British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

When you say entertaining,,,, I think you mean dangerous... Let's hope they sort the table top jumps and whoops out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Harris would have scored double figures if Fricke hadn't trashed his bike.

Harris had the option of throttling off, he didn't and the correct decision was made.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Harris would have scored double figures if Fricke hadn't trashed his bike.

He scored 1 point in the rerun. Granted it was his 2nd bike, but I’m sure he would been set up for the track. Without the collision Fricke would have passed him anyway.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Harris had the option of throttling off, he didn't and the correct decision was made.  

It was just a racing incident. It was the correct choice but that type of crash is always open to debate for me because max was in front. Imo it’s down to the rider behind to make a decision given that he can see what is happening. Chris is a great racer, but he was foolish to stay on the gas. Max had to go because thems the rules but personally I don’t think he did a lot wrong.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, acef said:

Yes, easily. He’d have scored 10/11 I think. And Ipswich would have won.

if dan hadn't have a bike problems he would have scored another 8pts on top of is 3pts and wells only got 2 from reserve very poor !! so all in all 4pt win with 5 riders is good normal would hacve been 10/12 !! has well as ipswich rode !!!

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I`m sure everyone watching on BT sport enjoyed that, and they better make the most of it as the next TV match in a fortnight`s time is from Poole !!!!!!!

If it’s as good as last weeks meeting at Wimborne Road, fans will be in for a treat.some great racing last week in the Peterborough meeting.

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It may be although they are apparently going to work on it while there is a gap in home meetings. One thing is for sure it will be more entertaining than Foxhall.

No doubt about that! Couldn’t believe just how dull the racing at Foxhall was. The Gdańsk or Pila of the Premiership. Wimborne Road has had its problems this year, especially in the lunchtime meetings, but the track still produces excellent racing at times. Shame I will miss the next two home meetings as I am taking a holiday to the French Alps. At least I should be able to catch up on the tv meeting.

49 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

When you say entertaining,,,, I think you mean dangerous... Let's hope they sort the table top jumps and whoops out. 

If it was dangerous riders would refuse to ride.

16 minutes ago, acef said:

It was just a racing incident. It was the correct choice but that type of crash is always open to debate for me because max was in front. Imo it’s down to the rider behind to make a decision given that he can see what is happening. Chris is a great racer, but he was foolish to stay on the gas. Max had to go because thems the rules but personally I don’t think he did a lot wrong.

He didn't give him any room to race.

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He didn't give him any room to race.

Where in the rule book does it say he has to? It’s good sportsmanship, yes, but it’s not a ruling. The rider in front can put the bike wherever he chooses and max chose to run up to the boards as he made the pass.

On paper he was the primary cause of stoppage so had to go, but Chris was equally to blame for staying on the taps after he’d been passed. He should have throttled off and cut back in as max was clearly chasing the high line.

So if your half a bike length up you can basically just shove the other rider into the fence because ' you are in front'

Max Fricke is by no means a dirty rider but that move wasnt good .....the commentary team pretty much said the same

He was half a bike length up and left Harris no room at all. Its not up to Harris to throttle off if he is only half a bike length down, he should have been able to ride up to the next corner in that straight line. 

I also cant understand how the race wasnt awarded either

Could have cost us a point maybe

Its all well and good saying that Bewley had a poor night and so did Wells , but on the plus side Worrall rode and scored really well. Also Ipswich reserves had a poor meeting to. Its all if buts and maybes.

All i know is that if we can keep this up then i dont fear anyone over 2 legs

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, acef said:

Where in the rule book does it say he has to? It’s good sportsmanship, yes, but it’s not a ruling. The rider in front can put the bike wherever he chooses and max chose to run up to the boards as he made the pass.

On paper he was the primary cause of stoppage so had to go, but Chris was equally to blame for staying on the taps after he’d been passed. He should have throttled off and cut back in as max was clearly chasing the high line.

Good to see the world of make believe is alive and kicking in Manchester.

Your assertion of the 'rider in front' rule, which i don't think even is a rule, can not be applied when said rider is only half a bike length in front. If he is a bike length in front and runs up to the boards then fine he's closing a gap. Running to the boards when only half a bike length in front is no different to riding into the side of another rider.

If Harris was equally to blame Fricke wouldn't have been the reason for the the stoppage.

There is no one more blinkered than a speedway fan.   Or are they just all old and half blind

Take a look at the Ipswich vs Belle Vue match on the Bspa website. Fricke tried a simliar move on Heeps so has previous of doing such a move!

As for "racing room" Freddie Lindgren has said there is no such thing.....

15 minutes ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Good to see the world of make believe is alive and kicking in Manchester.

Your assertion of the 'rider in front' rule, which i don't think even is a rule, can not be applied when said rider is only half a bike length in front. If he is a bike length in front and runs up to the boards then fine he's closing a gap. Running to the boards when only half a bike length in front is no different to riding into the side of another rider.

If Harris was equally to blame Fricke wouldn't have been the reason for the the stoppage.

He was making the pass. 

Look, 99.9% of riders get off the tap there, for whatever reason Bomber decided to carry on. 

Personally I think that was a silly choice.

You see that type of move every Sunday in Poland. They just crack right on with it.

In terms of ‘rider in front rule’, do me a favour, and don’t put words in my mouth.

Edited by acef

Just one of those situation where neither rider gave an inch and came together at the same split second. No malice or dirtiness for me.