British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

Max hadn't made a pass,,,,,, or is half a pass now a pass,,,, who cares anyway,, all done and duatad and no one was hurr

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Max hadn't made a pass,,,,,, or is half a pass now a pass,,,, who cares anyway,, all done and duatad and no one was hurr

Now, now don't be putting words in his mouth ;)

I think bomber kept it on in the knowledge that Max is ordinarily a hard but fair rider - had it been pedersen, Lindgren he’d have got off the gas knowing they’re likely to smash him in the fence if he didn’t. 

Imo it was over the top and I would be saying the same if it was the other way round and an ipswich rider had made that move. I don’t think there was malice in the move, and I’m sure max would much preferred to have finished the race than cause a crash and get excluded, he wasn’t in front he was alongside by at most half a length in front and chose to run that close to the fence - he didn’t have to he chose to which caused the crash - he came across bomber and ran him into the fence - bomber was already there his line didn’t deviate so Max was correctly excluded for being the cause of the incident.

people saying oh well they do it in Poland and just get on with it is no excuse to me, have you seen some of the crashes in polish league lately?? Namely the Emil and buszckowski crash at the weekend? Absolutely frightening and completely avoidable.

heeps had a superb race with Rory Schlein at Foxhall a few weeks ago getting the better of him finally with a last gasp burn round the outside - when asked about the race afterwards he said “it’s great fun racing closely and hard with someone like Rory as you know it’s going to be hard but fair, you can trust him he’s not gonna try and kill ya!” Surely that’s the sentiment we’d like riders adopt not just “oh I’m half bikes length in front on the back straight get off the throttle or I’m gonna ride through your front wheel into the fence!”

theres a lot of Belle Vue fans leaping to the defense of Fricke in this incident but had it been an away rider doing that to a home rider I feel confident you’d be up in arms calling him a dangerous and dirty rider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

Where in the rule book does it say he has to? It’s good sportsmanship, yes, but it’s not a ruling. The rider in front can put the bike wherever he chooses and max chose to run up to the boards as he made the pass.

On paper he was the primary cause of stoppage so had to go, but Chris was equally to blame for staying on the taps after he’d been passed. He should have throttled off and cut back in as max was clearly chasing the high line.

Fricke hadn’t passed Harris though. Passing is when Fricke back wheel is in front of Harris front wheel. But Fricke’s footrest (middle of his bike) went through the spokes of Harris front wheel. Fricke basically hoped Harris would back off but he didn’t. Fricke to blame and rightly excluded.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fricke hadn’t passed Harris though. Passing is when Fricke back wheel is in front of Harris front wheel. But Fricke’s footrest (middle of his bike) went through the spokes of Harris front wheel. Fricke basically hoped Harris would back off but he didn’t. Fricke to blame and rightly excluded.

Just to be clear - if they'd crossed the finish line with Fricke's foot peg in (or in line) with Harris' front wheel - who would have won the race?

8 minutes ago, DJC said:

Just to be clear - if they'd crossed the finish line with Fricke's foot peg in (or in line) with Harris' front wheel - who would have won the race?

Bit of a daft statement and not really one that correlates either

Fricke was hard and went to far

He was HALF  a bike length up

I think some Belle Vue fans dont understand what consitutes 'being in front and riding where you like'

If you think its acceptable to be half a bike length up and ride into the side of someone and put them into the fence.....while the other person just keeps his line ... then i suggest you read the rulebook

Fricke rightly excluded.........not even up for debate

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DJC said:

What's that got to do with the discussion :unsure:

In my humble opinion Bomber was on outside Max charging up inside thought he was passed him and tried to slam door shut, but as SS said he wasn't completely passed as his footrest entered bomber's front wheel. Correct decision and both unscathed 

5 hours ago, acef said:

It’s promoted across social media pretty much on a daily basis and for a long time we had radio adverts and a huge board in Manchester.

The reality is that speedway is a dying sport in the uk and anything over 1500, even for BV, is a good crowd in today’s climate.

The simplicity is that is it’s too expensive. £20 pound to sit, vs other amateur sports, is way overpriced but it needs to be that way to cover costs.

The speedway alone should be going half way to winning the battle at bv but it seems that’s not enough.

Halifax Town is £20 to go in. They aren't even in the football league.

Comparatively, speedway isn't expensive. 

Speedway isn't necessarily dying. Word I got is that Isle of Wight's gate against Kent last Thursday was the biggest they have had under the present promotion during May. 

I've not seen one aces fan that said fricke SHOULDNT be excluded. 

Neither on here or at the stadium. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Halifax Town is £20 to go in. They aren't even in the football league.

Comparatively, speedway isn't expensive. 

Speedway isn't necessarily dying. Word I got is that Isle of Wight's gate against Kent last Thursday was the biggest they have had under the present promotion during May. 

Value is decided by the consumer. If we are not selling enough tickets, then it’s too expensive whether it’s comparable or not. 

The price has to represent value and looking at the footfall, it seems it doesn’t. 

Imo if there is a demand for £10 tickets, for example, and we sold an extra 4/500 by doing so on a consistent basis, then £10 is the price point it should be. 

Unfortunately there is just too much cost in the sport today making it next to impossible to turn a profit 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He was correctly excluded because he was the primary cause. I don’t dispute that.

My argument is that bomber was equally at fault for just carrying on regardless. Pretty much any other rider would have shut off there and had a word after the race if they felt it was out of line.

You see those moves Steve pretty much every week in the Polish league, but they back out carry on the race and sort out the detail after

Great advert for the sport, always knew this would be a close meeting,  Ipswich have  got real strength in depth

Having Max and KB in two of last three races proved vital .

Regarding the Max / Bomber clash ,... Nothing malicious from Max who is anything but a dirty rider

But definitely the right decision to exclude him, 

Looks like a promising season in store for both teams