British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

Great racing...

Makes it doubly disappointing so little effort is made to promote it...

No point having a great product and no semblance of capability in the marketing of it..

A full Grandstand with plenty of Ippo fans in attendance and it would be one of those meetings lasting long in the memory of all who were there..

When will the penny drop do you think?

In fact. Maybe every meeting should have 50 tickets given away to the away team?

They are not there now so won't cost much in real terms..

Who knows, maybe the clubs could pay for the coach?

As if...:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Sad 1

Good meeting and a great effort from the Witches well worth their point. 

Great speedway meeting!

Ipswich unlucky with Harris damaging his bike? Couldve been a different result?

How annoying is that 'whiney' woman announcer???

• Like 2

Decent meeting, Witches lack of heat 13 & 15 firepwoer was always going to be their undoing.  Bewley having an off night and smart management by Hawkins putting King at #2 got Ipswich a deserved point.  Bellegp deserved his heat 15 outing, he looked the most likely to lower the colours of Bjerre or Fricke to me.

I did miss heats 9 & 10, so don't know what happened when Fricke was excluded & Harris' bike got damaged.

• Like 1

Really enjoyable meeting with some cracking racing. Ipswich fully deserved at least a point.

As a neutral I'd be perfectly happy if BT just showed Belle Vue home meetings - far more entertaining than just about any other track in the Premiership

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Problem for Ipswich is they didn’t have any proper firepower at the top end when it matters. That’s why they will fall short this season.

Good meeting though. Enjoyed it.

Bit like Poole's team then, but we have better reserves. Top 5 only ran two last places which will keep us in meetings until the end. You keep writing us off.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Problem for Ipswich is they didn’t have any proper firepower at the top end when it matters. That’s why they will fall short this season.

Good meeting though. Enjoyed it.

Absolute rubbish!!  They have riders who will beat the top boys at home and always keep things tight away from home!! 

Great effort yet again by Ipswich tonight - the team that everyone wrote off at the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

Bit like Poole's team then, but we have better reserves. Top 5 only ran two last places which will keep us in meetings until the end. You keep writing us off.

No. Not like Pooles team. Poole got a 3-3 in heat 13 and a 5-1 in heat 15. Ipswich don’t have that firepower. 

Ipswich are decent. Better than many predicted at the start of the season and might sneak the last playoff place.

Good result....a bit disappointing in the end but the way the team is built I guess heats 13 & 15 are going to be tough away from home. My only slight concern is KP especially riding at 5. But who else can?

9 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Great speedway meeting!

Ipswich unlucky with Harris damaging his bike? Couldve been a different result?

How annoying is that 'whiney' woman announcer???

In terms of the sport itself she's the most knowledgeable presenter we've had for years, if ever, man or woman.   

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As I said, Ipswich not got anything to beat Fricke and Bjerre. And the reason they will fail this year. Good race though.

Don’t agree. If we had bigger hitters up top we wouldn’t have the strength in reserve or the solid look from top to bottom. We’ve beaten teams comfortably this year with our top scorer not even hitting double figures. The team is built so that every rider from 1-7 score half decent points, which totals up to winning meetings, and being competitive in others. 

Belle Vue are a good side, especially at home obviously, but if this was a play off final I’d fancy our chances of finishing this off at Foxhall. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. Not like Pooles team. Poole got a 3-3 in heat 13 and a 5-1 in heat 15. Ipswich don’t have that firepower. 

Ipswich are decent. Better than many predicted at the start of the season and might sneak the last playoff place.

No I have to agree with you there, we only lost by 2 at your place & easily won at Foxhall, so we are better than Poole's team.;) 

• Like 1