British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Scunny 02/06/19

13 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

But if he wants to progress to the very top, he has to learn to ride tracks like Sheffield along the way. Like I said earlier in the discussion, he's just hit the wall at the moment, but he's got plenty of his career left lol!!  I think part of the problem is, they built the team up with 2 second strings and 2 reserves, who they hoped would all put in second string performances every time.  But mainly they've all had more like the scores of 4 reserves. 

….and a heat leader who's been a passenger!

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

........ but Kemp escapes criticism! You knew when you signed him that you were getting the best 2 pointer available but also knew that he had over a 4.75 average from 7 meetings last year for Ipswich & after 1 away meeting would move into the main body.

We, also, had a no1 & ex Sheffield rider only scoring 4 points

In truth the only person who seems to escape criticism is the guy who is supposed to be getting the best out of the riders and showing them how to improve and become better

Congrats Tigers we gave you that win. Just a few observations. So many heats from the gate, to watch that every week would be a right bore fest-and before you ask ,yes I have attended quite a few Sheffield matches over the seasons. The track may be the fastest in speedway but it is not the best for pure attractive racing to keep the punter's interest.  Personally I hate any Tacticals and if a home side needs one they are certainly not deserving of it.

Once again, for us the match was lost at reserve, something we need to address- Bailey gone and Kinsley not scoring now is a worry. As for the enigma of our Number 1, the curse of that position haunts us year after year. Whoever is at number 1 their form dips straight away. To be fair to Josh Auty  it is clear his bikes were not up to par and was on his second bike for his last ride. We can lament Jake not being in heat 15 ,but in his previous ride he was well beaten and probably Danny deserved his chance.    I think both clubs are in for a short season, both promising on paper but not doing it when it matters on track.