British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Problem for Ipswich is they didn’t have any proper firepower at the top end when it matters. That’s why they will fall short this season.

Good meeting though. Enjoyed it.

Inclined to agree it’s our weak point away from home, but if Harris reaches peak form come the playoffs as he did for Poole  last season then who knows! 

Good meeting all the way through, mostly hard but fair racing bar the Fricke Harris incident.

Pleased for Stevie that he’s getting back the form he showed before that bad leg break.

Wells letting the aces down badly need to find someone who’s quicker around the nss.

Pleased with a point, glad to see Jake back and come through the meeting unscathed and everyone pitched in.

up the witches just keep proving those doubters wrong! :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don’t agree. If we had bigger hitters up top we wouldn’t have the strength in reserve or the solid look from top to bottom. We’ve beaten teams comfortably this year with our top scorer not even hitting double figures. The team is built so that every rider from 1-7 score half decent points, which totals up to winning meetings, and being competitive in others. 

Belle Vue are a good side, especially at home obviously, but if this was a play off final I’d fancy our chances of finishing this off at Foxhall. 

But it won’t be the playoff final as I don’t believe either team are going to be finalists. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But it won’t be the playoff final as I don’t believe either team are going to be finalists. 

We’ll see. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bash said:

No I have to agree with you there, we only lost by 2 at your place & easily won at Foxhall, so we are better than Poole's team.;) 

We were missing Kurtz.

Ipswich rode well tonight, and deserved a point. But from heat 12 the writing was on the wall. 

What a fantastic race track you guys at Belle Vue have.

The place should be packed every week.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We were missing Kurtz.

Nicholls guested for Kurtz and scored 11 at Poole and 9+1 at Ipswich so cant see how that was the difference in either meeting.....next excuse :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Decent meeting. Fair play to Ipswich I thought they would go on and win that, but that heat 12 win from dan after running 3 lasts was critical. 

Wells needs to go. He is hampering the team now and just isn’t fast enough around the NSS. If we could find a decent replacement we will be in the play offs easily.

4 minutes ago, acef said:

Decent meeting. Fair play to Ipswich I thought they would go on and win that, but that heat 12 win from dan after running 3 lasts was critical. 

Wells needs to go. He is hampering the team now and just isn’t fast enough around the NSS. If we could find a decent replacement we will be in the play offs easily.

Pawel Miesiac...

Seen him ride lots so far this year..

34 years old but flying in Polands top division..

Four point average too I would think. (?)..

A proper entertainer too...

Would love the NSS..

I'd stand well back at Wolves though... :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, acef said:

He looked very despondent after the meeting. Thought he was going to burst into tears.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Pawel Miesiac...

Seen him ride lots so far this year..

34 years old but flying in Polands top division..

Four point average too I would think. (?)..

A proper entertainer too...

Would love the NSS..

BV could never afford him. On good money in Poland. A late developer but highly unlikely signing.

Very enjoyable meeting. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

BV could never afford him. On good money in Poland. A late developer but highly unlikely signing.

I know, sadly..

Would be great to watch around the NSS...

So many on good money in Poland that dissuades them coming over..

Cannot blame them to be fair given the standing of the sport over there, the crowds, the atmosphere and the racetrack standards that are maintained..

Britain has none of the first three with maybe only the NSS meeting the racetrack standards..

For just such a good racetrack it’s a real shame BV can’t attract big crowds, especially with so many people in the area in a huge conurbation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Bomber still fearless.  Fricke naughty there.

Fricke must have known Harris was there. If  certain other riders had of done the same thing, imagine the uproar on here.

• Like 3