British Speedway Forum
Fromafar

Berwick v Newcastle Ko Cup

29 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Speedway rules are a joke. They seem to change every year. Guests are the biggest one. For me number 1 in averages should only be replaced by a guest. I'm sure last year and the year before teams in some matches seemed to have 2 or 3 guests. Same with teams in the National league . Why do teams use R/R in this league? Does not help younger riders coming through does it? Jayne Moss who was involved with Buxton was completely right when she said the National league had become just too expensive for them to compete. As she says it needs to go back to what used to be a league to bring on young riders. Sorry for diverting from the main post.

The more rules you have, the more problems you create.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Speedway rules are a joke. They seem to change every year. Guests are the biggest one. For me number 1 in averages should only be replaced by a guest. I'm sure last year and the year before teams in some matches seemed to have 2 or 3 guests. Same with teams in the National league . Why do teams use R/R in this league? Does not help younger riders coming through does it? Jayne Moss who was involved with Buxton was completely right when she said the National league had become just too expensive for them to compete. As she says it needs to go back to what used to be a league to bring on young riders. Sorry for diverting from the main post.

The NL has been pretty much the same since it started way back when.  You had teams who just wanted to develop riders (mainly due to them having a main team and a second team - like the Diamonds/Gems for example) and you've got those who are stand alone (Mildenhall/Cradley etc) who want(ed) just to win the league.

Anyhow - back on subject - any team news regarding Saturday?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Berwick might only have 6 riders, as one of their riders isn't well. Newcastle have a new team member ;)

12 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Are season tickets useable for this meeting? 

looking for a freebe again mmmmmm

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

The NL has been pretty much the same since it started way back when.  You had teams who just wanted to develop riders (mainly due to them having a main team and a second team - like the Diamonds/Gems for example) and you've got those who are stand alone (Mildenhall/Cradley etc) who want(ed) just to win the league.

You could have a look at the Berwick site where, at time of writing, there`s a report on our last meeting at Eastbourne but nothing as yet about tomorrow night. Very poor.

5 minutes ago, screm said:

You could have a look at the Berwick site where, at time of writing, there`s a report on our last meeting at Eastbourne but nothing as yet about tomorrow night. Very poor.

I looked on the Berwick site, which is kind of why I thought I would ask on here, as I thought someone was bound to know!

47 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I looked on the Berwick site, which is kind of why I thought I would ask on here, as I thought someone was bound to know!

You'll find out at 5 to 7 tomorrow night 

9 hours ago, bjcol said:

Yup , I'm Scottish, it's in my DNA make up 

12 hours ago, StevePark said:

Hallelujah, team news, though teams not in riding order.

http://berwickbandits.co/news/local-derby-cup-fever-hits-town 

That article is a bit ropey,it States English saying we only won by 2 points on aggregate at beginning of season,what  is he talking about.Dont know who put it together but it’s pretty poor.Imo

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That article is a bit ropey,it States English saying we only won by 2 points on aggregate at beginning of season,what he talking about.Dont know who put it together but it’s pretty poor.Imo

Especially since it states "early season Friendly Matches". Which there wasn't any!!! (Not with Berwick anyway).

Some Journalistic license maybe.

21 minutes ago, penchev said:

No point wasting money on a guest at home when we are strong enough to cope without one , definitely the right call to get a guest for Sunday 

Agree with going with Starke for Sunday, but personally I still think a guest and seven man team would be the way to go for Saturday night. I guess we will find out on Monday morning when we find out who`s still in the KOC.

12 hours ago, bjcol said:

Not exactly free if you've paid for a season ticket

13 hours ago, StevePark said:

Steve it's unfortunately not the same as way back when,, as we now have riders in the MDL NJL & SDL leagues who could do a job in the national League & even some on the amature scene.. example ! On Saturday there will be our own josh embleton & berwicks Kieran Douglas well capable of doing a job in the national League but they just need a break !! But there again it all comes down to money as some of the national League lads are on top tuned machines which is hard for the development lads to compete with,, hats off to Redcar scunny for running amature meetings to try & help lads improve & also Dave Rowland for his training schools over the past few years that has produced a number of riders from 500 to 125 cc riders.. but we still need more help to get more help for NJL lads to the next level hopefully,,,

• Like 1