British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HGould

Brummies v Eastbourne KOC R1 - 2nd Leg

The same as last week.......

Can someone share share the link for the radio please 

Brummies rode well i thought was a decent meeting . Poor crowd but better than i expected tbh. I think that is the last we see of Ulrich before the averages change . Whatever his issues he needs replacing he has been dreadful since signing. Nathan Stoneman was superb in fact other than Zach and Ulrich the other 5 were superb . Having a Number 1 that can bang in 13 points makes such a huge huge difference to us now.

5 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Brummies rode well i thought was a decent meeting . Poor crowd but better than i expected tbh. I think that is the last we see of Ulrich before the averages change . Whatever his issues he needs replacing he has been dreadful since signing. Nathan Stoneman was superb in fact other than Zach and Ulrich the other 5 were superb . Having a Number 1 that can bang in 13 points makes such a huge huge difference to us now.

Couple of changes and the Brum side instantly look much better. Oystercard was never a number 1 (although the only thing he is currently doing is sticking 2 fingers up to the supporters) not sure what he is doing this year but must be either running on the cheap or on a guarantee as this level of poor can't be sustainable?. Stoneman has a huge set of stones and that brings plenty of points and hopefully can stay fit for once. I really feel for Zach as its just not working for him, even a move to 5 isn't as hung out as you would think and yet his confidence is still shot. I fear he will lose both team places soon and may consider a short break from the sport but has too much talent to not come back? 

• Like 1

I always felt Eastie were in 2nd gear but we gave it a good go but last few heats they made sure of no late dramas.

Agree re Stoneman who looks keen to grasp his chance, Adam is top class and ability to be one of top 2-3 in this League so hopefully we have secured him for this season and beyond.

Zac and Osty the worries.

We have scope to make changes big question is can we afford it?

The crowd was again very poor, I cannot see how birmingham speedway is sustainable on these numbers in the stadium we are in with high overheads. I don't want us to go back to NL but unless we get 300-400 more from somewhere hard to see us racing in this League next season unless Masons have very deep pockets. 

I think no more than 500 last night? and no increase on NL really, some weeks its lower.

Ulrich is quite simply useless and the only place he is heading, is the reserve berths IF he survives that long. Should be out of the door immediately 

Zach simply  isn’t a fraction as good as he or his crew think he is and, he  hasn’t got the bottle or the balls to be a speedway rider. Sorry. Once again last night he showed his lack of bottle. In his second ride, made a half decent gate but when he had both Eastbourne riders by him approaching the third bend, he CLEARLY shut the throttle off and pulled out of it. Not acceptable.

Nathan Stoneman put both rides to shame, yet again

Tom Bacon showed why he is such a firm fans favourite and just what a miss he is, not being in the team. 

I’d like to see BradleyWilson Dean plus one other, in for Ully and Zach and if not him then simply anyone will do me as opposed to those two 

makes you wonder just what Danyon Hume has done to upset the management and not be in the team. I know Laurence Rogers is worried about  Danyon’s history of shoulder injuries but that shows just what a muppet Rogers is. He’s the third  person that should be out of the door WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. This club will never get anywhere whilst he’s involved. History tells its own story about muppet Rogers!!!!

• Like 2

Bit harsh on Zach W. Every rider has been through a crisis of confidence at some point. Needs support not being slagged off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Bit harsh on Zach W. Every rider has been through a crisis of confidence at some point. Needs support not being slagged off. 

Harsh maybe but, true !!! 

From your comment, i’d Assume you are not.a Brummies fan who actually has to watch this bottling, week in, week out. 

I’m given to believe that the same criticisms are being levelled against him by some Swindon fans also, which if correct, speaks volumes!!

what Zach needs, is to grow a pair!!

23 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Harsh maybe but, true !!! 

From your comment, i’d Assume you are not.a Brummies fan who actually has to watch this bottling, week in, week out. 

I’m given to believe that the same criticisms are being levelled against him by some Swindon fans also, which if correct, speaks volumes!!

what Zach needs, is to grow a pair!!

Have to agree with you here hobbit when you initially made the point i did not agree .But i took your opinion in and in the 3 or 4 meetings since you are spot on. Too the point where it is glaringly obvious to be honest . If he makes the gate he has the machinery to stay out in front but if he does not then he ends up been far quicker than the rider in front of him but for some reason shutting off when he gets within a bikes lengh . 

RE: Rogers i also agree he should just stick the the m/sdl . He may be a lovely fella but Speedway management is not for him as his appalling record shows .

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

In fairness to Zach he has had some nasty injuries in his career. He knows how to go fast we’ve seen him have plenty of speed on the longtrack he just needs confidence with the speedway. Berge & Bach to replace ulrich & Zach presumably? Failing that can they bring in Becker? 

sorry to be a party pooper...Becker / Berge / Bach / Wilson-Dean are all good names but none of them would come cheap and crowds are abysmal.

would Becker need a work permit and doesn't he ride on Continent a lot?, Berge seemed to have "lack of mechanic issues" on a Wednesday night at Somerset, Bech would incur flight fees and Denmark League races on a Wednesday night, Wilson-Dean would seem only logical shout of those therefore and would want same deal as Ellis probably?

I doubt the Promotion can splash any more cash until they see Crowds markedly up, 2 home wins a good improvement but we need some sunny warm Wednesdays to see if there is any increase in sides now Ellis / Stoneman have perked the Team up. 

I've never heard you so bitter Hobbit? It does make me smile when you say it as it is.....

Congratulations to the promotion for getting/putting the meeting on last night .... they had some stick the other week and now they deserve some credit (imo)

As for the meeting? It was surprisingly quite good up until about heat 9/10.....then the track became a 'one line' circuit.....hence Adam's 2 defeats....

Lawson and Kennett got to the 2nd bend dirt first.....(may be due to Ellis's earlier start warning?)

As for the track itself? it appeared to have more shale on it, but I don't think that it was evenly spread? (but I'm no expert)

A previous comment 'Stoneman put Zach and Ulrich to shame'....Spot on!

As for Ulrich? I think he was unlucky to be excluded when clashing with Newman? I also think that Kennett was at fault in heat 1 and shouldve been excluded....but it's all down to angles etc....I maintain that Ulrich is still a good rider on woeful machinery!?

Zach needs to take a break and search for some commitment/confidence....he struggled to control his bike on bends 3/4 last night....he doesnt appear to be able to handle the speed?

We're screaming out for Luke Becker if his International permit allows ? Can we afford him? 

I'd replace Zach and Ulrich with Danyon and Luke!

P.s Paco is a class apart when he gates....but he doesn't gate consistently enough imo....I think he will struggle if put in the main body of the team?

Bring on Sheffield....I think we will do them!

Ulrich Ostergaard has won 4 of his 41 heats this season that is pathetic .Do not why people keep making excuses for him. 

What about Tero Aarnio? I think his average is 6 something if you could get him in and maybe replace Zac W? It would make a huge difference although he does ride in Poland I think so he may miss some meetings.