Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Fromafar

Berwick v Newcastle Ko Cup

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Have the rules changed as far as a missing top 5 riders is concerned?  I noticed last week, Matty Wethers guested for Edinburgh (in place of Josh Pickering), when no one else was missing.  Last year it was R/R for one missing top 5 rider and guest(s) and R/R for more than one missing rider.

I think they have -- you can now get a guest for any of top five -- but as I suspect your question might have been prompted by Kevin Doolan being 4th in Bandits' averages this month, you needn't worry, he's moved up to third in the pile as from June 1st.

Meaning that, for r/r on Saturday, Bandits can use everyone except Spud for the skipper's races.

17 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

I think they have -- you can now get a guest for any of top five -- but as I suspect your question might have been prompted by Kevin Doolan being 4th in Bandits' averages this month, you needn't worry, he's moved up to third in the pile as from June 1st.

Meaning that, for r/r on Saturday, Bandits can use everyone except Spud for the skipper's races.

So Berwick should be able to cope with r/r on Saturday, but maybe a guest would be a better option on Sunday.

44 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

I knew Kev was third in the averages from Saturday onwards.  More prompted by the confusion of Matty guesting for Pickering!  Also thinking exactly what ruffdiamond says above!

5 hours ago, Normski said:

Newcastle line-up probably as expected. Worrall, Clegg, Bjerre, Wethers, TJ, Bukhave, Phillips. As for Berwick R/R wouldn't be a disaster at home, with NBJ, Gappmaier, Jye & hopefully a fit Garcia taking Kevin's rides.  However away leg a different proposition looking around who is available if we went down guest route, Paul Starke got double figures there for Glasgow earlier in the season. 30 years since we won the KO Cup would be nice to have a good cup run this season. Bandits to win home leg 51-39.

30 years :o

How to make someone feel very old very quick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

So Berwick should be able to cope with r/r on Saturday, but maybe a guest would be a better option on Sunday.

Obviously availability of riders will be key but I would like to think Berwick would take the guest option for both nights as if we run with six riders and one has a poor night, injured etc we will struggle. A guest is a must for Sunday.

• Like 1

9 teams without a fixture on Saturday, 7 without a fixture on Sunday. Plenty to choose from just getting the right rider to do the job.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Not quite:-

18.8 FACILITIES A Absent rider (s) 1-3 by MA G or RR

B 1 absent rider 4-5 by MA RR (unless RR is already being used then it’s a G)

C Both riders 4-5 RR x 1, G x 1 at the Team Managers discretion

D Absent 6-7 G

So because Doolan is now 3rd in the averages they have the option of a guest or R/R. If he was 4th it would be R/R only. (unless someone else was missing as well).

When Matty guested for Pickering, Pickering was 3rd by average and Doolan 4th. They've now swopped around for June.

• Thanks 1

rulesspeedway (2).jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, screm said:

Obviously availability of riders will be key but I would like to think Berwick would take the guest option for both nights as if we run with six riders and one has a poor night, injured etc we will struggle. A guest is a must for Sunday.

A see what you mean, but if you get a guest and, he struggles,,, your in the same boat.

A was just trying to say that, the riders available to cover Kev, should be ok :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond

Berwick to progress to next round 

Are season tickets useable for this meeting? 

18 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

they are

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

As per club website, yes indeedy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diamonds7 said:

Berwick to progress to next round 

A think after the 2 CS matches, that looks certain,,, but I think it'll be a lot closer this time.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Guest Loose Diamond
9 hours ago, StevePark said:

Have the rules changed as far as a missing top 5 riders is concerned?  I noticed last week, Matty Wethers guested for Edinburgh (in place of Josh Pickering), when no one else was missing.  Last year it was R/R for one missing top 5 rider and guest(s) and R/R for more than one missing rider.

Speedway rules are a joke. They seem to change every year. Guests are the biggest one. For me number 1 in averages should only be replaced by a guest. I'm sure last year and the year before teams in some matches seemed to have 2 or 3 guests. Same with teams in the National league . Why do teams use R/R in this league? Does not help younger riders coming through does it? Jayne Moss who was involved with Buxton was completely right when she said the National league had become just too expensive for them to compete. As she says it needs to go back to what used to be a league to bring on young riders. Sorry for diverting from the main post.