British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Who will be the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

8 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

They don't need to respect anything. It's the UK that wants things from the EU because 50% of its trade is with it, and it was also the UK not the EU that signed the Good Friday Agreement.

They never respect anything so no biggie there. And 50% of our trade is not with the eu. Rotterdam effect Air miles.

Bullrubbish Buccaneer is back !!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Bullrubbish Buccaneer is back !!!

Self observation at its finest :D

4 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Self observation at its finest :D

Your great great great whatever might have been a pirate, but you have managed to whittle it down to just prat, as occupation !!!!:rofl:

5 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I bet it is still Boris Johnson after the upcoming General Election ( with a reasonable enough majority to govern ). However, if he makes a pig's ear of it with Brexit, then there will be more of Brexit Party M.P.s than Lib Dem. Maybe many more of them.

Not a chance. Brexit party will be lucky to get one MP should there be a general election before the year is out. Latest voting intentions show Remain at 48% and leave at 41%, with all polling companies.

deaths and sensible folk seeing the error of their vote have seen a huge swing to remain. Boris knows this, the Conservatives know this and so do brexit voters, hence the desperation to get it through by Oct 31st. It ain’t going to happen. A no deal will never get through Parliament and the only hope brexiteers have now is Mays deal, tweaked slightly and dressed up in emperors new clothes. But even that won’t make it. Boris could well be out of his coveted job by November.

A general election will see gains for Lib Dem’s and labour, leaving Conservatives with probably less than 200 seats. Brexit party voters wil just steal off Conservative votes to split the vote and allow Leb Dems and labour in by the back door. And in doing so will end brexit once and for all.

Then, the sensible amongst can celebrate with street parties and buying some champangne, but not from Witherspoons.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not a chance. Brexit party will be lucky to get one MP should there be a general election before the year is out. Latest voting intentions show Remain at 48% and leave at 41%, with all polling companies.

deaths and sensible folk seeing the error of their vote have seen a huge swing to remain. Boris knows this, the Conservatives know this and so do brexit voters, hence the desperation to get it through by Oct 31st. It ain’t going to happen. A no deal will never get through Parliament and the only hope brexiteers have now is Mays deal, tweaked slightly and dressed up in emperors new clothes. But even that won’t make it. Boris could well be out of his coveted job by November.

A general election will see gains for Lib Dem’s and labour, leaving Conservatives with probably less than 200 seats. Brexit party voters wil just steal off Conservative votes to split the vote and allow Leb Dems and labour in by the back door. And in doing so will end brexit once and for all.

Then, the sensible amongst can celebrate with street parties and buying some champangne, but not from Witherspoons.

Blimey you dont half dream ! Like HA though , you seem rather jubilant in people dying , its not a good look however you dress it up. Methinks you are in for a rude awakening. I cant wait for you to feel the burn.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Blimey you dont half dream ! Like HA though , you seem rather jubilant in people dying , its not a good look however you dress it up. Methinks you are in for a rude awakening. I cant wait for you to feel the burn.

I won’t feel it as my business is now based on the continent. And I am paid in euros meaning that when the pound collapses I will receive even more for my euros. Should brexit actually happen. 

There’s no benefit whatsoever to brexit, unless you actually voted in the hope of being poorer. Most want to thrive and earn more, go on holiday to Europe several times a year and enjoy a good relationship with our close friends across the channel.

I understand that little Englanders have trouble with this. Like that imbecile Mark Francois they think Europeans are ‘the enemy’. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

They never respect anything so no biggie there. And 50% of our trade is not with the eu. Rotterdam effect Air miles.

The Brexiteer's supposed Rotterdam effect has long since been discredited. Do try to keep up in your 4WD... :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I won’t feel it as my business is now based on the continent. And I am paid in euros meaning that when the pound collapses I will receive even more for my euros. Should brexit actually happen. 

There’s no benefit whatsoever to brexit, unless you actually voted in the hope of being poorer. Most want to thrive and earn more, go on holiday to Europe several times a year and enjoy a good relationship with our close friends across the channel.

I understand that little Englanders have trouble with this. Like that imbecile Mark Francois they think Europeans are ‘the enemy’. 

I'll just leave that there. 'IF'.

14 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

You're quoting an article from 3 years ago, which also heavily quotes a Brexiteer who's hardly impartial, but still basically agrees that the Rotterdam effect is minimal. 

The latest figures are 46% for exports (https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851), but you still have to factor in imports (54%) as there will be UK businesses reliant on them. So saying that trade with the EU is 50% will actually be an under-estimate given that imports outweigh exports (even though  exports from the EU are proportionally much smaller of their economy and than vice-versa).

The only burning is the bonfire of discredited assertions of the Brexit Brigade... :D

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The same old record. Don't recall any posts from you on the subject prior to the referendum...perhaps we would have all voted differently with your no doubt worthy input?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

You're quoting an article from 3 years ago, which also heavily quotes a Brexiteer who's hardly impartial, but still basically agrees that the Rotterdam effect is minimal. 

The latest figures are 46% for exports (https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851), but you still have to factor in imports (54%) as there will be UK businesses reliant on them. So saying that trade with the EU is 50% will actually be an under-estimate given that imports outweigh exports (even though  exports from the EU are proportionally much smaller of their economy and than vice-versa).

The only burning is the bonfire of discredited assertions of the Brexit Brigade... :D

Let us know after 40 years. Sounds like a fair referendum gap doesnt it Air miles ?

6 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Let us know after 40 years. Sounds like a fair referendum gap doesnt it Air miles ?

Certainly your diesel 4WD will be banned long before then.