British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent touch Tec Kings vs Wightlink Warriors

It is difficult to work out gate at CP, but at an average home meeting there must be around 120 people standing between 3rd & 1st bends. There are also a lot of people who prefer to stand between the top & bottom tiers of seats & several in the top bars. 

The stand has 2000 odd seats so if there were 600 people sitting down it will still not look like many people.

For sure a typical bank holiday will have over 1000. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flipper11 said:

It is difficult to work out gate at CP, but at an average home meeting there must be around 120 people standing between 3rd & 1st bends. There are also a lot of people who prefer to stand between the top & bottom tiers of seats & several in the top bars. 

The stand has 2000 odd seats so if there were 600 people sitting down it will still not look like many people.

For sure a typical bank holiday will have over 1000. 

I was at the Belle Vue and Mildenhall bank holiday meetings. The crowds were excellent for both, exceptional for NL speedway.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

On the Kent thread you said the Dons fixture was 500 odd? You just guessing?

There was an awful lot of sponsors guests on Monday,  50 from one company. 

There was more people in the stadium then at Wimbledon fixture, but there were only a handful of guests at that one.

So yes until we have official attendances it is very much educated guesswork.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

There was an awful lot of sponsors guests on Monday,  50 from one company. 

There was more people in the stadium then at Wimbledon fixture, but there were only a handful of guests at that one.

So yes until we have official attendances it is very much educated guesswork.

That is very disappointing if there was less paying customers on Monday than the Wimbledon fixture! 

It has always been a bugbear with me that attendances are never given......but it will never happen in Speedway! :nono:

5 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

That is very disappointing if there was less paying customers on Monday than the Wimbledon fixture! 

It has always been a bugbear with me that attendances are never given......but it will never happen in Speedway! :nono:

Yeah I ve always liked attendance figures.

11 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Yeah I ve always liked attendance figures.

Will the team take an open top bus ride down the road near the stadium where all the trouble comes from?

Just show them that speedway does bring good.

23 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Will the team take an open top bus ride down the road near the stadium where all the trouble comes from?

Just show them that speedway does bring good.

I think all the budget when on the winners T-shirts and banner......blooming good job they didn't slip up.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think all the budget when on the winners T-shirts and banner......blooming good job they didn't slip up.

That is something that occurred to me. A very expensive banner by the look of it. But I must admit, it did look good on the night

when the trophy was presented.  Big gamble by the club.  What would have happened if Island had won ????

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

That is something that occurred to me. A very expensive banner by the look of it. But I must admit, it did look good on the night

when the trophy was presented.  Big gamble by the club.  What would have happened if Island had won ????

Sometimes you just have to believe

Also helps when you main sponsor is involved in printing...  

11 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Also helps when you main sponsor is involved in printing...  

Big help