British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

Would Etheridge fit? Might be worth a shout. Was always very good at home.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. Not like Pooles team. Poole got a 3-3 in heat 13 and a 5-1 in heat 15. Ipswich don’t have that firepower. 

Ipswich are decent. Better than many predicted at the start of the season and might sneak the last playoff place.

Poole might have a couple of half decent riders in heats 13 and 15 it’s just the others that let them down. 

I thought we would have got thumped tonight so  a great result 

I’d love Ipswich to sneak that last play off place behind Belle Vue , Peterborough and possibly Lynn now. 

Im sure if Poole get their track sorted they could avoid the wooden spoon

• Haha 2

We were a Craig Cook away from winning that,, if only he was available not so long ago. 

Good effort though,, heat 13 was always going to be the killer,,we done good though to give ourselves the chance.,,, the Harris and max crash should have been awarded as Berge was way back,,, 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

We were a Craig Cook away from winning that,, if only he was available not so long ago. 

Let’s face it though, if he was available and willing to go to Kings Lynn then buster never would of let him come to us over them - he’ll always put Lynn first

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Let’s face it though, if he was available and willing to go to Kings Lynn then buster never would of let him come to us over them - he’ll always put Lynn first

And rightly so.  He owns everything at Saddlebow, lock, stock and barrel, and has done for many years.    He just pays a rent at the other two.  So hardly any surprise he puts his main business first.

Would you be any different ?

A good meeting last night. Imagine if the place was full with fans what an atmosphere there could have been. A shame BT pay virtually nothing for it to offset and discounts at the turnstil to entice people to come along.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, semion said:

And rightly so.  He owns everything at Saddlebow, lock, stock and barrel, and has done for many years.    He just pays a rent at the other two.  So hardly any surprise he puts his main business first.

Would you be any different ?

Can’t blame him but it’s just another instance highlighting the conflict of interest when one person owns three clubs in the same league - imo it’s farcical. 

I don’t think realistically we were in for cook anyway, we were always sticking with our 7 but had we of been looking to try and do a deal with Craig the fact buster also wanted him at Lynn means we’d have had no chance of making that signing.

10 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Really enjoyable meeting with some cracking racing. Ipswich fully deserved at least a point.

As a neutral I'd be perfectly happy if BT just showed Belle Vue home meetings - far more entertaining than just about any other track in the Premiership

I don't think the promotion could afford it - attendance last night looked to be a couple of hundred.

1 minute ago, TonyE said:

I don't think the promotion could afford it - attendance last night looked to be a couple of hundred.

Swindon usually get decent crowds on tv meetings when they run a promotion. When they don't run a promotion the crowd is halved.

A good meeting last night. What is it with heat 13 at Belle Vue? Always seems to be a cracker. If racing was like that at Swindon every week I reckon the place would be packed.

I remember talking to a Belle Vue fan once while working away, who said he used to love going to Belle Vue speedway, but it had "closed down now unfortunately". This was in the days of when they were at the Greyhound Stadium, but perhaps the same still applies in Manchester. Maybe people simply don't know it's there.

• Like 1

They have racing like that every week at Belle Vue,, but I very much doubt its ever packed.  So good racing and packed crowds doesn't seem to go together.   Maybe Somerset and scunthorpe are paxked as well,,,,,,, no. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Good effort though,, heat 13 was always going to be the killer,,we done good though to give ourselves the chance.,,, the Harris and max crash should have been awarded as Berge was way back,,, 

I don't know whether you was a Craig Cook away from winning that.The strongest point of the Ipswich team is your reserves,if they had scored a bit more between them you would have won.

17 minutes ago, TonyE said:

A couple of 100, you do realise we have another stand on the far side where most ppl are most weeks. Everyone just looks at the grandstand. 

There was approx 500 in grandstand and about 600 or so in south stand. No where near a few 100. 

It was a poor crowd though 

24 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Fair point - it's such a shame to see the stands practically empty when the racing is as good as it is.