybodys opinion purely because of their age!

Having said that I think Johnson is a clown and his becoming PM is a bad time for the UK, never would have happened if remain supporters had accepted the referendum result and moved us out of the EU though.

I think it was more about the deal terms than remain supporters.

9 minutes ago, Vince said:

In many, if not most cultures, the wisdom that comes with age is respected not ridiculed.

Well I simply don't agree. I find many of those over 60 are very out of touch with the modern realities of the world, something very much highlighted by Brexit.

That's of course my opinion, but also one increasingly prevalent amongst the younger generations. Johnson hasn't got a chance of unifying the country whilst it continues to be run for the benefit for retired people.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

She's still here.

Every cloud...........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well I simply don't agree. I find many of those over 60 are very out of touch with the modern realities of the world, something very much highlighted by Brexit.

What a surprise.... I would imagine you don't respect anyone that dares to have an alternative opinion to your mighty self :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

A number of Brexiteers on here think it's fine to throw around insults at Remainers, yet get all offended at mild ribbing. 

The average age of a Tory Party member is apparently 72 (https://www.bowgroup.org/news/bow-group-finds-average-age-conservative-party-member-72) so there's going to be a lot even older than that. And the official definition of geriatric is 65 or over. 

All the link shows is that 22 months ago the Bow Group “estimated “ the average age at 72. You omitted to mention that one month ago the last time the BBC reported the average age at 57, four years older than Labours average age.

The fact is that nobody really knows what the average age of the Tory membership because the membership details are held by individual local Conservative associations and not generally made public  ( data protection. Act) but James Cleverly who should know as well as anyone as Conservative party chairman has quoted 57 as the average age but even that is thought to be an informed guess.

Age 72 suits your agenda but nobody really knows. 

• Like 5

I don't think the result declared was strictly accurate. Apparently half a dozen or so Tory Party members have admitted to voting for ' Mike the Camerman ' from Channel Four's ' The Last Leg '

Edited by Seymour Dix
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

What exactly is wrong with being 72. It's something many of us hope to be at some stage:rolleyes:

If Mr Air Miles lives to be 72 , he'll still be on here telling us his opinion is as valid as any others :drink:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Do you really think it healthy that 72 year-olds decided who the next Prime Minister is going to be, with BoJo then having the audacity to claim he's going to unify the country...?

Do you mean “only 72 year olds” or “average age of 72”?

Either way it’s OK with me.

It’s up to young people to be sufficiently motivated politically to join and change the political parties and they can have no complaint if they fail to do so, it leaves the average age of Tory members as 72 and the old folks choose the PM for them.

And if only one age of person were allowed to make the choice I’d rather it be a 72 year old with life experience than someone of 27.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

That's an ageist comment, and yet another incorrect opinion as it's not 72 anyway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

If Mr Air Miles lives to be 72 , he'll still be on here telling us his opinion is as valid as any others :drink:

Yawn, Mr 4WD... :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Yawn, Mr 4WD... :rolleyes:

Its only 2WD until i flick a switch , only usually needed for a clay pigeon shoot across the fields or a bit of salmon/seat trout action outside of winter :D

Still like this clip. And also nice that iris has passed his genocide test :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1