British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Sheffield KOC 28/5/19@19-30

Hopefully we get the chance to finish the job now , after securing a wonderful draw in Yorkshire a couple of weeks ago . 

Connor Coles continues to guest at number 6 as new signing,  Connor Bailey , is waiting on his machinery arriving from down under . 

Sheffield should be at full strength so we cant afford to be complacent as there are one or two in their side who enjoy it round Ashfield . 

The Sheffield fan's new favourite Scottish referee will once again preside over the action in what should be another entertaining encounter at the premier Scottish venue . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

After 2 superb away performances at the tricky technical tracks the boys should be glad to get back to Ashfield. Rasmus did no bad riding at Swindon last night and he and Claus have both qualified for the Danish final. Any sort of win for us will see us into the next round. As paulco says Sheffield have guys that go well around our track so let's pray we get the result we want and that all riders stay safe. Hopefully a good crowd will turn up for what should be a cracking match. 

A guest for a "kid" without a bike surely the money men can afford a bike or are times getting hard.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Hopefully a good crowd will turn up for what should be a cracking match. 

Think we all do but cant see it with a rare off night.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

A guest for a "kid" without a bike surely the money men can afford a bike or are times getting hard.

The guest is for Luke, as you well know. Being in the know can you tell me how the stadium works are doing at Workington hope they don't interfere with the comets plans to return next year. The sport can't afford to lose fans like you 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

The guest is for Luke, as you well know. Being in the know can you tell me how the stadium works are doing at Workington hope they don't interfere with the comets plans to return next year. The sport can't afford to lose fans like you 

The  sport wont lose fans like me been going nearly 50 yrs as for derwent park cant see us going there again, it was paulco on here who mentioned the guest situation and he's never wrong! Will make a trip up to glasgow this season aftet all u never know when it could end .

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The  sport wont lose fans like me been going nearly 50 yrs as for derwent park cant see us going there again, it was paulco on here who mentioned the guest situation and he's never wrong! Will make a trip up to glasgow this season aftet all u never know when it could end .

Sorry , yes his machinery hasn't arrived yet , so he hasn't been declared I'm our septet . So therefore the guest is for Chessel 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

sgb championship thread (derwent park ) page 16/17 or so tells you whats happening , with pics ..

Edited by jenga
i got a brand new combine ......

It will be interesting to see if our riding order switch will strengthen or weaken us tonight. Kasper s been struggling so to pair him with a reserve is strange !!  

Another decent meeting at the Field of Dreams, despite the scoreline. Starkey returned to form, Jensen was awesome and Bickley chucked in some good points against arguably the strongest reserves in the league. Broc Nicol was superb when he gated and looks a thoroughly decent prospect, fast and stylish. King Danny started well but faded as he usually does and Howarth was solid but unspectacular. Not much you can say about the rest.

So its onward to the next round, hopefully we can get the Scunthorpe rain off rearranged for the next few weeks as otherwise we only have 2 home meetings from now until the end of June.

• Like 1

Had to laugh a wee bit when Zaine Kennedy (who earlier had said there was no reason they couldn't turn the Glasgow result at Sheffield around) throttled off in anger when Kyle Bickley beat him, only to allow Paul Starke across the line in front of him......lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MD said:

Another decent meeting at the Field of Dreams, despite the scoreline. Starkey returned to form, Jensen was awesome and Bickley chucked in some good points against arguably the strongest reserves in the league. Broc Nicol was superb when he gated and looks a thoroughly decent prospect, fast and stylish. King Danny started well but faded as he usually does and Howarth was solid but unspectacular. Not much you can say about the rest.

So its onward to the next round, hopefully we can get the Scunthorpe rain off rearranged for the next few weeks as otherwise we only have 2 home meetings from now until the end of June.

Echo that , I enjoyed the meeting , there were some decent races , especially 13 and 14 . I had my doubts about the Jensen signing in the winter , but I've been proved wrong , he was awesome again tonight . All in all that was a strong team performance against a decent outfit .

• Like 2

Decent meeting some good heats, a lot of effort from both Teams.Disappointing from Kemp after seeing him there last season thought he would have been in the mix for points.

8 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

It will be interesting to see if our riding order switch will strengthen or weaken us tonight. Kasper s been struggling so to pair him with a reserve is strange !!  

It backfired a bit , your reserves were good , Andersen wasn't 

5 minutes ago, Paulco said:

It backfired a bit , your reserves were good , Andersen wasn't 

It definitely backfired,Procter and Howarth were in each other’s way most of the time.Kemp stuffed up Nicol in Ht8 things were still tight up to that point.