British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

7 hours ago, acef said:

And again, an opportunity missed. Given the crowds we have had so far, and that it’s a tv fixture, this should be £10. I don’t understand why we don’t do it. There will be 1k if we are lucky. And the place will look empty on the tv.

Dont think it helps selling tickets in advance on line as it makes it impossible to drop the price at the drop of a hat !   People who had bought tickets way in advance would be up in arms if the price dropped on race day.   And if tickets were sold way in advance at £10. because it was on telly THEN  B.T.  changed there planned televised meeting the Aces would lose out so they`re a bit stuck with it.

Edited by Dornier fixer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dornier fixer said:

Dont think it helps selling tickets in advance on line as it makes it impossible to drop the price at the drop of a hat !   People who had bought tickets way in advance would be up in arms if the price dropped on race day.   And if tickets were sold way in advance at £10. because it was on telly THEN  B.T.  changed there planned televised meeting the Aces would lose out so they`re a bit stuck with it.

That scenario has happened on a multitude of occasions in other sports. The reality is a season ticket will generally save you money so take your chances.

Speedway can’t cater for the minority, it needs to go after the popular demand and if it pisses off a few ST holders because they’ve lost a buck, I’m afraid that is just the roll of the dice sometimes.

I believe that in American football the tv company showing the live match insist that the stadium is full. So on the day of the event free tickets will be given to passing "fans" so that the stadium looks good for tv and sponsors....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I believe that in American football the tv company showing the live match insist that the stadium is full. So on the day of the event free tickets will be given to passing "fans" so that the stadium looks good for tv and sponsors....

Personally I don't think you could give tickets away to most speedway meetings these days 

• Like 1

Ipswich riders king and Allen finished chap meeting all good,aces in for a home track lesson tonite, go the witches

• Haha 1

I thinking Ipswich will give the aces a good close meeting.

Maybe even a shock away win. Can’t wait to watch this one.

7 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Ipswich riders king and Allen finished chap meeting all good,aces in for a home track lesson tonite, go the witches

I know that is tongue in cheek but I expect Ipswich to reach 40, potentially in with a shout of a point. 

A strong middle order and reserves who are fire right now. Allen has had some good meetings and Bellego generally goes well here

It will be lost at the top of the team. I’d put my house on of Fricke or Bjerre, if not both, going through the card.

Fricke, bjerre and bewley to go through the card for me. 

I honestly can't see anything but a 24+ win  

If fricke bjerre and bewley ste hating this will be a no contest racing wise aswell. 

19 minutes ago, acef said:

I know that is tongue in cheek but I expect Ipswich to reach 40, potentially in with a shout of a point. 

A strong middle order and reserves who are fire right now. Allen has had some good meetings and Bellego generally goes well here

It will be lost at the top of the team. I’d put my house on of Fricke or Bjerre, if not both, going through the card.

U wish 

19 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

U wish 

Not really a wish, no. More a certainty of we are being honest. Ipswich have nothing to compete with those pair tonight.

I hope from a entertainment point of view that Fricke, Bjerre & Bewley don't have their gating gloves on as nobody in the Ipswich team will get close to them. There should be some good battles in the lower orders though.

Jake Allen at reserve is a bonus... he will be a real handful if he is fully fit.

I would not be surprised if it is a tough match provided the main body of the team ride well... Lawson , King , Harris and Bellego are all capable of getting good scores around the NSS.

satisfied with good racing and a win

Just now, Gunner85 said:

Jake Allen at reserve is a bonus... he will be a real handful if he is fully fit.

I would not be surprised if it is a tough match provided the main body of the team ride well... Lawson , King , Harris and Bellego are all capable of getting good scores around the NSS.

satisfied with good racing and a win

Chris and Richard are heatleaders though. Up against our top 3 they haven’t a hope.

Ipswich will score points tonight at reserve and in the middle order.

I think if we start well we will win comfortably if we don’t it will be close. I expect Ipswich to be stronger in the middle of the meeting which is something we have been susceptible to recently at home