British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bloom89

Newcastle Diamonds 1997

Hello i don't suppose anyone can point me in the direction of any pictures of Newcastle riders during the 1997 season? Thanks Stephen

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Hello i don't suppose anyone can point me in the direction of any pictures of Newcastle riders during the 1997 season? Thanks Stephen

Hi Bloom.

If you go to John Skinner's excellent website "newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk" is shows all the teams and riders that have ridden for the Diamonds, and some biogs supplied by the riders themselves.

Edited by Tsunami

13 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Hi Bloom.

If you go to John Skinner's excellent website "newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk" is shows all the teams and riders that have ridden for the Diamonds, and some biogs supplied by the riders themselves.

Yeah I'm familiar with that website I’ve visited it a few times. I don’t suppose you know anyone/where I could possibly get a hold of a speedway star from 97 with our end of season team preview in? Thanks Stephen 

3 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Yeah I'm familiar with that website I’ve visited it a few times. I don’t suppose you know anyone/where I could possibly get a hold of a speedway star from 97 with our end of season team preview in? Thanks Stephen 

Best bet I think would be Barry Wallace in the box or Bob Boardman who sits with him. See him on Sunday before the meeting.

Guest compost
4 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I will try and do a scan of it some time this weekend if you want.

You'll need to PM me so I have your email address to send the scans to (probably about 3 pages worth and about a meg or so per file).

PS.  Assume you meant review (not preview) ?

37 minutes ago, compost said:

I will try and do a scan of it some time this weekend if you want.

You'll need to PM me so I have your email address to send the scans to (probably about 3 pages worth and about a meg or so per file).

PS.  Assume you meant review (not preview) ?

That would be brilliant if you could thanks and yes didn’t even realize I meant review. I will message you now thanks again!

Guest compost

Hi,

Just to confirm my PM to you but Bad news I'm afraid as I can't find the magazine with the review in (it looks like I've lost a few mags and that was one of them).

Can anyone else help ?

Apols

On 6/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, Nodlew said:

Hi

I have scanned the Speedway Star 1997 Newcastle Track Review.  It can be seen at: https://app.box.com/s/q27lkq4tafdgpczahwriuaqf9m7xdk88

Hopefully, the above link works for you.

Thanks for that Nodlew, it brought back so many memories to me personally. What it didn't say was the difficulties we were working under with the stadium situation. In about July/August the Stadium owner, and one of our partners, Eric Armstrong, went into receivership and we eventually, after new arrangements, were allowed to complete our season under the direction of KPMG. It was a very stressful situation whilst the stadium was put up for sale, and it took till the January, 1998 before a sale was agreed. We knew there was 3 potential buyers, so we had declared to the BSPA we were running at the 1997 AGM, and were included in the drafts for the 1998 fixture lists. The sale was completed and announced in January, 1998 but on the 1st April(I kid you not) a letter dropped though our postbox saying that we had been fined a large sum for not being able to confirm we were to run at the AGM. 

Dave Rowland, Promoter.

Edited by Tsunami