British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Who will be the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I won’t feel it as my business is now based on the continent. And I am paid in euros meaning that when the pound collapses I will receive even more for my euros. Should brexit actually happen. 

There’s no benefit whatsoever to brexit, unless you actually voted in the hope of being poorer. Most want to thrive and earn more, go on holiday to Europe several times a year and enjoy a good relationship with our close friends across the channel.

I understand that little Englanders have trouble with this. Like that imbecile Mark Francois they think Europeans are ‘the enemy’. 

Why do you have this misconception that you will not be able to go on holiday to Europe after Brexit. We're leaving the EU NOT Europe :rolleyes:

Funny how pre Common Market referendum my family and I went to Italy every summer :lol:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Badge said:

Why do you have this misconception that you will not be able to go on holiday to Europe after Brexit. We're leaving the EU NOT Europe :rolleyes:

Funny how pre Common Market referendum my family and I went to Italy every summer :lol:

The pound’s collapse against the euro will make holidays in Europe very expensive.

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The pound’s collapse against the euro will make holidays in Europe very expensive.

The pound will stay stable the London financial centres and all services will see to that.People  told us three years ago the country would be in a major reccession what happened??? lies and scaremongering.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 4

You know what, I like Boris in many ways.  "Lets get rid of the negativity in the UK" - I agree, the UK seems to be "full" of doom and gloomers, all negative and nothing positive. Must be the younger generation then the one brought up in the post war years when there was nothing but something good came about. U can get back to where it was before, UK coexisted with the mainland europeans before, still do, and will do in the future. UK wants to trade with Europe, what it does not need is to be tied into a political union. Obviously the EU diplomats deem the EU to be the best thing since sliced bread. A lot of "normal" people in the Eu think differently, in the UK the numbers wanting out were greater then wanting to stay in. I am sure there will be a hit on the economy, just not any where near as bad as the doom and gloomers reckon. And there lies a problem. In 2016 the doom and gloomers were suggesting all sorts of catastrophic things will take place, some supposedly straight after the referendum. Did they happen..... Nooooo. So once massive predictions have not proved to be, trust in anymore will also not be trusted either.....that is where UK is at today, and during the time to 31st October the rhetoric will for sure be stepped up and the press will love it, they will have a field day, fueling a divided nation with more rubbish.

I know many dont like Donald Trump. but he tells it as it is. Might not be "politically correct", but he is shaking up American politics and those who voted for him love it - they had enough of Clinton/Bush/Obama - they wanted a change.  Boris is UK's equivalent to Trump..... he is going to do the same hopefully, tell as it is and then act on his words.  He wont be liked by a lot, but if he is "allowed" to get through all this then UK could be in a better place in 20 years then now. If UK stays as it is now, I reckon UK will be in a much worse place then now.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

You know what, I like Boris in many ways.  "Lets get rid of the negativity in the UK" - I agree, the UK seems to be "full" of doom and gloomers, all negative and nothing positive. Must be the younger generation then the one brought up in the post war years when there was nothing but something good came about. U can get back to where it was before, UK coexisted with the mainland europeans before, still do, and will do in the future. UK wants to trade with Europe, what it does not need is to be tied into a political union. Obviously the EU diplomats deem the EU to be the best thing since sliced bread. A lot of "normal" people in the Eu think differently, in the UK the numbers wanting out were greater then wanting to stay in. I am sure there will be a hit on the economy, just not any where near as bad as the doom and gloomers reckon. And there lies a problem. In 2016 the doom and gloomers were suggesting all sorts of catastrophic things will take place, some supposedly straight after the referendum. Did they happen..... Nooooo. So once massive predictions have not proved to be, trust in anymore will also not be trusted either.....that is where UK is at today, and during the time to 31st October the rhetoric will for sure be stepped up and the press will love it, they will have a field day, fueling a divided nation with more rubbish.

