Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
porkypotter

leicester v stoke potters.

Recommended Posts

well the potters are off to Leicester on sunday afternoon. should be fairly even with a few guests in operation. think young palin will again be a thorn in the potters side but if they can keep up the form from the 3 team match we should give a good account of ourselves though I still think the reserves are our main worry at present. come on the potters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be fairly even u say? R u for real. Looks an easy win to leicester from what i can see anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

Should be fairly even u say? R u for real. Looks an easy win to leicester from what i can see anyway

Have you ever quoted your team as having a snow balls chance in hell ?

I doubt it. Stoke do have a large hill to climb but, in recent weeks showed that most are willing to start that climb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mon the Potters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Luke Priest and Shelby Rutherford hit a bit of form, and Rowe Coles and Lawlor have thier gating gloves on it could keep it interesting. Think it will be a mauling in the reserve department though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

Should be fairly even u say? R u for real. Looks an easy win to leicester from what i can see anyway

Going to be a very comfortable win for Leicester even with R/R and a Belle Vue 2-point rider in for their 3rd and 4th men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all the riders, staff & volunteers who worked hard in getting this meeting to happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the conditions, I was extremely impressed with the way Anders Rowe performed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand why the Lion's promotion wanted to get this meeting on because of fixture congestion but it was a bit of a farce despite the efforts of the riders etc. Because of the weather the crowd was poor - I would estimate that it was not much more than 200 and it was a wonder that there were not more falls and injuries as, especially early on, anyone behind after the second bend had no chance of overtaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Riders were happy to ride, apart from the visibility track was ok  and after 10 hts wasn’t that bad but with just one line a round the track it was gate and go 

Edited by mac101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I can understand why the Lion's promotion wanted to get this meeting on because of fixture congestion but it was a bit of a farce despite the efforts of the riders etc. Because of the weather the crowd was poor - I would estimate that it was not much more than 200 and it was a wonder that there were not more falls and injuries as, especially early on, anyone behind after the second bend had no chance of overtaking.

How many have usually been watching the Cubs this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, Heathen1984 said:

Should be fairly even u say? R u for real. Looks an easy win to leicester from what i can see anyway

well it was not easy for either side in the end but I did think the potters would do better than this. glad I did not go as it sounds like an awful meeting for riders and fans alike once again the potters reserves were a bit lacking so if one of the top five have a bad day it gives you no chance. anyway hope young perks is ok and not out for too long. onwards and upwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mac101 said:

Riders were happy to ride, apart from the visibility track was ok  and after 10 hts wasn’t that bad but with just one line a round the track it was gate and go 

Danyon Hume, Anders Rowe and Jordan palin showed that there was more than one line during the latter part of the meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Islander15 said:

How many have usually been watching the Cubs this season?

would be interesting to know , I have been asking some people on FB who go to cubs meetings , seems like a big secret ,  as nobody will say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, adonis said:

would be interesting to know , I have been asking some people on FB who go to cubs meetings , seems like a big secret ,  as nobody will say

At the meeting against Belle Vue Colts I reckon there might have been 3/400 fans there.

Edited by Happy Hunter
wrong figures originaly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy