British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

so you can read minds now, Max said in his interview that although he knew CH was there, he thought he had fully passed him.

He would say that wouldn't he. No mindreading necessary!

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Social media marketing is where the BSPA should be taking the sport as a whole, this is where the young kids are at, yes school visits would help locally for teams but if you're after the whole picture then Instagram, Facebook, Twitter l, YouTube etc. All need to market on such platforms.

Unfortunately the BSPA and clubs think just by having accounts on these platforms that they are doing the job but you have to spend to make money.

For my own events I used to pay £100 for a short 60 second promo video of an event, I'd spend about £200 on marketing that video on Facebook.

For £300 I would regularly sell out a 1000 seater venue, now not all tickets were sold from that but through analytics you can see key information on who engaged with it and then use that information to then market the next one, getting better results each time

The video I'm talking about had over 50,000 views, It had around 300 likes but had over 80 people comment and tag their mates saying "up for this" or "let's give this a go"

The same event sold out, we even had to turn away people at the gate which was disappointing as its lost revenue, the live stream had over 100,000 people watch it worldwide even the prince of Saudis Arabia watched it.

The 1000 people could have watched it for free at home without buying a ticket, but people love the experience of the live event and being there.

If I can do it, surely the BSPA can do it with all their heads together 

Excellent post...

I've said before that four years ago my son and I went to an indoor Supercross event in Mcr..

Last year they came back to Mcr and I found this out because they emailed me two months out with discount codes to be used, using the details they had from the last purchase I made..

They had also sent me ecard birthday wishes for my lad and Xmas ecards to me and my family in the interim..

Not difficult is it?

If you want to make it work, you can, without breaking the bank..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

It was a reckless move, and deep down Fricke knows it despite what he said in an interview.

mind reader now you should be BGT  :rofl:

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Social media marketing is where the BSPA should be taking the sport as a whole, this is where the young kids are at, yes school visits would help locally for teams but if you're after the whole picture then Instagram, Facebook, Twitter l, YouTube etc. All need to market on such platforms.

Unfortunately the BSPA and clubs think just by having accounts on these platforms that they are doing the job but you have to spend to make money.

For my own events I used to pay £100 for a short 60 second promo video of an event, I'd spend about £200 on marketing that video on Facebook.

For £300 I would regularly sell out a 1000 seater venue, now not all tickets were sold from that but through analytics you can see key information on who engaged with it and then use that information to then market the next one, getting better results each time

The video I'm talking about had over 50,000 views, It had around 300 likes but had over 80 people comment and tag their mates saying "up for this" or "let's give this a go"

The same event sold out, we even had to turn away people at the gate which was disappointing as its lost revenue, the live stream had over 100,000 people watch it worldwide even the prince of Saudis Arabia watched it.

The 1000 people could have watched it for free at home without buying a ticket, but people love the experience of the live event and being there.

If I can do it, surely the BSPA can do it with all their heads together 

Can you give us some more info about your event?

Belle Vue have 30 outdoor events over a 7 month period with almost all taking place on a weekday and an element of repetition (Panthers back for the third time in 10 weeks) that takes away that special event feel. 

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You should be on Comedy Central!

ditto you too with with your comical posts :party: funny how karma justice never paid max back for his so called dirty move  ??? he ended cruising heat 13/15 :party:

8 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

ditto you too with with your comical posts :party: funny how karma justice never paid max back for his so called dirty move  ??? he ended cruising heat 13/15 :party:

That's because Fricke trashed Harris's best bike although I expect Fricke would have heat 15 anyway, his second bike didn't look anywhere near as fast. I didn't say it was a dirty move.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Dont think thats how karma works - usually it continues to build you up a bit before kicking you squarely in the nuts ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Dont think thats how karma works - usually it continues to build you up a bit before kicking you squarely in the nuts ;)

ok we will see !! :t:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

That's because Fricke trashed Harris's best bike although I expect Fricke would have heat 15 anyway, his second bike didn't look anywhere near as fast. I didn't say it was a dirty move.

apart from heat 1 he won them all he would have won the incident heat also !!

Sorry but why are you two still arguing over this incident,  he was excluded for the incident, both riders happily walked away to fight another day. Belle vue won the meeting in heats 13 and 15 and witches got a well deserved point.

For goodness sake move on.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

Sorry but why are you two still arguing over this incident,  he was excluded for the incident, both riders happily walked away to fight another day. Belle vue won the meeting in heats 13 and 15 and witches got a well deserved point.

For goodness sake move on.

Spoilsport!

• Haha 2

Marketing the sport more isn't the answer at this time, essentially all you'll do is inform people how poor the product is at most UK tracks.

Using the NSS to show how great the sport is would backfire when people went along to, for example Ipswich, and witness that dirge that was served up on TV a couple of weeks back.

It's generally a different spectacle at the NSS compared to anywhere else.

The answer is staring everyone in the face - more tracks like the NSS.  Then market it and see what happens...

Apologies for the late contribution, been away for a bit...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Marketing the sport more isn't the answer at this time, essentially all you'll do is inform people how poor the product is at most UK tracks.

Using the NSS to show how great the sport is would backfire when people went along to, for example Ipswich, and witness that dirge that was served up on TV a couple of weeks back.

It's generally a different spectacle at the NSS compared to anywhere else.

The answer is staring everyone in the face - more tracks like the NSS.  Then market it and see what happens...

Apologies for the late contribution, been away for a bit...

To be fair..

I have seldom had a Big Mac that resembles the photo on the wall..

Nor one that tastes quite as good as the advert had led me to believe...;)

The sport needs a jewel in the crown to build everything else around it...

Most tracks it would appear need around 500 or so a week more to become at least 'break even'...

Just 500...

Even if they got that for one week after a great advert for the sport on TV it must help...

What they do with them when they get there is then down to the club..

But getting them there in the first place has to be the priority....

The NSS, with a full Grandstand, and lots of away fans to add atmosphere, allied to the usual great racing, must have a chance of being the advert that persuades a few hundred ex fans at least to attend their local track, even if no newbies can be attracted..

In the short term get the sport back on track (no pun intended) and then long term start to replicate some thing similar to what the NSS has to offer (if possible) around the country..

Edited by mikebv

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I agree.  Personally think Bomber would have gone on to win that race because you could tell he was in that mode to win at all costs.  Fricke knew it would be Bombers tactic to

sweep round the outside and therefore closed the door before he had passed him.