British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

looks like wall to wall sunshine on the weather forecast today.  I wonder how this will impact track preparation, Manchester not being known for the stuff.

Its the only hope the Witches have got in my view, that the track is a bit different.

33 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I hope from a entertainment point of view that Fricke, Bjerre & Bewley don't have their gating gloves on as nobody in the Ipswich team will get close to them. There should be some good battles in the lower orders though.

I think most fans want the away team to have their gating gloves on so the home teams riders can give the fans some entertainment. Very rare now that riders make passes away from home. 

We ain't exactly blessed with the best gaters,,,,, it's going to be a one sided riot,,, played out in front of a few thousand armchair fans. 

3 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But how many real fans.....

Actually in the stadium, I’d say less than a thousand tonight.

Why we don’t promote at a discount for these meetings is beyond me. You have to give people an incentive to get of their ass when it’s on the tv. Even just dropping the grandstand to £15 entry would make an impact. 

And we run a loss we run a loss, we will be anyway, but at least the place will look half full and maybe entice people into coming in the future.

10 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But how many real fans.....

4,,,,,,ish,,,, I can't class myself as a real fan as I missed the home meeting on TV but I am travelling to this one.  Im looking forward to seeing what some real speedway looks like on a real speedway track

Edited by Baldyman

King isn’t great at NSS, he won British final in 2016 on a wet track and hasn’t done much since. Harris is poor at NSS which always surprises me for a racer, he has occasional good ride. Lawson is quite good but is usually a second string and will struggle at number 1. Bellego will do well but don’t think will trouble the BV heatleaders.

The more I think about this meeting being televised the more I've come to the conclusion that it's not going to be much of a spectacle for the viewers. 

The only way it's gonna be even remotely close is with every one of the Witches riders riding to 100%  of their capability and got superhuman gating gloves on.

Although we've made a good start to the season the above paragraph hasn't really happened yet, it's been our reserves mostly contributing to the victories. 

I hope we can at least keep the meeting interesting. 

I think tonight's meeting will show just how poor our side is once the reserves eventually move up,,,, 

Or the witches continue to prove everyone wrong, they’re continually being written off despite having already beaten every other team in the league...!? Stranger things have happened!

on paper for sure it’s going to be tough for us to get anything out of the meeting Belle Vue are very good at home but hey I guess I’m a glass half full guy so I’m still hopeful we can keep it close and take at least a point away

• Like 1

Bizarre thread this I’ve, you’ve got Aces fans in one corner showing almost over confidence and trumpeting that their heat leaders will all stroll to maximums and in the other Witches supporters saying their top of the league team aren’t they good and will get shown up :D 

I reckon something like 50-40 and hopefully some great action. 

As we all know,,, in sport anything can happen,,,,, just ask that boxing chap that lost the other night. 

It takes two teams to provide good racing and that applies to every track, so I hope the Aces win but the Witches put in a strong performance keep it close and we get some good entertainment.

People have written us off from the beginning, let them, and we will surprise a few more teams before this season is over. This is speedway and anything can happen, a few engine failures or falls can turn a match.