British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

So the original West Ham track was a Long Track?. I always believed a long track had to be between 500 and 1,000m.. Seems I was wrong.

It was. But because the FIM wanted to try and broaden the popularity they changed the rules. I think maybe from memory Gollob was at first mooted as possible wild card. But not too sure now after all these years

Ine of the local tracks to me, Mulmshorn I think is 500m and another Scheessel is 1,000. Also another that is rarely used Hechthausen is fairly small 

Not too sure there was a lack of 1,000m tracks, maybe more a lack of those that wanted to host a GP. I think Parchim almost went bust hosting one

11 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Whats the story in the 1man runoff.

Tressarieu couldn’t be bothered to ride.

1 hour ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Tressarieu couldn’t be bothered to ride.

:blink: why bother at all then... Wasnt much of a spectale anyway. 

Didn't realise Stephan Katt was still going! Does Matthias Kroger still ride longtrack too?

Stan Burza must be nearly about 50 by now!

Just now, Najjer said:

Didn't realise Stephan Katt was still going! Does Matthias Kroger still ride longtrack too?

Think you just summed up longtrack perfectly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

Think you just summed up longtrack perfectly.

It’s certainly down graded these days, majority are old speedway riders making a bit cash in there old age.Gone is the Golden Era.

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

50, a mere spring chicken. Bernd Diener is 60 and he should have been in this year's series, and did ride in the Challenge missing qualification for next year's series by a single place.

Edit: and with Hummel and Pijper finishing in the series top 7 Diener should be in the GP next year

Edited by arnieg

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

Kröger retired a couple of years back

6 hours ago, Najjer said:

As surprising as it may seem, he's a mere 43 years old :D

On 9/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, customhouseregular said:

So the original West Ham track was a Long Track?. I always believed a long track had to be between 500 and 1,000m.. Seems I was wrong.

anything to get the Poles involves i guess, so they can take over that sport too.

i remember Diener at Schessell in '94 or '95 when Tatum won his first title, he was no spring chicken then! i've seen him at the Poacher in the last few years too

The PZM actually proposed to run a Final in Rzeszow, FIM was quite suprised and happily accepted as there aren't much other longtrack venues that can run a Final meeting these days.

Longtrack needs taking over. Not really sure what anyone could do with it, but it’s not getting better if CCP is the promoter of it for 20 days a year.