British Speedway Forum

France banned all sports until September.....

One of the bosses at Dortmund saying that Germany should show the rest the way and how great they are, by............letting the Bundesliga start up again :rofl:

On 4/28/2020 at 11:24 AM, f-s-p said:

Been told today that France has cancelled tourist season and Spain is waited to do the same. Germany might do something about that and so on...

Also Sweden is an interesting place at the moment, I'd say they've closed their borders and kept the party going resulting way higher amount of deaths than we have. Not that it affects the Forssa meeting in any other way, but how would riders come here with ferries closed for tourists? U drive through the covid mad Sweden up to Haaparanta and back down? Through Germany and Baltic via St Petersburg and Russia? Not really sure how it can be done? And then possibly be quaranteened here for 14 days before the meeting and in your home country when going back for another 14 days... And all the info I've posted might be outdated in 2 hrs if China is back in trouble and they bother letting us know...

So actually in my own opinion, cant see Forssa going ahead.

Varkaus has recently cancelled the U21 EC semi. Think they went public with it with the wrong reasons, but still the best option was to cancel it now. We are in talks of having at least some of the speedway season even with the 500 limit, since that's not a problem crowd wise in Finland. Also since everything else is not happening, we might get some publicity.

New rulings tonight with some more detailed interpretations still in the waiting, but sports can go ahead with no crowd from June 1st and gatherings are allowed to up to 50 people.

Wondering about the max 500 rule until the end of July as its still on, but we’ll get told tomorrow.

My suggestion of a big screen in the car park, taken from the Danish football club, seems to be the basis for a few ideas for events lately here. One or two concerts and a disco, with the crowd sitting in their cars. Could be, as I said a way for one or two speedway events to go ahead. But it seems, at least from Norden, that they are still waiting for the go ahead to even start speedway practice sessions. Think the decision is awaited today, which would be a first step. Training started in Denmark, I know. Maybe even open the border between Germany and Denmark this month....

https://www.hna.de/welt/corona-coronavirus-freizeit-auto-disco-konzert-niedersachsen-zr-13747485.html

Edited by iris123

Hamburg seem to have given the green light to individual sport like cycling , horse jumping/ racing or tennis as long as the distance is kept. Team sports still not allowed and no mention of spectators

Bit of trouble with the football. Hertha player Kalou live-streamed a video in the changing rooms of the players shaking hands and not keeping to the strict rules laid out. Just as the Bundesliga are hoping to get the go ahead to start...,. Suspended !!

Edited by iris123

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Hamburg seem to have given the green light to individual sport like cycling , horse jumping/ racing or tennis as long as the distance is kept. Team sports still not allowed and no mention of spectators

Horse racing is the only "sport" I see going ahead with no spectators in Finland. And thats only because of betting. Not sure even about that.

Bundesliga given the go-ahead, but behind closed doors. Speedway practice can also start, but I think only for club members and nobody else allowed as spectators.... 

We get a press release from SML yesterday saying that after mondays new regulations, all Finnish sport federations together with the Olympic Committee are seeking answers with the goverment on how to start sports again. I had info this would take days to sort out.

Took about 3 hrs for our football and baseball to give a starting date for their leagues...

Morning news now full again about the second wave of covid-19 ...

• Like 1

Causing some discussion here as to why football can start up, but not schools or restaurants....

Our football league is now facing a new problem, as they thought a mass gathering of 500 people means they can take 500 people in a match to several blocks in the stadium so the crowd could grow up to 2k or more...

And now the goverment announced that a footie match is A ONE event, so max 500... :lol:

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Our football league is now facing a new problem, as they thought a mass gathering of 500 people means they can take 500 people in a match to several blocks in the stadium so the crowd could grow up to 2k or more...

And now the goverment announced that a footie match is A ONE event, so max 500... :lol:

They could hire a few fields, show the match on a big screen to 500 in one area, 500 in another......

M-V one of the hot beds of speedway and with a long track at Parchim as well are allowing events with a limit of 150 people outdoors take place in a few weeks. So not much help for Güstrow, Teterow and Stralsund....

Could mean the new planned track in Neubrandenburg can do their noise tests though 

But already one or two areas have seen a rise in cases and calls to clamp things down again, locally....

Edited by iris123

Updated FIM calendar:

08.08 - Final 1 - Forssa
05.09 - Final 2 - Morizes
20.09 - Challenge - Roden
26.09 - Final 3 - Rzeszow

Updated FIM Europe calendar:

01.08 - Solo Quali - Tayac
16.08 - Solo Final - Leamington Spa
06.09 - Sidecar Final - Pfarrkirchen

34 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Updated FIM calendar:

08.08 - Final 1 - Forssa
05.09 - Final 2 - Morizes
20.09 - Challenge - Roden
26.09 - Final 3 - Rzeszow

Updated FIM Europe calendar:

01.08 - Solo Quali - Tayac
16.08 - Solo Final - Leamington Spa
06.09 - Sidecar Final - Pfarrkirchen

I’m friends with the organizers of Forssa, but I’m commenting on this as an outsider, and to my knowledge we have the 500 crowd restriction until the end of July. In Finland the next set of new guidelines will be set next week and they are always valid for 30 days. So the guidelines that the promoters will work with are declared 5-4 weeks before the meeting. It’s all a bit iffy and so-so. I would have pulled the plug already, they havent.

Rumours from our parlament suggest that new quidelines for mass gatherings are announced next week. This would enable crowds bigger than 500 and most likely would be effective from July 1st, when footie is supposed to start.

My personal feeling is they will be slow to open things up here, after a few incidents where around 100 people have been infected including church gatherings and one or two Muslim festivals to end Ramadan. They start having 1000 people at a sporting event we will probably have hundreds infected and end up back where we started months ago