British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Peterborough Premiership Thursday May 30th

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Good knowledge. :rolleyes:  Welcome back Adam - more of the same as Monday please.

Yeah wouldn't bank on it!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah wouldn't bank on it!

Well he should know where any of the infamous ruts, holes, wavey bits or deep stuff are?!!;)  (Although I didn't think there was any deep stuff on the Poole track at all.)

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Good work, I don't where you get your info but must be a good source.

Maybe he has contacts with the Programme Contributors or the printers?;)

Theres a second half for Thursday with Weymouth Wildcats v Carmarthen Dragons in the Southern Development League - no extra charge!!

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

No it doesn't big chance for Peterborough, just wait for Gavan to come on and say we are stronger!

Nope quite clearly you aren’t as R/R for Brady makes you weaker .... Ellis and Starke like for like

You must know by now the rules of Shovlar regarding guests 

Poole comfortably by 10

Interesting read this I thought as not many riders talk about how they are feeling when things aren't going to plan.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17669630.pirates-star-richie-worrall-opens-up-about-his-recent-sgb-premiership-form/?ref=twtrec

Now Gavan, Richie said he needed to talk to someone, can't believe you let him down!:o;) (Although you prob would have made it a lot worse!)

Regards to this meeting, we should win but is Josh Bates definitely not riding?

Edited by lisa-colette

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting read this I thought as not many riders talk about how they are feeling when things aren't going to plan.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17669630.pirates-star-richie-worrall-opens-up-about-his-recent-sgb-premiership-form/?ref=twtrec

Now Gavan, Richie said he needed to talk to someone, can't believe you let him down!:o;) (Although you prob would have made it a lot worse!)

surely you would be better talking to Richie you being a poole supporter not fair on gavan coming all this way:D:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No Brady on Thursday. Not recovered. R/R. Ellis and Starke guest.

Peterborough every chance of getting a result with this extremely weak Poole lineup.

As for the track:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17670595.danny-ford-insists-poole-pirates-will-do-everything-we-can-to-improve-wimborne-road-track/

Why are you always so negative Steve? Guests are on a par. R/R I accept is weak but better than an injred Brady. Poole win.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Nope quite clearly you aren’t as R/R for Brady makes you weaker .... Ellis and Starke like for like

You must know by now the rules of Shovlar regarding guests 

Poole comfortably by 10

Disagree it could go either way, Ellis could score as many as Klindt but no way Starke will score what NBJ would . Where's Dimitri Berge?

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well he should know where any of the infamous ruts, holes, wavey bits or deep stuff are?!!;)  (Although I didn't think there was any deep stuff on the Poole track at all.)

True, he must know where they are and strangely taking a guest booking at a track he moaned about so much.

• Like 1

The article about the track doesn't sound to me like extensive remedial work is going to be done.  More like another attempt at a quick fix. 

I also don't understand this rubbish about blaming the early start time. Yes,  it is more difficult but Belle Vue started at the same time and had one of the most entertaining meetings of the season. It did get dusty towards the end but that didn't stop the brilliant racing and was down to not having watered as much before the meeting because of the forecast rain. 

52 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Why are you always so negative Steve? Guests are on a par. R/R I accept is weak but better than an injred Brady. Poole win.

He isnt negative

He is a troll

If Poole have guests they are weaker

If the other team have guests they are stronger

In this case Poole are slightly weaker without Brady

But as Shovlar says 'extremely weakened team' is absolute tosh

He does it so he can say if Poole win it was 'against the odds'...........and if they lose it is because of the weak guests

The thing is everyone on the forum is bored of him now and he is laughed at and not taken seriously

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So he was struggling

He talked to the promoter

Then he talked to a team mate

Where was the team manager? Different people respond in different ways....some need an arm round the shoulder and some need a kick up the arse......why didnt Middlo help? Why did Richie not go to his manager?

36 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

The article about the track doesn't sound to me like extensive remedial work is going to be done.  More like another attempt at a quick fix. 

I also don't understand this rubbish about blaming the early start time. Yes,  it is more difficult but Belle Vue started at the same time and had one of the most entertaining meetings of the season. It did get dusty towards the end but that didn't stop the brilliant racing and was down to not having watered as much before the meeting because of the forecast rain. 

There’s no denying that the BV track is the best in the league. Easy to heap praise on a good new track. But we all remember the cess pit next door which often produced diabolical racing. 

There’s no doubt the track will be better tomorrow night. For starters the track staff won’t have the mid day meeting issues of warm sun and wind which causes the dust. 

I do know the promotion are trying to fix the track issues. How long it will take to source everything is anyones guess. 

I think I would have preferred a guest for brady and r/r for klindt  but then jack would not have got an extra ride cant win either way .I reckon peterborough must fancy there chances tomorrow night to be honest kasper Andersen for bates

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1