British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Peterborough Premiership Thursday May 30th

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Please come back when you know what your talking about ....

Coming from you that's hilarious. Pretty sure Klindt would have got a lot more than three!! :rofl:

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Poole not missing Brady 5 from 2 rides 

Holder, Worrall and Covatti not doing good enough as home riders 

There are you? 

Edit - Holder and Worrall performances better than their scores as there was a fair bit of passing and repassing  tonight if you were there you would know that! 

Edited by lisa-colette

7 minutes ago, Lurcher said:

did not think he had been riding in Poland this week

Practice maybe? 

Right,,,, where are the usual suspects,,, I need help falling asleep. 

Any win at Poole is a good win,, well done the Panthers

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole look stronger? You must be on a windup. Opportunity here for Peterborough they would never have had if Poole were with their 1-7.

Like I said an opportunity for Peterborough which they took due to inept guests and r/r for Brady picking up 7 points.

Congrats to Panthers on their win. They took advantage of the situation that was presented to them.

Ellis. Why on earth did he take the booking when on Monday he said the track was dangerous and a rubbishe hole? Terrible effort. 3 points. Klindt has never scored so lowly. I know riders want to earn but if he was so critical of the track three days earlier he should have turned the booking down.

Starke battled for paid four and although it’s less than Busk would probably have scored at least he tried. Can’t criticise the effort he put in.

Brady was of course irreplaceable. 7 points scored half of what Brady would probably have picked up. Those are the breaks and Panthers were right time right place.

Decent crowd tonight. Racing was good after the first 5-6 heats, with lots of passing. No dust at all and although the bumps were present it didn’t affect he riders. Only fall was first bend bunching. Poole beaten time and again out of the tapes. Seems to happen every week.

Ref wanted to make a name for himself. If riders were not absolutely read at the tapes when the clock hit zero he excluded. Nicholls was first to go. Harsh I thought. Then a few heats later Covatti got the same treatment as he was a bike length back from the tapes rolling forward when the clock hit zero. Red light and out. So he was consistent.

We need to be able to put out our 1-7. We are dropping points through no fault of our own and it’s frustrating. Hopefully we will be back to full strength next week, though I won’t be there or the meeting the following week, so no reports from me!

Well done Peterborough! Just loving this team after I saw them ride on Bank Holiday Monday at their home track. (Possibly one of the best tracks in this division). Good to see Hans at his best.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Practice maybe? 

I think he rode for Lodz last weekend.  If it's the meeting I'm thinking of all 4 riders, including Tungate, crashed and fell  on the first bend of heat 1. He continued after that and completed the meeting but maybe he's suffering the after affects of that crash.

Edited by Aces51

25 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

How was the track? Assuming it was better than Monday as we lost ;)

Track was much better. Still bumpy but no dust. Watered properly. No fallers except first bend bunching. Good racing from about heat 6. 

As for Tungate. He usually musters about 4-6 at Poole. Think r/r brought them 9. Worth having him not turn up!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I think he ride for Lodz last weekend.  If it's the meeting I'm thinking of all 4 riders, including Tungate, crashed and fell  on the first bend of heat 1. He continued after that and completed the meeting but maybe he's suffering the after affects of that crash.

That match was the day before the Peterborough v Lynn match on Monday !!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Like I said an opportunity for Peterborough which they took due to inept guests and r/r for Brady picking up 7 points.

Congrats to Panthers on their win. They took advantage of the situation that was presented to them.

Ellis. Why on earth did he take the booking when on Monday he said the track was dangerous and a rubbishe hole? Terrible effort. 3 points. Klindt has never scored so lowly. I know riders want to earn but if he was so critical of the track three days earlier he should have turned the booking down.

Starke battled for paid four and although it’s less than Busk would probably have scored at least he tried. Can’t criticise the effort he put in.

Brady was of course irreplaceable. 7 points scored half of what Brady would probably have picked up. Those are the breaks and Panthers were right time right place.

Decent crowd tonight. Racing was good after the first 5-6 heats, with lots of passing. No dust at all and although the bumps were present it didn’t affect he riders. Only fall was first bend bunching. Poole beaten time and again out of the tapes. Seems to happen every week.

Ref wanted to make a name for himself. If riders were not absolutely read at the tapes when the clock hit zero he excluded. Nicholls was first to go. Harsh I thought. Then a few heats later Covatti got the same treatment as he was a bike length back from the tapes rolling forward when the clock hit zero. Red light and out. So he was consistent.

We need to be able to put out our 1-7. We are dropping points through no fault of our own and it’s frustrating. Hopefully we will be back to full strength next week, though I won’t be there or the meeting the following week, so no reports from me!

Why did they ask him after his comments :rolleyes:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Cos he got 11 on Mon! Duh. Chris Holder and Darcy Ward hated the old BV track but always got double figures there. 

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Perhaps they weren’t aware of his comments. Pulled up in his first after 2 laps, ran a poor last in his next, then was replaced before managing a win. Then ran a poor last. 

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

That match was the day before the Peterborough v Lynn match on Monday !!!!

That doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't now suffering the affects of that crash in Poland but he rode well on Monday so seems unlikely. Maybe he is just unwell. It happens. 

Well done P’boro, starting to look like a decent side with further strengthening potentially to come. 

• Like 1

So the usual troll moaning about Ellis taking the guest booking.... who were the idiots that asked him in the first place..... crazy management to book at rider who three days earlier was highly critical of the track 

Have to blame the Poole promotion for booking him

Isnt it funny how tonight Peterborough took advantage of a weakened Poole ( which I agree with) yet on Monday , it wasn’t Poole taking advantage of a weak Swindon side it was a case of Poole riders wanting it more and Swindon overriding 

So I guess tonight the Peterborough boys wanted it more than the Poole riders 

The league is shaping up nicely .... 3 teams looking good for the top 4 at the moment in Ipswich , Belle Vue and Peterborough.... and I would say possibly Wolves look good for 4th but with Lynn strengthening them they could climb..... could Buster have 3 out of 4 in the play offs...

• Like 3