British Speedway Forum
Fromafar

Berwick v Newcastle Ko Cup

I thought last night's meeting was one of the best I've seen up at Shielfield for a while.  Some great tactical riding, especially when TJ protected Jacob in heat 9.  With our home form, it's still all to play for, but, hopefully, we can go 7 or more clear by heat 15.

I also thought all riders gave 100%, including Danny, who clearly had engine problems after retiring from heat 2.

another nil contribution from a rider who shouldn't be in this league ………  hes not good enough

Enjoyable enough meeting but sadly for Berwick they are a few points short of being able to go through IMO as I thought before hand that 10-12pts minimum was needed. Very impressive from Steve Worrall and some thrilling moves from Thomas Jorgensen. Ride of the night certainly goes to Leon Flint who`s second place in Ht10 while holding off Lasse Bjerre was very impressive. As most of us thought Newcastle wouldn't be as bad as they were in the earlier match and so it proved, that makes them favourites to go through and face Edinburgh.

Could someone please help me to identify the other two Newcastle heatleaders?

with Starke as a guest I would expect Berwickto win the second leg as well

Would like to have been going down the road with a 10/12 point cushion but not to be. Spud unlucky in Heat 1 when we were on a 5-1 but we have to accept these things. R/R for Kevin produced 9+1 so probably about right. Paid 16 for our 2 reserves against 3 from the Diamonds 2 also a big advantage. So tonight should be interesting NBJ, Spud  & guest Paul Starke should be among the points and if Coty can repeat his previous performance at Brough we just never know.

23 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Could someone please help me to identify the other two Newcastle heatleaders?

with Starke as a guest I would expect Berwickto win the second leg as well

Tbf, 8 points from 4 rides from Lasse, wasn't bad,,,

to add,,, a don't think our heat leaders, Worrall apart, are much of an improvement from last season.

Was anybody at the match in April when Diamonds took a 12 point win over Bandits as English stated on match report from last nights meeting:blink:

• Haha 1

I was at this one lol

39-51 (2).jpg

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Was anybody at the match in April when Diamonds took a 12 point win over Bandits as English stated on match report from last nights meeting:blink:

Maybe George was thinking he was Berwick manager that night, does nobody check read these press releases on web sites.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18669/berwick-championship-shield-07-2019

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Get your point about Spud but on the other side we Know Dany won't score anything (like last night) 

Very true... we need to believe/ hope we’re gonna get double figures from Aaron, NBJ and hopefully Starke and if Coty can get close to replicating his form from the Shield match I’d like to think that will be enough to balance out Dany’s already expected score! 

• Like 1

Riders seem to have certain tracks that they will never master. Danni and Jye both struggle at Brough for some reason, if they both just scored 4/5 pts. would make a heleful difference. Last night had the pleasure of Rob Grant with us on the 3rd bend, and he hated Exeter track yet one year he went and scored double figures so it can be done . But we have already won there so something similar would be appreciated. Happiness would be 47-43.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Very true... we need to believe/ hope we’re gonna get double figures from Aaron, NBJ and hopefully Starke and if Coty can get close to replicating his form from the Shield match I’d like to think that will be enough to balance out Dany’s already expected score! 

Think the match revolves round our reserves both getting among the points ,like you say Coty needs to replicate his earlier score,but is carrying an injury.

3 hours ago, mauger65 said:

another nil contribution from a rider who shouldn't be in this league ………  hes not good enough

He's your rider so you should be behind him all the way(& I don't mean with a big boot). We told everybody & even before the cut off deadline for signing riders, that he should go & was slated for it but we were saying he is not good enough for the CL People were saying give him a chance as he has come back from a bad accident. Well, it is a year later & he is not good enough. He has not the brains to stand down himself, knowing he is hurting the team with his low/no scores, as it will hamper his place in the NL. Just get used to it. 

46 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

He's your rider so you should be behind him all the way(& I don't mean with a big boot). We told everybody & even before the cut off deadline for signing riders, that he should go & was slated for it but we were saying he is not good enough for the CL People were saying give him a chance as he has come back from a bad accident. Well, it is a year later & he is not good enough. He has not the brains to stand down himself, knowing he is hurting the team with his low/no scores, as it will hamper his place in the NL. Just get used to it. 

If he did that he would cop a 28 day ban, therefore effecting him riding in the NL for Belle Vue.

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

If he did that he would cop a 28 day ban, therefore effecting him riding in the NL for Belle Vue.

I said that in the last part of that sentence.