British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent touch Tec Kings vs Wightlink Warriors

Congratulations to Kent on the victory. Finally silverware to the county...after Eastbourne move out of the league admittedly lol

• Haha 1

I was a bit out saying it was going to be a close meeting? 

Heres my take on last night.Kent started like a rocket and any doubts were soon gone as the Trophy was in the bag after 4 or 5 heats.Who would of thought it would take as long as Heat 9 for Wood or Morley to record a win!

My observations on the Kent team.....Kemp is some prospect and what was noticeable was his style of riding...classy.Rowe also really impressive and again going places.Andrews decent guest and probably worth a bigger score.Ledwith looks a heat leader but maybe tired after his three wins? Clouting tried hard and did well.Young Ablitt (just 15???) What I noticed last night was he was as fast(even faster) than Morley who knows his way round Central Park....some prospect.

And this is a weaker Kent team? 

• Thanks 1

A trophy at last!     Have to say the NT league was a great success with close matches between all teams home and away.

Kents injury list grows however, Jenkins now out with a fractured coccyx picked up against Mildenhall, which explains his lack of points on the IOW a few days later.

7 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

What I noticed last night was he was as fast(even faster) than Morley who knows his way round Central Park..

Not having a pop but look at the times heat 2 62.4 heat 15 59.9 ??????

1 hour ago, markm said:

Not having a pop but look at the times heat 2 62.4 heat 15 59.9 ??????

I was talking about when racing each other.Morley was ahead and Ablitt was right on his tail and another race Ablitt was ahead and Morley could not pass.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:26 AM, East End Fan said:

I see this as a real banana skin for the Kings. The IOW top two could easily go through the card, so would not need too much back-up to

spring a surprise. I heard a rumour tht BBC Television cameras will be there...does anyone know anything about it ? Probably a pipe dream.

Yes,on tonights South East news.I was in the pits last night and saw reporter talking to various people.

13 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Yes,on tonights South East news.I was in the pits last night and saw reporter talking to various people.

Actually a decent length piece of coverage, some rider interviews with some coming across better than others. Showed some of the action but didn't show it all in the best light with repeated shots of a strung out race and the lower tier of the stands which are always empty. However all coverage is good coverage and id be surprised if it doesn't add 100+ to the next couple of home crowds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Actually a decent length piece of coverage, some rider interviews with some coming across better than others. Showed some of the action but didn't show it all in the best light with repeated shots of a strung out race and the lower tier of the stands which are always empty. However all coverage is good coverage and id be surprised if it doesn't add 100+ to the next couple of home crowds.

been to Kent a few times and never a massive crowd there but always decent and a shame they dont close the top tier where the 500 or so who go congregate and put them lower down as every time you see pictures it gives impression place is deserted with all those empty seats down near track, 500-600 they get is very decent for NL and some CL would love that every week (including Brummies) would be good to see Kent in CL but no chance on a Monday.

Does anyone know latest re Planning and request for Saturday's?

Could South East though sustain 2 x CL Teams on a Saturday ??

10 minutes ago, HGould said:

been to Kent a few times and never a massive crowd there but always decent and a shame they dont close the top tier where the 500 or so who go congregate and put them lower down as every time you see pictures it gives impression place is deserted with all those empty seats down near track, 500-600 they get is very decent for NL and some CL would love that every week (including Brummies) would be good to see Kent in CL but no chance on a Monday.

Im sure someone better connected than me will know real numbers but its generally 600+ at most meetings and can clear 1000 on bank holidays which is exceptional for any NL club. There is a big debate regarding if a change of race day would be beneficial or not? (Personally im on the not side plus gives me greater freedom to attend both South East clubs). The other issue is that Kent already charge CL entry fees so what would it go up to if they stepped up? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Agree it did not look good with all the empty seats in the lower tier.....I have always thought this in all the action photos you see from meetings at Central Park!

Edited by blueherb777

4 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Agree it did not look good with all the empty seats in the lower tier.....I have always thought this in all the action photos you see from meetings at Central Park!

Not sure if the lower seating is utilised very much during dog events either? But if not perhaps it would be better to create adverting space across the lower seating areas? Drape large banners over the seats so they appear in the action shots rather than the appearance of any empty stadium.

• Like 2

People sit in the top of the stand because they get a better view of the whole track,plus.the terrible announcing system is a little bit clearer in the top tier..I do not think they would be happy if forced to move down....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HGould said:

Think last season the average gate was over 800, ironically Monday was our lowest gate this season  but still in the region of 800 there.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Think last season the average gate was over 800, ironically Monday was our lowest gate this season  but still in the region of 800 there.

On the Kent thread you said the Dons fixture was 500 odd? You just guessing?