British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HGould

Brummies v Eastbourne KOC R1 - 2nd Leg

36 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

What about Tero Aarnio? I think his average is 6 something if you could get him in and maybe replace Zac W? It would make a huge difference although he does ride in Poland I think so he may miss some meetings.

It's all about cost. I don't know how the Brummies are surviving on current crowd levels.

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Ulrich Ostergaard has won 4 of his 41 heats this season that is pathetic .Do not why people keep making excuses for him. 

Fully understand yours and others frustration/disappointment/anger with Ulle’s scores.  

Having known him for a long time, what I can say is that he’s as frustrated as anyone with his performance.  

I can assure you that he’s not just at Brum to pick up the money, in fact he’s not earning much as he gets paid (rightly) for points scored not a comfy guarantee!  

Speedway can be cruel when you’re struggling a bit, last week his engine blew in first ride after being a victim of first bend bunching 

last night, the ignition went on bike in warm up and he was unlucky to be excluded with clashing with Kyle   

Fans just want to see riders performing as they should I fully understand that - machinery issues aren’t something that fans should have to worry about, but just saying when your lucks out, your lucks out.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Fully understand yours and others frustration/disappointment/anger with Ulle’s scores.  

Having known him for a long time, what I can say is that he’s as frustrated as anyone with his performance.  

I can assure you that he’s not just at Brum to pick up the money, in fact he’s not earning much as he gets paid (rightly) for points scored not a comfy guarantee!  

Speedway can be cruel when you’re struggling a bit, last week his engine blew in first ride after being a victim of first bend bunching 

last night, the ignition went on bike in warm up and he was unlucky to be excluded with clashing with Kyle   

Fans just want to see riders performing as they should I fully understand that - machinery issues aren’t something that fans should have to worry about, but just saying when your lucks out, your lucks out.   

I get your point but it started from the Ben fund with his exhaust falling off . His approach is clearly unprofessional people make the same excuses for him every week . Answer me this why is it him every single week ? that is not just luck its having a very poor approach .

41 heats and 10 meetings is not a little run of bad luck surely .At what point would you say its more than luck ? 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

Like I said in earlier post I fully understand your frustration and annoyance.  

Not trying to make excuses as things need to be turned round PDQ.  

Just saying where I’m in regular contact with him, I can assure you he’s as *****d off about things as you and other fans are.  

• Like 1

Read an interview in SS with Wajtkneckt a few weeks ago. Said he has problems switching from grasstrack(?) to speedway, and that it takes him a few rides to get back into the hang of things with speedway. I don't know how often he does grasstrack, but surely coming out and saying something like that isn't the best policy?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Read an interview in SS with Wajtkneckt a few weeks ago. Said he has problems switching from grasstrack(?) to speedway, and that it takes him a few rides to get back into the hang of things with speedway. I don't know how often he does grasstrack, but surely coming out and saying something like that isn't the best policy?

A very poor excuse ….imo

I have a solution? get Ulrich to buy Zach's machinery !

On 5/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, GiveusaB said:

Agreed!

However, looking at the forecast, if it's correct? I predict another Rain-Off!?

On 5/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, GiveusaB said:

I'm surprised its even going ahead? hasn't stopped raining/drizzling since 1pm.....prepare for a mud bath!

These two comments annoyed me at the time they were made so decided to wait until I commented on them. Given we are trying to attract people to come to speedway I dont think that these comments were particularly useful. Also they were wildly inaccurate. In fact when I arrived at the track at 6:30 the track was being watered! Did these and other comments have an effect on the crowd? I have no way of knowing and if Im honest maybe not in this instance. However one thing I know for certain. They will not have helped.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:36 AM, GiveusaB said:

Congratulations to the promotion for getting/putting the meeting on last night .... they had some stick the other week and now they deserve some credit (imo)

The truth is the meeting was never in danger despite some of the doom and gloom posts some put out. In fact they had to water the track before the start.

As for the meeting? It was surprisingly quite good up until about heat 9/10.....then the track became a 'one line' circuit.....hence Adam's 2 defeats....

The track did become one line as you say. But this was entirely due to the rain that came down at that point as the suddenly very slow times showed. I think it was a shame and stopped the small chance we had of overcoming the deficit. I know that Easty where worried up to that poing

As for the track itself? it appeared to have more shale on it, but I don't think that it was evenly spread? (but I'm no expert)

You are right that the track had more shale. We have finally got hold of some and its being put on slowly each week so that no bad reactions happen. In Terry we have a very experienced track man and its showing. As for not being evenly spread? Not sure why you would think that but it looked perfect from where I stood (and I stood on the track.)

