British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Peterborough Premiership Thursday May 30th

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A bit late to the thread this morning but can't really add too much, other than why all this KL stuff on the Pirates v Panthers thread?

Good meeting last night and well done to the Panthers who thoroughly deserved the win as they attacked  the track much better  than the Robins on Monday.

Track was better although still needs work, which I'm told is scheduled for the 2 week break before the next Cup fixture (interesting reading the 2 articles in the Speedy Star this week by MF and Middlo!!).

More importantly for the speedway purists, there was some superb racing last night with overtaking, undertaking and (I think) only 2 falls - Starke and K,Anderson - the latter being way out of his depth!!.

A couple of very strange 2 minute disqualifications by the ref - Ronnie Allen - one for each side, Nicholls and Covatti, both of which got the grandstand on their feet?!

Nothing further to say about the Pirate guests other than it was Ellis or King? I think after Monday most would have rightly gone with Adam, but hey ho some you win some you don't.

A final well done to Jack, Josh, Hans and BWD for making it a super exciting meeting.

Lets hope the track works don't play too much into KL's hands on 13th?!

I thought bwd in his first couple rides looked like he was hanging on like grim death entertaining or what. best meeting this season by far and panthers deserved there win

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

KL are already a very different team, with the addition of Cook and soon Riss will be back. If they can't get into the top four ( of a pitiful seven ) with that team then I will be stunned.

speak for your team nothing pitiful about b/vue's team !!

1 hour ago, one of clubs said:

It seems like Adam Ellis was on a Troy Batchelor esque guarantee from someone:cheers:

Yes and I wonder who that could be?? :rolleyes: Maybe people who also don't like Cook? 

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

I thought bwd in his first couple rides looked like he was hanging on like grim death entertaining or what. best meeting this season by far and panthers deserved there win

Yes maybe Doyle could learn from BWD and instead of moaning, get on with it and attack the track. Sounds like Peterborough did that from the off last night. Hans said it started off bumpy and was a lot better in the second half for racing. 

39 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

speak for your team nothing pitiful about b/vue's team !!

He obviously means it’s pitiful to only have seven teams in the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

A bit late to the thread this morning but can't really add too much, other than why all this KL stuff on the Pirates v Panthers thread?

You’ve been knocking around this forum long enough now to understand how some threads naturally go off in various directions. If you really need to see why I’d suggest reading back through the thread carefully. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes maybe Doyle could learn from BWD and instead of moaning, get on with it and attack the track. Sounds like Peterborough did that from the off last night. Hans said it started off bumpy and was a lot better in the second half for racing. 

What????!!! But for coming off in his tac sub ride he remained unbeaten but quite rightly spoke out against poor track preparation after the event.....with all respect it needs riders like that to air there views but as much as he and TB moaned at least they still led from the front best they could, could understand your comment if they pratted around at the back , as for the evening meeting instead of just moaning about the hole in turn one he tried to do something about it!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ray c said:

That's Bradley's style brilliant to watch irrespective of where he's riding 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe BWD could have ridden on Monday and he could make his own mind up - at least that would be comparing apples with apples rather than feed your fantasies! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

For a minute I thought that Starman had hacked your account. :o

15 hours ago, Gavan said:

My team haven’t ridden for a while so I’m commenting on other matches if that’s ok with you 

Its fun looking down on Poole when we were told we were going to be bottom 

It's only May Gavan, stop getting so excited 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes and I wonder who that could be?? :rolleyes: Maybe people who also don't like Cook? 

God there’s some dicks on this thread. He had a bad night and it ended up costing him a lot of money. 

Dont let the facts get in the way of drivel though eh ? 

Carry on as you were. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just watched the video on the BSPA website.......what has happened to the track? Bumpy and dusty, very poor for the Manchester United of speedway loool. Why is cry baby Holder kicking out at other riders? Should be banned!

55 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Just watched the video on the BSPA website.......what has happened to the track? Bumpy and dusty, very poor for the Manchester United of speedway loool. Why is cry baby Holder kicking out at other riders? Should be banned!

Rather not be called the crappiest team in Manchester thanks!  Holder is no cry baby, it was Nicholls who was crying!

• Like 1