British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Scunny 02/06/19

Looks like we might possibly both be a man down for this fixture. Howarth and Garrity both failed to make it past turn 1 at Redcar in the British semi and have headed to hospital, fingers crossed they’re both ok

Scunny have a few problems with their team even before tonight's Garrity injury. Allen might be back but if he's not I gather Ryan Douglas is on Standby to guest. Kyle Bickley booked to guest for Josh Bailey although after the sad passing of Kyle's Grandad I don't know if this effects anything. (Best wishes to the Bickley Family)

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 2

Another potential difficult meeting for us.Its time every rider stepped their game up because the season will soon be over.Only the league to go for now so if we don't start to turn our fortunes round I can see crowds dropping off.Hopefully Kyle is fit hope he doesn't attempt one ride then pull out if he's not 100% we can't afford to carry anyone.

11 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Scunny have a few problems with their team even before tonight's Garrity injury. Allen might be back but if he's not I gather Ryan Douglas is on Standby to guest. Kyle Bickley booked to guest for Josh Bailey although after the sad passing of Kyle's Grandad I don't know if this effects anything. (Best wishes to the Bickley Family)

Looks like it'll be Bowtell to guest now.

I am not sure how we were trying to get Bickley as a guest (conspiracy theories will start) as from 1/6 Bailey has dropped to 2.90 & Bickley is 3.11

Bad news for Howarth being out(possible a couple of weeks) & still no news on Garrity. Both exciting to see around Sheffield.

As Skj said Bowtell now guests

Seems Todd Kurtz is guesting for Howarth

Edited by Fozzie4388

If that is the best available guest for Sheffield, even though he has ridden for Sheffield, If Garrity is ruled unfit with either a suspected broken arm or wrist, which is all the info I have found, then if Allen is fit enough we could use Douglas for Garrity. Very quiet on the Scorpion side, though so is no news good news. We will wait and see.

Todd Kurtz knows the score, he knows how to ride Owlerton, Whoever the guest the outcome will still be the same. Scunny get ironed. Simples.

Will you stop posting Scorpians.        It is Scorpions!

Hope you will oblige Spidermon :t: :drink: :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What’s the weather like ??

was going to attempt a rare visit but it’s raining heavy in Derbyshire 

Rain radar has showers till around 5 & blowing to Scunthorpe & we have had the first of them. Just drizzle but enough to cause puddles. I used to keep an eye on the roads around the stadium via the traffic camera opposite the stadium near the Pizza Hut. This site has closed now though.

Sounds like a good meeting . Scorpians just ran out of steam.

Will Sheffield be allowed a guest on Wednesday night ?

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

Not a good meeting from a Sheffield perspective - if Bowtell hadn’t taken a dislike to the back straight fence, Scunny would have been deserved winners. Still not  really sure how we managed to win to be honest!!