British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Scunny 02/06/19

If your going to lead a match once then at the end of Ht15 seems to be the ideal time, Sheffield did that so well done to them. 

Star of the show - Danny Ayres. Would love to have seen him at Owlerton and would have been a hero for us.

Some of the 'effort' put in by one or two home riders tonight was just not good enough. 

• Like 1

We got out of jail again today .Ok we won but we are not winning enough races and running too many lasts.On paper the side looks balanced and most people were tipping us to romp the league but our main downfall is we can't gate and the track hasn't been conducive for passing.We can't blame the track today but it looks like a lack of confidence running through the team.Kasper has been a big let down,after last seasons away scores I expected him to kick on but he's gone backwards.Drew seems to shut off when people pass him and lacks the aggression that will come with experience.Ty always looked fast when he's rode against us but doesn't seem the same rider.Zaine had an off day but the ref got heat 2 decision wrong,Bowtell should have shut off if he'd got no room as Dave Peat once said to me the throttle works both ways !!!Brocs heat 14 was quality and shows what he can do.Danny was excellent again under pressure ant Thanks to Todd for stepping in and getting the crucial point.All in all we not good enough and either need to step up sharpish or the season ends again too early.5 wins out of 13 is very poor after all the promotion have done to promote the team this season.This set of riders owe the promotion and fans a lot more than their giving at present.Changes can't be far away but with Sunday racing it might be a big problem and limit choice .

Watching the interview with Danny King he's not happy having to win heat 15 every week to save the meeting .

Well not sure how we won that one, but well done in the end

However we need changes if we are to get into the play offs,

On an even better note we are on the way to getting the track sorted out, passing on the outside and inside tonight, long may it continue

Pity Kyle was missing as that track would have sited him, but well don to Todd Kurtz, rode well and got us the points we needed in 13 and 15

Dangerous Douggy kicked ass, good guest pick ,just back luck let scorpions down  and out of the 3 points,Allen good come back ride,need more from auty ,low score for a number 1,reserves been average all season,go the scorpion!

Wasn't in attendance but still loving Ayres Force One proving he can still do a very good job at higher levels and providing pure entertainment as ever.

Best Wishes to Kyle and the Bickley Family never easy to lose someone close.

Wouldn't surprise me if changes weren't too far away for the Sheffield team.

Kasper Andersen seems to be having a real tough time of it of late.

Ty Proctor seems to ride better against us rather than for us.

Not sure on who can come in though. . . .

44 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Wasn't in attendance but still loving Ayres Force One proving he can still do a very good job at higher levels and providing pure entertainment as ever.

Best Wishes to Kyle and the Bickley Family never easy to lose someone close.

if you went you would of noticed his new racesuit,, the bib had been designed onto it, looked very smart and professionl

• Like 3

Well, that was a funny one - instead of saying Tigers were lucky, I'd say it was a bloody good effort after being 7 down with 3 heats to go, and I'd be pretty annoyed if I was a Scunthorpe fan to have lost from that position.  Danny has ridden "real" number one races in the latter stages of the last couple of home meetings to get us the wins. 

I agree, Kasper is struggling badly, but it would seem pretty low to drop him just now, when he's just had the boot from King's Lynn as well. Drew has, in Marathon runners' parlance, hit the wall a little bit and also looked down on power yesterday, he desperately needs a spell at reserve to get his confidence back. But on the plus side, Broc Nicol is looking much better in the last two home meetings. 

14 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Watching the interview with Danny King he's not happy having to win heat 15 every week to save the meeting .

I thought that's what he gets paid to do ? 

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Wonder if he moans when the ipswich reserves get him out of trouble like they have most the season ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I thought that's what he gets paid to do ? 

Ridiculous if he is, doesn't really sound like Danny tbh . 

• Like 1

Well that was a meeting we through away as with the guests available, I thought we were stronger than Sheffield & would win convincingly but we could not pull away as our fans would have expected more from Auty(possibly struggling with engines after having to have them sorted a few weeks back) but probably, & have, the Sheffield fans expecting more from their riders. We through away points in heat 2 when the track possibly greasy, Bowtell went into the airbag at bend 3 when 3rd of 3 riders & couldn't free himself(although his mechanic struggled to restart his bike returning to the pits). Ayres & Auty did well to pass Kemp in heat 5. Then towards the end of the meeting, I thought we still had the riders available to pull us through. First chance Sheffield got to use the TS in heat 12 was used to good effect as even though Douglas rode a good 1st bend to part block King on the outside he then found the speed to pass Proctor out of bend 2 to lead & stay there.  Heat 13 Kurtz had a cracking gate for the Tigers to be on a 5-1 with Auty in 3rd who seemed to stop Allen's run into bend 1 lap 2 from which he never recovered then probably his engine was going as he finished the race. Heat 14 we exited bend 2 on the 1st lap on a 5-1 then Bowtell clipped the fence forcing a stoppage. Sods law then came in to it as even though Nielsen gated, Nicol produced a lovely outside move to lead & not look back. King & Kurtz were the obvious choices for Sheffield in heat 15 & I thought we would go with Allen & Douglas. Looking into the pits there seemed to be a lot of conversations between riders & with Auty not up to speed & Allen's obvious engine problem now evident then Douglas & Ayres were the obvious 2 & I still thought, at worst, we would get a 3-3 but, again, Kurtz did a cracking job. Although very disappointed not to get a win, there was a bit more entertainment from the racing I have seen for a while at Sheffield.

On a side note, Rob Godfrey must have been very disappointed with the result as he normally passes me on the M18 or M180 but last night he passed me on the A630.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Ridiculous if he is, doesn't really sound like Danny tbh . 

Apparently Danny was kicking off in the pits afterwards.