British Speedway Forum
gee jay

EASTBOURNE V SHEFFIELD SAT 1ST ?

eastbourne website has this as on next sat , sheffield website doesn't . anybody know for sure ?

Edited by gee jay

6 minutes ago, gee jay said:

eastbourne website has this as on next sat , sheffield website doesn't . anybody know for sure ?

I've been told the plug has been pulled because of the football. 

Even if its only a few you have to feel for any Sheffield fans who have booked travel,hotels etc for this meeting.

20 minutes ago, screm said:

Even if its only a few you have to feel for any Sheffield fans who have booked travel,hotels etc for this meeting.

you have to say the days of travelling fans are just about over . maybe the odd one or two fitting in a visit to friends or family , with the joyous visit to an away track . 

its just got too dear to do that sort of thing now .

Eastie said they were going to run meetings regardless of TV distractions this season. It hasn't taken long for the old habits to return.

You could understand to an extent if it was local team. But cancelling the meeting because of Liverpool VS Tottenham? Seriously, the sports just looking amateur once again.

Edited by spin king junior

sad state of affairs, like you said, what about supporters from sheffield who have arranged time off and accommodation around this.rain off or any other reason is acceptable but this.no wonder supporters are getting fed up.what is happening to our once great sport?weeks between fixtures due to lack of fixtures, indeed,sheffield were going to put on a meeting of some description yesterday but due to the poorly attended top gun meeting, decided against it.like has been mentioned, long way to come at great expense for just a single meeting.pretty much gone are the days of the southern and northern tours, like everything else ,speedway is becoming expensive to follow, especially away.what with this and a lack of riders and doubling up, there can only be one outcome and not a good one at that.

Just make Speedway one big league divide it north and south get rid of averages and have graded riders end of the year top 2 from each divide face each other and you’ve got yourself 2 semis and a final 

Edited by TurnTwo
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Just make Speedway one big league divide it north and south get rid of averages and have graded riders end of the year top 2 from each divide face each other and you’ve got yourself 2 semis and a final 

Please don’t make sensible ideas ,the Promoters don’t like that.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, jenga said:

you have to say the days of travelling fans are just about over . maybe the odd one or two fitting in a visit to friends or family , with the joyous visit to an away track . 

its just got too dear to do that sort of thing now .

This has now happened two weekends running to Sheffield.

Edinburgh last weekend and now this

We went to Edinburgh anyway and went to the speedway Friday to meet up with friends and had a great weekend in Edinburgh, wont be going when Sheffield visit though.

was also going to go to this one but decided not to because of being so close to the Edinburgh match and a holiday, so this one not affected us but I know it will have some of the Sheffield fans.

no good arranging things till the last minute as a speedway supporter it seems

Edited by The Third Man

Speedway and virtually every other smaller sport has a massive problem with football.

Soccer has really got too big for its boots (pun intended).

In fact, it is not soccer as a whole but the Premiership. It is overwhelming the lower leagues too - just look how many teams are struggling leagues one/two and further down the pyramid.

I would go to speedway and others would too. However, I know a lot of Spurs fans, Liverpool fans and football fans who also go to speedway.

The crowd would have been abysmal, in my view.

• Like 2

well done Eastbourne .. now the only thing bothering me is . what do i watch. the champions league football in which the irons are not involved or the speedway GP  RD 2 ?cannot record on BT sports , so it looks like the channel change button is going to be red hot .  

thank god for no speedway @ workington this year . a blessing in disguise .NOT.  :o