British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

So the top of the table clash is next Monday evening at Belle Vue

The 2 best sides this season take each other on, on a track that at least the riders know wont throw them into the fence at any given opportunity

Points important for both sides to keep teams like Wolves and a resurgent Peterborough from closing in

As an Ipswich fan id love to say we could get something ......but riders like Harris, Heeps , Lawson and KP havent done that well there in the past but on the plus side Danny and Bellego should go ok

No idea if Jake would be back...not really a reserve in the league that could replace him

I will say a comfortable 12 point win for the home side...............

I think with Jake we may just get a point,,, but without him we won't get jack.  Every meeting Ipswich seem to be involved in we carry a passenger or 2,,,so who will they be this time,, 

Im guessing we will find out how bad Jakes injury is if he is there or not,,, I'm surprised nothing has been said about it

Hopefully going to make the trip for this,,, although it's on TV that's what real fans do,,, so I've been told,, there should be a big Ipswich following there;)

I wonder if there will be an offer to get the punters in

Edited by Baldyman

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I think with Jake we may just get a point,,, but without him we won't get jack.  Every meeting Ipswich seem to be involved in we carry a passenger or 2,,,so who will they be this time,, 

Im guessing we will find out how bad Jakes injury is if he is there or not,,, I'm surprised nothing has been said about it

Hopefully going to make the trip for this,,, although it's on TV that's what real fans do,,, so I've been told,, there should be a big Ipswich following there;)

I wonder if there will be an offer to get the punters in

Be great to see a few away fans, of you are going I'd recommend going in the south stand its by far the best experience of the stadium.

One of the great Speedway fixtures of years gone by , Tiger , Shrimp, Billy the Kid , Cowboy Cook , Siggy etc

Lets hope its a cracker !   49 - 41 Aces    :)

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

reality check for witches i fear 55-35 ACES !!

Ipswich need Allen to be competitive as their strength is at reserve and middle order, their top end won’t be able to compete with Fricke & Bjerre.

• Like 1

do we have wells replacing berge at reserve this month ???

Fricke scored 6 at Foxhall with a zero from Bewley,,,,,,,, will both prob get full houses on Monday,, chuck double figures from Bjerre in there as well,, and it already looks like a major stuffing for the Witches,,,, and on top of that the aces still have plenty of points to also come from Berge and Worrall. Will the witches even manage to get 30

On 5/29/2019 at 8:13 AM, WestGorton1884 said:

Tiger , Shrimp, Billy the Kid , Cowboy Cook , Siggy etc

If their peak avatars are riding then, Hey it could be a hell of a battle on that track.

Interesting riding order of

Richard

Danny

Bomber

David

KP

Cam

Jake

Obviously hoping for a good start from Richard and Danny. If fully fit Jake and Cam will hopefully hold their own. KP with reserves maybe OK with Belle Vue track being more like the Polish ones that he's used to. 

I am however rather concerned over the Bomber/David pairing . One can't gate for toffees and the other has mostly been pretty awful this season. I just hope I'm wrong but to me this partnership has 5-1's against written all over it.

Maybe we could get something from the meeting but I doubt it.

Come on guys prove me wrong !! 

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

do we have wells replacing berge at reserve this month ???

On the official green sheets for June they still have Berge on his 4.00 average but been told think this is mistake and should be updated and Wells should be at reserve but we will have to see.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Interesting riding order of

Richard

Danny

Bomber

David

KP

Cam

Jake

Obviously hoping for a good start from Richard and Danny. If fully fit Jake and Cam will hopefully hold their own. KP with reserves maybe OK with Belle Vue track being more like the Polish ones that he's used to. 

I am however rather concerned over the Bomber/David pairing . One can't gate for toffees and the other has mostly been pretty awful this season. I just hope I'm wrong but to me this partnership has 5-1's against written all over it.

Maybe we could get something from the meeting but I doubt it.

Come on guys prove me wrong !! 

Hope they don't both want the same part of the track....

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Hope they don't both want the same part of the track....

Shouldn't be a problem badge,,,, ony one of them can have the bit at the back at one time. 

• Haha 2