British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

What a brilliant comment from someone who has no idea how a speedway meeting is run. 90% of tracks have a curfew and tonight Redcar deliberately ran over it to complete the meeting so no problem whatsoever. The club paid the BSPA to run this meeting and extra medical staff and vehicles are very expensive to hire so why double your bills, just in case?

Despite the medical emergencys , which no one could have foretold, it was a decent meeting and it was completed , none of the healthy crowd that were  present, ( and you weren't there ) complained and all stayed back to watch the presentations so no 'shambles' occurred.

I, along with a few others left after heat 9 so you are wrong in your assumption that all the crowd stayed back for the presentations.

As someone who travelled 2 hours for it,  I have a right to complain. 

But you know what, i wont. Why should i. 

You cant help a 1st heat smash with 3 riders needing alot of medical help. Dont think even 2 ambulance would have helped that situation. Hope both Jason and Kyle come away rather unscathed. And best wishes to them. Gutted for them to miss out on the final. 

Then the crowd member took I'll, looked serious from a distance away. Hope that person is ok. And it was all precaution.

They announced they have extended the curfew till 10:30pm.  That looks a tad optimistic for them to get 9 races in but they did it. 

I arrive back home to Manchester for 00:30am  so  it bad at all. 

I enjoyed myself. Well done redcar I say. 

Oh and congratulations to the 6 riders who qualified 

• Like 6

"I, along with a few others left after heat 9 so you are wrong in your assumption that all the crowd stayed back for the presentations."

wow!, so a small number or people left after the second medical incident after heat 9? This was around 9:15 pm. If this is worth commenting on no wonder the likes of ' Waco ' puts so much into this forum with his constant negative remarks. Your ' local ' so why leave at 9:15? ....you don't need to answer that.

The curfew at Redcar is 10pm , always has been since 2006 and it is written in the lease as ' Racing SHOULD be completed by 10pm'.

The curfew has been breached on only 3 occasions in 13 years and after consultation with senior members of the management it was agreed to run passed it again last night for the good of the fans.

Let's applaud Redcar Promotion for that decision!

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 6

Out of interest, can I please ask why there is a curfew. Doesnt seem to be any houses near by

Another thing, how the hell did the ref come to the conclusion that howarth should be excluded for that heat 1 crash. 

Refs getting worse

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Out of interest, can I please ask why there is a curfew. Doesnt seem to be any houses near by

South Bank residential houses are less than 1/4 mile away , they were closer till a recent ' development ' knocked the estate down. Dependant on the wind direction the noise from the Motorsports Park carries considerable distance and can be heard over a mile away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Another thing, how the hell did the ref come to the conclusion that howarth should be excluded for that heat 1 crash. 

Refs getting worse

Agreed. Fortunately (can I say that under the circumstances?) after his withdrawal from the meeting the exclusion was meaningless but would have hate to have thought this could have cost him a Final place. Awful decision.

8 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

South Bank residential houses are less than 1/4 mile away , they were closer till a recent ' development ' knocked the estate down. Dependant on the wind direction the noise from the Motorsports Park carries considerable distance and can be heard over a mile away.

Cheers. I did wonder. Deffo windy at redcar 

Back to the Meeting itself. Congratulations to Charles on winning as I thought he rode well within himself, taking no chances and just concentrating on qualifying but still winning the meeting. Paul Starke rode brilliantly and barring his mechanical problem in Ht. 17 would have won the meeting, having already beaten Charles and countback being in operation (God help us with these moaners if run-offs had been required). Good to see Lewis Kerr's performance and as for Danny Ayres? been phenomenal round the MPA over the last 2 weeks - Scunthorpe are lucky to have him.

And yes Phil it's windy at Redcar, especially on the 2nd bend, but was quite mild last night. Didn't even put my coat on until about Heat 16!

53 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Refs getting worse

There is a picture of the moments just before the first heat crash - I couldn't believe Howarth was excluded (and neither could he judging by his reaction despite being in pain)

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB/status/1134764196195950592?s=20

1 hour ago, waco said:

Changed from original statements that it was 10 pm then ,,that is a reasonable curfew, 10-30pm,,,,my original post was based on the 10 pm statement,,,I still feel 2 ambulances are needed at speedway meetings as they were when i worked and prepared the track at Rye House in the early 80s,,,under the circumstances they did well to complete the meeting

I'd be VERY surprised if there are more than two or three clubs (if any) who have two ambulances at a meeting these days. clubs are required to have medical rooms these days. I'm not sure that was the case in the 80's. I seem to remember one track (can't remember where) had a four wheeled hospital type trolley as the 'on track' ambulance. Having two ambulances isn't always the answer, as the qualified doctor or senior paramedic would often have to accompany the patient to the hospital, meaning you still can't continue  the meeting until they return unless you have two or more doctors in attendance as well.

Unfortunately, in these days, when a county ambulance is required it is often given a low priority as they figure the patient is being made as comfortable as possible with fully qualified medical staff in attendance to look after him/her. If it was a life threatening situation the on-site ambulance would transfer the patient direct to hospital.

26 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

There is a picture of the moments just before the first heat crash - I couldn't believe Howarth was excluded (and neither could he judging by his reaction despite being in pain)

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB/status/1134764196195950592?s=20

Exactly as I saw it  starke and garrity come together and collected everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Cheers. I did wonder. Deffo windy at redcar 

daft thing is its nowhere near Redcar, its on the very edge of the boundary for Redcar and Cleveland Council - few hundred yards and it would be in Middlesbrough.

I personally would have liked the team to be Middlesbrough Bears but i expect the council insisted on the Redcar name

Good track and not far from  Middlesborough's Rverside football stadium. Planning on coming over later in the season.