British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Sheffield KOC 28/5/19@19-30

Proctor hasn't really clicked for Sheffield , looked good last year in that all conquering Workington side , but tonight it was back to previous year's Ashfield visits . Yes there was one or two instances tonight where Sheffield riders got in each other's way a bit . 

Echo MD's comments. Really entertaining night and slickly run. Managed track grading and watering plus kids race and other giveaways and interviews in around 95 minutes. Young Connor Bailey was there and got a great reception from the crowd. Just wish we had another home match this weekend. 

11 hours ago, Paulco said:

Proctor hasn't really clicked for Sheffield , looked good last year in that all conquering Workington side , but tonight it was back to previous year's Ashfield visits . Yes there was one or two instances tonight where Sheffield riders got in each other's way a bit . 

He wasn't that great when he rode for us before, but I didn't really have any objection with him as a third heat leader for this year.  Unfortunately Kyle Howarth has been a bit hit and miss so far this season, as well.  If they could all click in the same meeting it would be great. 

Edited by Tigerblade

Sheffield look like they need another set of averages to find a better balance. Kemp looks like he needs a go at reserve whereas Nicol looks like he could hold his own at 2. Anderson would be better placed at 3.

I think we need a new set of riders, not a new set of averages. 

A couple of them look like their heart isn't in it.

Cook is a better number 1 than King and that was always going to be the case, but Kyle Bickley outscoring Kemp is not something I expected to see and Drew has, apart from the odd ride, has been a disappointment so far.

The big difference for me is the comparison between Rasmus Jensen and Proctor. One looks an inspired signing, the other looks like it's turning into a disaster.

As per the Speedway GB website....

Drew currently has a 2019 home average of 6.67, and an away one of 4.21, giving him an overall 5.50 average.  This puts him 4th overall in the Tigers' averages. 

He was assessed at 2.00 at the start of the season, so at the moment he's trebling that at home, and doubling it away.  So I'm at a loss as to how he's been a disappointment so far, especially when he's been second string for over half his meetings, and not reserve.  Even his family think it's too soon for him to be second string just now.  

Surprisingly, our highest averaging away rider so far, also based on 2019 only, is Ty Proctor!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tigerowl said:

I think we need a new set of riders, not a new set of averages. 

A couple of them look like their heart isn't in it.

Cook is a better number 1 than King and that was always going to be the case, but Kyle Bickley outscoring Kemp is not something I expected to see and Drew has, apart from the odd ride, has been a disappointment so far.

The big difference for me is the comparison between Rasmus Jensen and Proctor. One looks an inspired signing, the other looks like it's turning into a disaster.

1 hour ago, Tigerblade said:

As per the Speedway GB website....

Drew currently has a 2019 home average of 6.67, and an away one of 4.21, giving him an overall 5.50 average.  This puts him 4th overall in the Tigers' averages. 

He was assessed at 2.00 at the start of the season, so at the moment he's trebling that at home, and doubling it away.  So I'm at a loss as to how he's been a disappointment so far, especially when he's been second string for over half his meetings, and not reserve.  Even his family think it's too soon for him to be second string just now.  

Surprisingly, our highest averaging away rider so far, also based on 2019 only, is Ty Proctor!!

a few great names in there from the 3 times 2018 champions . wuckington cornets .:drink:

give your riders a chance . or as ian thomas used to say , if you dont like it , dont come .:nono:

Disapponted that Cookie has dropped a point at home, had to happen sometime, I suppose. Really pleased that Rasmus got his first maximum and Kyle is really getting to grips with the Ashfield track. Starke back to form is very welcome. Sheffield are not a bad side, just a bit inconsistent.Drew Kemp got 9 points last time he was at Ashfield , it will take time for him to get some consistency. When all the Glasgow boys fire at the sametime, some team is going to get a beating. Despite the scoreline , there was some cracking racing, heat 14 in particular, you could have thrown a blanket over all 4 riders for full 4 laps.

2 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Disapponted that Cookie has dropped a point at home, had to happen sometime, I suppose. Really pleased that Rasmus got his first maximum and Kyle is really getting to grips with the Ashfield track. Starke back to form is very welcome. Sheffield are not a bad side, just a bit inconsistent.Drew Kemp got 9 points last time he was at Ashfield , it will take time for him to get some consistency. When all the Glasgow boys fire at the sametime, some team is going to get a beating. Despite the scoreline , there was some cracking racing, heat 14 in particular, you could have thrown a blanket over all 4 riders for full 4 laps.

Think what you saw last night will be as good as it gets from that Tigers team, Sarjeant might go to reserve ,but Bickley will be in main body.Vissing is as good as he gets ,usually tapers off. Starke can be up and down.(good team though).

• Confused 1