Its a double edged sword for me of course. Raking it back has suddenly become much more difficult!

Bring on Sheffield....I think we will do them!

Oh yes!!!

Some have made comments about Zach and I just thought I would point out that at times Zach has been the only rider for us to cheer on. He has top scored for us on three different occasions

2 hours ago, guitar_art said:

These two comments annoyed me at the time they were made so decided to wait until I commented on them. Given we are trying to attract people to come to speedway I dont think that these comments were particularly useful. Also they were wildly inaccurate. In fact when I arrived at the track at 6:30 the track was being watered! Did these and other comments have an effect on the crowd? I have no way of knowing and if Im honest maybe not in this instance. However one thing I know for certain. They will not have helped.

100% Spot on it really annoys me if it puts off 1 person its 1 too many . We need as many people though the gates as possible and the weather doom and gloomers do not help at all.

4 hours ago, guitar_art said:

If you read the first post about the weather correctly, you will see that I stated 'If the forecast is correct' ??? the Met Office make the forecast, not me !

Also, we called the Leicester meeting OFF because of the forecast and didn't wait to see what effect the weather had? which, we all know was fine and racing could've gone ahead!

I mention the weather purely for the information of an away supporter travelling all the way from Eastbourne??? if my comments about the weather put any B'ham fans off, then they're not really fans at all and I must have the same influence as Simon Cowell does when swaying voters on BGT ! LMAO!

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

100% Spot on it really annoys me if it puts off 1 person its 1 too many . We need as many people though the gates as possible and the weather doom and gloomers do not help at all.

Absolute rubbish!!!

People will make their own mind up whether to attend or not ???

Being a 'dead rubber' meeting is the likely cause of a low attendance!

59 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Absolute rubbish!!!

People will make their own mind up whether to attend or not ???

Being a 'dead rubber' meeting is the likely cause of a low attendance!

Well i disagree . People who are unsure if there attending or not only need a small factor to swing it into a no. Constant doom and gloom weather reports will have some peoples mind up early . If people "will make their own mind up " why do you then put it up for the benefit of Eastbourne fans ?? are they incapable of making their own mind up ? are they incapable of reading a weather forecast ?  hmmm seems odd . 

Myself and others think it is extremely unhelpful can you not accept that ? I can accept the fact you disagree but i do not understand the need to keep updating everyone on poor forecasts .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, guitar_art said:

Some have made comments about Zach and I just thought I would point out that at times Zach has been the only rider for us to cheer on. He has top scored for us on three different occasions

I do not think we should replace Zach i have never said that , as when he does make the gate he can/does win races. The point Hobbit made which i initially disagreed with is ,he never goes past anyone when he misses the gate even if he is carrying more more speed than the rider in front of him. Would you agree or disagree with that GA ? you have a great view on turn 2 of exactly the point the hobbit makes.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Well i disagree . People who are unsure if there attending or not only need a small factor to swing it into a no. Constant doom and gloom weather reports will have some peoples mind up early . If people "will make their own mind up " why do you then put it up for the benefit of Eastbourne fans ?? are they incapable of making their own mind up ? are they incapable of reading a weather forecast ?  hmmm seems odd . 

Myself and others think it is extremely unhelpful can you not accept that ? I can accept the fact you disagree but i do not understand the need to keep updating everyone on poor forecasts .

Your entitled to your opinion (of course I accept that) but do you seriously think that anybody attending for the first time, or even the occasional attender, reads this forum ??? there's only you, H Gould, UK Martin and myself, that make regular comments??? : )

As for GA, he makes a lot of sensible and very diplomatic points, but his loyalties obviously lie in protecting the business that he works for.

Hence the comment about Zach ??? I'd much rather see Tobias Thomsen in the side. Zach may have top scored a couple of times, but he hasn't passed a rider all season!

P.s the benefit for the Eastbourne fans (re: the weather) is that they have a 400 mile round trip …..I thought that was pretty obvious???

If it helps the club I wont mention the weather again : )

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

As for GA, he makes a lot of sensible and very diplomatic points, but his loyalties obviously lie in protecting the business that he works for.

I am not sure he works for Birmingham speedway tbh as far as i was aware he was a volunteer . I stand corrected if i am wrong . I  do get your point though GA will never say anything negative about any Brummies rider maybe he thinks if you have nothing good to say do not say it . Unlike myself while i can be critical also give out plenty of praise too . end of the day i think we all  just want whats best for the Brummies .

P.S I think Eastbourne fans can read a forecast for themselves .

P.P.S This thread has been viewed over 2500 times.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie