British Speedway Forum

Yeah I just saw that :rofl:

Jari Mäkinen posted the calendar. Is he doing Long Track now ?

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

Yeah I just saw that :rofl:

Jari Mäkinen posted the calendar. Is he doing Long Track now ?

Yes. He’s ”doing” the meeting, as in one of the organisers.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, DutchGrasstrack said:

OK, they go back to poland ;)

21st May DMSB Final 1 Herxheim Germany

20th June FFM Final 2 La Réole France

05th July DMSB Final 3 Mühldorf Germany

08th August SML Final 4 Forssa Finland

26th September PZM Final 5 Rzeszow Poland

Macrons statement today seems to mean La Reole isn't happening on that date.....mid- July earliest in France for any sort of gathering

31.08 no speedway or long track etc until then at the earliest, so Mühldorf also not happening on the planned date

21 minutes ago, iris123 said:

31.08 no speedway or long track etc until then at the earliest, so Mühldorf also not happening on the planned date

So is speedway and longtrack classified as a 'Großveranstaltung' in Germany?

6 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Well specifically it mentions football, but also ‘ Schützenfest ‘ . But it also say’s concrete size etc will be up to each State . But Bavaria etc in the south seem very hardline. Maybe Mecklenburg- Vorpommern which hasn’t been affected much might be more ready to allow a meeting or so. But they have also been quite hard, not allowing people from other states to travel there. I can’t see it happening

I did. see on Facebook a post saying this affected speedway etc 100% and I guess that is correct

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 6:21 PM, DutchGrasstrack said:

In Schleswig-Holstein they are allowing anything with up to 1,000 attending. So probably rules out Brokstedt unless it is a junior meeting. maybe Nordhastedt ? But I think unless they want to run their junior events and make sure not more than 1,000 get in, then nothing here

But I see one after the other today,promoters are cancelling their meetings.....Abensberg and now Norden...

Edited by iris123

16 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

La Reole and Muhldorf are both cancelled.

Now that is a surprise.....I said a while back :P

But they could have done what one of the Danish football clubs is doing. Putting the meeting on a big screen in the car park !! Even the football club reckon they have enough places for 2,000 cars to come up with an attendance of 10,000 max, which must be enough for those two clubs ? No idea, but imagine they must have a large car park.....no imagination though

See Bavaria, as I stated are taking a hard line and gone further than end of August. They have cancelled the holy of holies, the Oktoberfest !!!!

Edited by iris123

The FIM Longtrack World Championship Qualifying Round due to take place on August 23rd at Scheessel has been cancelled. 

2 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

@f-s-p what are the chances of Forssa going ahead? 

At the moment we have a ban of gatherings of 500+ and that goes until the end of July. Apparently the goverment will announce new rulings next week. Lately our Covid news has been that the first wave has been handled with good results and that means the actual cräp will hit the fan later in the summer.

I was reading news during the weekend regarding Angela Merkel and her opinions about the virus and how all this will develope towards the end of summer. Now THAT dont look too good. Will any rider be allowed to leave their country let alone enter Finland in August? What about quarantees?

So your question... I have bugger all idea about the chances of it going ahead, sorry.

That is an important question about riders allowed to leave their country. The health minister has stated there won’t be any normal Summe holidays. They have finished bringing people back from other countries and they don’t want to have to do it all over again. But of course riders are doing a job rather than going on holiday. So will they be ok or not ? But I think France is more relaxed on that even though they have been hit harder ? 

12 hours ago, iris123 said:

That is an important question about riders allowed to leave their country. The health minister has stated there won’t be any normal Summe holidays. They have finished bringing people back from other countries and they don’t want to have to do it all over again. But of course riders are doing a job rather than going on holiday. So will they be ok or not ? But I think France is more relaxed on that even though they have been hit harder ? 

Been told today that France has cancelled tourist season and Spain is waited to do the same. Germany might do something about that and so on...

Also Sweden is an interesting place at the moment, I'd say they've closed their borders and kept the party going resulting way higher amount of deaths than we have. Not that it affects the Forssa meeting in any other way, but how would riders come here with ferries closed for tourists? U drive through the covid mad Sweden up to Haaparanta and back down? Through Germany and Baltic via St Petersburg and Russia? Not really sure how it can be done? And then possibly be quaranteened here for 14 days before the meeting and in your home country when going back for another 14 days... And all the info I've posted might be outdated in 2 hrs if China is back in trouble and they bother letting us know...

So actually in my own opinion, cant see Forssa going ahead.

Varkaus has recently cancelled the U21 EC semi. Think they went public with it with the wrong reasons, but still the best option was to cancel it now. We are in talks of having at least some of the speedway season even with the 500 limit, since that's not a problem crowd wise in Finland. Also since everything else is not happening, we might get some publicity.

• Like 1