British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves v Belle Vue 27th May 19

Well after that mauling we need to regain some pride and I think we will  with a win. Good job there isn't a bonus point anymore, that would have been out of reach.

Slight worry is Masters, he seems to be on a poor run of form. And of course it is Nick Morris's home debut.

Well I stand corrected twice. Absolutely gob smacked at this result.

8 minutes ago, acef said:

Well I stand corrected twice. Absolutely gob smacked at this result.

I predicted both results. We will need time to settle with the original line up. 

Congratulations to the Aces on full points tonight. Be interesting to hear how poor we were today in both matches.

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I predicted both results. We will need time to settle with the original line up. 

Congratulations to the Aces on full points tonight. Be interesting to hear how poor we were today in both matches.

I dont think you were poor in the first meeting. Rode hard. One of those score lines that didn't reflect the result.

I am genuinely shocked at the result here though. 

Quite honestly I expected a beating.

Wells has saved his ass today.

Unbelievable result didn't expect that.  All round strong team performance today, but Fricke really looking a genuine number 1 these days.

21 minutes ago, acef said:

I dont think you were poor in the first meeting. Rode hard. One of those score lines that didn't reflect the result.

I am genuinely shocked at the result here though. 

Quite honestly I expected a beating.

Wells has saved his ass today.

We are always poor at the NSS so I half expected that.

however having 4 potential number ones (all were at some stage last season) we shouldn’t be losing in this manner so it’s a worry and hopefully just a period of transition required.

The expected result tho.

23 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Unbelievable result didn't expect that.  All round strong team performance today, but Fricke really looking a genuine number 1 these days.

Same

I had wolves as one of the main players. On paper, they have such a solid team. As Steve says, all been number 1s at some point or another.

At home I thought they'd be pretty much unbeatable and whilst they were carrying nick today, I still thought they would have had enough.

BV are proving quite an enigma. It's one of those teams that will get stronger as the season develops.

Well stevebrum, I got this result spectacularly wrong with my forecast of a good Wolves win. I think most Belle Vue fans thought that Wolves would have their revenge for the earlier in the day defeat.

I must admit to thinking that Wolverhampton would not get beaten at home this year, as usually they are so strong at home.

Bloody hell a shock result!

Stunned at that result tonight. Appreciate Thorssell & Morris will need time to find their best form in UK, when they do fully expect Wolves to be top 4. 

A word for Ricky Wells. Looked like he might be on borrowed time after sketchy early season form. Done a great job today, respect. 

2 bad results for Wolves today but not exactly end of season. Finishing 4th which is as good as first in a 7 team league still very achievable. Title decided in October not May

39 minutes ago, woodenspoon said:

Well stevebrum, I got this result spectacularly wrong with my forecast of a good Wolves win. I think most Belle Vue fans thought that Wolves would have their revenge for the earlier in the day defeat.

I must admit to thinking that Wolverhampton would not get beaten at home this year, as usually they are so strong at home.

Don’t think many would expect Wolves to drop points at home, even Wolves fans.

I read it as soon as I saw both Jacob and Nick were both back at the same time. Hopefully we can pick up from this and settle down and hopefully come September we will be bang on form. When it really matters.

Prepare a slick track with no inside line.. Wolves will get battered... Every.. Single.. Time.

Well done to Belle Vue, must have thought they'd arrived in heaven!

• Like 1

As a Wolves fan I think this meeting should have been cancelled because Aston Villa were on the TV today. :drink:

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Lefty said:

As a Wolves fan I think this meeting should have been cancelled because Aston Villa were on the TV today. :drink:

I take by the :drink: that you won :)