British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Peterborough Premiership Thursday May 30th

35 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So he was struggling

He talked to the promoter

Then he talked to a team mate

Where was the team manager? Different people respond in different ways....some need an arm round the shoulder and some need a kick up the arse......why didnt Middlo help? Why did Richie not go to his manager?

He may have talked to a lot of people including Middlo. It was a nice surprise how he has performed in his last two meetings but I have said to fellow fans over and over that I couldn't understand his form in the Premiership compared to his form in the Champioship, I know it is a stronger league but to score 13 in the Championship then zero in the Premiership takes some believing. At Peterborough you could tell he was trying really hard but it just wasn't working but I am very glad for him and the team he seemingly has turned it round.

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think I would have preferred a guest for brady and r/r for klindt  but then jack would not have got an extra ride cant win either way .I reckon peterborough must fancy there chances tomorrow night to be honest kasper Andersen for bates

Would have thought a Berge or Jensen would have fit the bill.Maybe they coulnd't get them.Kasper done ok on his visit there this season though.

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Would have thought a Berge or Jensen would have fit the bill.Maybe they coulnd't get them.Kasper done ok on his visit there this season though.

Yeah I would have thought Berge but Jensen is too high an average, Starke has ridden well at Poole in the past but he isn't in the form of his life so not confident .

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah I would have thought Berge but Jensen is too high an average, Starke has ridden well at Poole in the past but he isn't in the form of his life so not confident .

Jensen 4.51,Bates 4.61,thats what i see on the BSPA website.

Just now, tellboy said:

Jensen 4.51,Bates 4.61,thats what i see on the BSPA website.

I was thinking from a Poole perspective. Didn't read it through properly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s no denying that the BV track is the best in the league. Easy to heap praise on a good new track. But we all remember the cess pit next door which often produced diabolical racing. 

There’s no doubt the track will be better tomorrow night. For starters the track staff won’t have the mid day meeting issues of warm sun and wind which causes the dust. 

I do know the promotion are trying to fix the track issues. How long it will take to source everything is anyones guess. 

didn't have any issues of riders not wanting to ride because it was unsafe tho !! just because they couldn't ride was the excuse !! ask the 3 times world champ if was a cess pit !! that's crumpie if you didn't know !! yes the stadium was past it sell by date but it had been there since 1928 !! where the first speedway meeting was held before the move to hyde road !! how do poole still get away with wooden stand & seats ? health & safety issue after the bradford fire of 1985 !! enough said !!

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

didn't have any issues of riders not wanting to ride because it was unsafe tho !! just because they couldn't ride was the excuse !! ask the 3 times world champ if was a cess pit !! that's crumpie if you didn't know !! yes the stadium was past it sell by date but it had been there since 1928 !! where the first speedway meeting was held before the move to hyde road !! how do poole still get away with wooden stand & seats ? health & safety issue after the bradford fire of 1985 !! enough said !!

Facilities not the responsibility of poole speedway 

6 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

how do poole still get away with wooden stand & seats

What wooden stand??  I'm pretty damm sure the stand is steel & concrete.

Edited by daz9100
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s no denying that the BV track is the best in the league. Easy to heap praise on a good new track. But we all remember the cess pit next door which often produced diabolical racing. 

There’s no doubt the track will be better tomorrow night. For starters the track staff won’t have the mid day meeting issues of warm sun and wind which causes the dust. 

I do know the promotion are trying to fix the track issues. How long it will take to source everything is anyones guess. 

The dog track certainly had its problems but it never produced the sort of racing we see at the NSS because of its size and shape.  Long straights and tight bends. Even in the last few years, when Colin Meredith was the curator and the track was well prepared, the quality of racing improved but gating was still paramount and passing at a premium unless riders made mistakes. The difference is that unlike the dog track, Poole is a track proven capable of providing good racing and only now prevented from doing so by allowing the track to get into its current state.

• Like 2

Panthers will win tomorrow. This Panthers team aren't just a speedway team. They're a group of assassins who sniff out weakness, and penetrate with scissor like precision.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Facilities not the responsibility of poole speedway 

so the facilities were not b/vue's responsibilty at kirky lane then !!

1 hour ago, daz9100 said:

What wooden stand??  I'm pretty damm sure the stand is steel & concrete.

not the grandstand !!

25 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

not the grandstand !!

The grandstand is constructed from  a steel framework, infilled with concrete seat plinths and brick walls. The only wood used is on the seat planks which are laid and fixed on concrete seat plinths. All hand rails and crowd control barriers are steel tubing.

Edited by Aviator
Clarity
  • Thanks 1