I know many dont like Donald Trump. but he tells it as it is. Might not be "politically correct", but he is shaking up American politics and those who voted for him love it - they had enough of Clinton/Bush/Obama - they wanted a change.  Boris is UK's equivalent to Trump..... he is going to do the same hopefully, tell as it is and then act on his words.  He wont be liked by a lot, but if he is "allowed" to get through all this then UK could be in a better place in 20 years then now. If UK stays as it is now, I reckon UK will be in a much worse place then now.

I recon this is the worse time since the Thatcher days the early 80s we are BETTER than this and like you said we should all be more positive.If Boris prevails there will be rocky times ahead but we can go and grab a brand new future what is there to lose zero hour jobs 8.21 an hour no chance of getting on the property ladder as it is at the moment the country is going nowhere.

27 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I recon this is the worse time since the Thatcher days the early 80s we are BETTER than this and like you said we should all be more positive.If Boris prevails there will be rocky times ahead but we can go and grab a brand new future what is there to lose zero hour jobs 8.21 an hour no chance of getting on the property ladder as it is at the moment the country is going nowhere.

Did you see “Broke” last night on BBC2?

One man lost his job because he didn’t turn up for work after a night out drinking and another thought he was hard done by having to renew his taxi licence for three years at the ripe old age of 59!

The fact is that if you have a poor education, hand to mouth jobs, no ambition, four children and waste your money on beer, fags and tattoos, you’re going to struggle.

And it’s not everyone else’s fault.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Did you see “Broke” last night on BBC2?

One man lost his job because he didn’t turn up for work after a night out drinking and another thought he was hard done by having to renew his taxi licence for three years at the ripe old age of 59!

The fact is that if you have a poor education, hand to mouth jobs, no ambition, four children and waste your money on beer, fags and tattoos, you’re going to struggle.

And it’s not everyone else’s fault.

The future you portray looks gloomy this once great nation deserve's better.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

The future you portray looks gloomy this once great nation deserve's better.

I haven’t portrayed a future, I’ve just commented on a present where many at the economic bottom of society have created their mess themselves but never accept responsibility for it.

If you’ve had a poor education and you have a crap job, don’t start a family of four, go back to college, even part time night school, to improve your prospects, and don’t waste your money on beer, fags and tattoos, save it. 

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I haven’t portrayed a future, I’ve just commented on a present where many at the economic bottom of society have created their mess themselves but never accept responsibility for it.

If you’ve had a poor education and you have a crap job, don’t start a family of four, go back to college, even part time night school, to improve your prospects, and don’t waste your money on beer, fags and tattoos, save it. 

What about people who maybe dont have the talent to better themselves? 

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

everyone has the ability to better themselves, it's the lazy that don't.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

They must live within their means.

But if Romanians can come all the way over here and have three jobs, including cleaning and car washing, are the British poor travelling to find work and trying hard enough?

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Everyone has the talent to better themselves in some way, but far too many prefer to sit around moaning and blaming others for their lot. You only have to see some of the ridiculous comments on here aimed at those who have got on their bikes. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Everyone has the talent to better themselves in some way, but far too many prefer to sit around moaning and blaming others for their lot. You only have to see some of the ridiculous comments on here aimed at those who have got on their bikes. 

Spot on . And this where leave get a lot of their votes from .. People who like blaming others for not doing very well . The Eu has  been perfect those types .

21 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

A typical comment from someone who comes from the  i am alright jack brigade!!.

32 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

A typical comment from someone who comes from the  i am alright jack brigade!!.

And why do you think I might be alright Jack? Perhaps because I applied myself to something, found the opportunities and made things happen. And since then haven't rested on my laurels expecting to do the same thing forever more. 

Over the years there's been a number of up-and-downs, disappointments and missing out on things because someone else's face fits better, but I don't sit around blaming others and just find something else wherever that may be. There's plenty of opportunities for everyone if you're willing to find them - you bump into Brits all around the world who've done well for themselves despite starting out with limited skills. 

• Like 1