British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Who will be the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

16 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Not sure why you have to continually name check me, but it's actually you who's not respecting democracy. The right to disagree with and oppose a decision is part of the democratic process, and particularly so when the previous decision was very marginal and therefore not the will of all of the people.

Jo Swinson has set-out her position very clearly (unlike Labour) and the public can vote for the LibDems or not based on that. It's unlikely the LibDems would win an election anyway, but if they did then that actually would be democracy in action. 

You disagree with 52 per cent of the Country !!! and have cried like a baby ever since.Except, and  respect the result move on for me your right to disagree makes no difference to the result.

13 minutes ago, Debbs said:

She is sexy love 2 have a 3 some me her and Boris.

What about Mrs May and her husband !!!! god you are a weirdo are you any relation to Humph!!!!

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

What about Mrs May and her husband !!!! god you are a weirdo are you any relation to Humph!!!!

No she is ugly .

• Confused 1

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

You disagree with 52 per cent of the Country !!! and have cried like a baby ever since.Except, and  respect the result move on for me your right to disagree makes no difference to the result.

I disagree with 37% of the country, and haven't cried about Goans or Slovaks at my workplace. 

Like I said, I've not done a thing to prevent Brexit any more than you've done anything to make it happen. But I'll certainly exercise my democratic right to oppose it when the opportunity comes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I disagree with 37% of the country, and haven't cried about Goans or Slovaks at my workplace. 

Like I said, I've not done a thing to prevent Brexit any more than you've done anything to make it happen. But I'll certainly exercise my democratic right to oppose it when the opportunity comes. 

Hopefully your fate will be sealed on the 31st October and you can finally move on with your life.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hopefully your fate will be sealed on the 31st October and you can finally move on with your life.

Won't be my fate - will be yours.. 

51 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Won't be my fate - will be yours.. 

My parents taught me that  you cannot  always have what you want in life, maybe that is a concept you find hard to understand on any subject.

3 hours ago, adonis said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9569467/arrogant-lib-dem-boss-jo-swinson-vows-to-reverse-brexit-   

Vote Lib Dumb and you will get  What she believes in , not whatever the majority in the country vote for !!

Not sure what you are on, but if you vote for her and get what she believes in, then it means she has won an election based on that

I bet it is still Boris Johnson after the upcoming General Election ( with a reasonable enough majority to govern ). However, if he makes a pig's ear of it with Brexit, then there will be more of Brexit Party M.P.s than Lib Dem. Maybe many more of them.

• Like 1

"We're not going to talk to you unless you sign up to my preconditions".

Which side of this debate does that sound like? Well both actually.

Stop criticising the EU or Boris for their stance. They are equivalent. This is new territory. A spirit of "How can we agree something that we can both live with" might be a way forward. The UK is leaving. We're not staying in the customs union or the single market. (staying in the customs union and the single market = staying in the EU or can you argue otherwise?) The EU needs to respect the will of the UK as stated in a properly constituted referendum. The backstop is an issue that stops parliament (i.e. a majority of all 650 MPs) moving forward. The answer to that is NOT to give up on what was voted for. It's too difficult, so let's have another vote? Are you kidding? Kick the arse of every MP not working for our exit, all of you. We told you what we wanted, so go and do it. Is that clear? Call a vote of confidence. Not sometime when you think it might suit you politically. Do it now, bring it on. And if that results in an election, so be it. We'll make sure the people on both sides that brought down the government are brought to book. The tories will win. Labour will be nowhere (and they know it). Actually, Labour are running scared they might win an election. What would they do then? Cancel article 50? Talk of a disregard of democracy will than be interesting to watch.  You think the remain advocates are noisy just now? You ain't seen nothing yet. 

4 minutes ago, False dawn said:

"We're not going to talk to you unless you sign up to my preconditions".

Which side of this debate does that sound like? Well both actually.

Stop criticising the EU or Boris for their stance. They are equivalent. This is new territory. A spirit of "How can we agree something that we can both live with" might be a way forward. The UK is leaving. We're not staying in the customs union or the single market. (staying in the customs union and the single market = staying in the EU or can you argue otherwise?) The EU needs to respect the will of the UK as stated in a properly constituted referendum. The backstop is an issue that stops parliament (i.e. a majority of all 650 MPs) moving forward. The answer to that is NOT to give up on what was voted for. It's too difficult, so let's have another vote? Are you kidding? Kick the arse of every MP not working for our exit, all of you. We told you what we wanted, so go and do it. Is that clear? Call a vote of confidence. Not sometime when you think it might suit you politically. Do it now, bring it on. And if that results in an election, so be it. We'll make sure the people on both sides that brought down the government are brought to book. The tories will win. Labour will be nowhere (and they know it). Actually, Labour are running scared they might win an election. What would they do then? Cancel article 50? Talk of a disregard of democracy will than be interesting to watch.  You think the remain advocates are noisy just now? You ain't seen nothing yet. 

Today was apparently the last day a vote of (no) confidence could be called in order to precipitate a GE. before 31st Oct. The. Confidence motion can only be triggered by Steptoe. The fact he hasn’t done so suggests he knows he won’t be able to command a majority , despite the  bluster.  So yes you are correct in saying Labour are scared they might win an election but even more scared, from Corbyns perspective , they might lose one because he would surely then be booted out as leader.

Kier Starmer was interviewed in LBC last night trying to tell us Labour want a GE, but when confronted by the polls he came out with the usual poiticians get out clause that he was sure that “ I am confident that when they see our plans their support will come flooding back”. 

7 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

As good as that sounds you only agree with 34%!!

• Haha 1

Pies new video on Boris and his cabinet!!

Not for the easily offended.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

The EU needs to respect the will of the UK as stated in a properly constituted referendum. 

They don't need to respect anything. It's the UK that wants things from the EU because 50% of its trade is with it, and it was also the UK not the EU that signed the Good Friday Agreement.