British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Peterborough Premiership Thursday May 30th

18 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Okay okay,, I know shovvy gets lots of stick,,, but time to give him some credit,,, the only Poole fan to congratulate the panthers on their win.    

Yes, sounds like there was a fair bit of good racing tonight, which takes two teams. Especially when one isn't busy whining. 

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Hey, I’m no fan of the situation but it was that or no top division. My point was at the irony of all three potentially getting to the last four when almost everybody predicted they would finish 5th, 6th & 7th. Which of course they may do! 

As long as it's Ipswich who miss out..

16 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Then exactly what does he do as team manager ? 

Team manage.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

If you were winning matches with the ‘real’ Poole 1-7 then maybe so

But you weren’t 

A good fight back at Belle Vue maybe 

Home and away wins over a depleted Swindon the only highlight and that wasn’t with the 1-7

Pooles 1-7 will struggle to be top 4

Havn't you got a team to support ? Because it strikes me you  live and die on the Poole thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Havn't you got a team to support ? Because it strikes me you  live and die on the Poole thread.

My team haven’t ridden for a while so I’m commenting on other matches if that’s ok with you 

Its fun looking down on Poole when we were told we were going to be bottom 

45 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Richie made a few good starts tonight. Sure you were there?

Trust me he had 2 when everyone else was in the first bend by the time he got going. 

Overall Peterborough deserved victory better all round team on the night,josh and noddy jnr only riders to do anything of note tonight both riders using outside line as was clearly the best way to ride the crap track again,holes in bend 1 are getting ridiculous plus the lack of watering nothing the whole meeting almost a dust bowl absolutley shocking,we get told it will be getting sorted but if they cant even water it what hope have we got getting the holes sorted arghhh!!

Noddy jnr bit naughty in ht15,and rightfully nicholls putting him in his place,was really impressed with wilson-dean though looked really fast along with wright. 

Edited by Paddy The Rebel
Spelling error

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

My team haven’t ridden for a while so I’m commenting on other matches if that’s ok with you 

Its fun looking down on Poole when we were told we were going to be bottom 

Still time for that yet! Wouldn't get too cocky about it. We went from bottom to winning the league last year, no reason for someone to do the opposite. :D

10 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Overall Peterborough deserved victory better all round team on the night,josh and noddy jnr only riders to do anything of note tonight both riders using outside line as was clearly the best way to ride the crap track again,holes in bend 1 are getting ridiculous plus the lack of watering nothing the whole meeting almost a dust bowl absolutley shocking,we get told it will be getting sorted but if they cant even water it what hope have we got getting the holes sorted arghhh!!

Noddy jnr bit naughty in ht15,and rightfully nicholls putting him in his place,was really impressed with wilson-dean though looked really fast along with wright. 

I think after the other day they where scared to water it to much. One of Poole's troubles, apart from the pot holes is  they don't have enough shale. So once it gets dusty , I dunno 6 or 7 heats (I wasn't there) you can't put much water down because  it will make the base like an ice rink.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Still time for that yet! Wouldn't get too cocky about it. We went from bottom to winning the league last year, no reason for someone to do the opposite. :D

So did the Stars, Where bottom and toped the table by 6 points. Don't write us off for a play off spot:P

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

So did the Stars, Where bottom and toped the table by 6 points. Don't write us off for a play off spot:P

My dad said at the start of the season, who are the favourites this year? KL? See if he's right in time! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

My dad said at the start of the season, who are the favourites this year? KL? See if he's right in time! 

He was brave. Hope he's right :wink:

7 hours ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

the track did get dusty as the meeting went .don't see ss saying no dust tonight .but you got to admit the racing was a lot better. no meeting for 2 weeks may give them some time to do something with the track we shall see 

Special mention for the Panthers race suits they look a professional team !   Its how it should be done.

• Like 7

According to Peterborough Tungate has struggled for fitness in recent meetings so was ruled out. So he didn't fancy it and Peterborough knew they would be better off without him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1