British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle v Berwick KO Cup Sunday 2 June at 5.30pm

2 minutes ago, alang said:

Best to be out of the cup anyway.Last team to win it went bust.It's jinxed.

now you tell un .............

Congratulations to Newcastle on their win, they now go on to face Edinburgh and have a good chance of making the Final. Sadly for Berwick as most expected six points from last night was never going to be enough and so it proved though I did think if we were to go out of the KOC it wouldn't be under a bit of a wimper. The score charts dont lie, and its clear where the weaknesses were, and I dont just mean Gappmaier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alang said:

Now I am sure you don't really mean that....

Come late October you will be wishing you still had 10 or so matches to shoe horn in, in a similar number of days before November starts...

What could be better than running several Finals on dank, freezing cold nights....?

And expecting fans to turn out paying top dollar three times in a week?

;)

• Like 1

Well, we were as pish as the track was! P45s should be threatened really with some individuals! If we want to progress in competitions we need people who are going to score home AND away! 

One positive.. take a bow Leon Flint! Think we are going to have to have to enjoy him whilst we can! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Someone told me that Bukhave was giving up his Danish commitments!????? 

He is. don't blame the Danes. Everything was signed and sealed. The Danish Motor Union, (equivalent to our BSPA), or whatever they are called, were happy to agree that Jacob could give up his European Grasstrack/ Longtrack commitments to give Newcastle priority. However he was down to ride in a round in Germany today, which he was going to withdraw from, but the Germany Federation said he was contracted to ride and had to turn up otherwise they would appeal to ACU and get him banned from all European (including GB) speedway, grasstrack etc. so he was left with no choice really. Still it will be the only one he will miss as it was only the lateness of his proposed withdrawal that caused the problem.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Well, we were as pish as the track was! P45s should be threatened really with some individuals! If we want to progress in competitions we need people who are going to score home AND away! 

One positive.. take a bow Leon Flint! Think we are going to have to have to enjoy him whilst we can! 

How many P45s do you require 2? 

28 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Boring boring boring blaming the track . It was smooth as a baby's  bottom. The track was worse when you won earlier in season 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alang said:

Best you don't win anything then ;)

• Like 1

How is anyone complaining about the track? It was great tonight, no lifts, no one out of shape, great hard racing, some of the best I've seen for a long time there... If you lose... IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE TRACKS FAULT

Also thanks to all who cleared up the Guest situation, didn't know the rules changed :t:

• Like 1

Shocking from Gappmaier, bad weekend from Etheridge and an unusually poor night from Jakobsen, I would be getting rid of Gappmaier and if the right rider was available would drop Etheridge too

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Shocking from Gappmaier, bad weekend from Etheridge and an unusually poor night from Jakobsen, I would be getting rid of Gappmaier and if the right rider was available would drop Etheridge too

Not as simple as that. With the Bandits financial situation the use of club assets is paramount. Gappmaier is usually pretty solid at home, but away from home (Sheffield apart) he’s usually worse than useless. Etheridge is clearly still carrying an injury. Coty Garcia and NBJ were way down on their last Brough Park scores. Too much pressure on Aaron Summers tonight, but young Leon rode above what was expected of him. The Diamonds were just too sharp. Nothing wrong with the track, in fact I’ve seen it a lot heavier in the past with most riders struggling. 

• Like 2

I take it all back.  Hats off to the lads and excellent performance.  Ive given lasse some stick but that was his best performance ever at brough - well done. Max was superb and rest of the lads gave a 100%.  Special praise go to Wallinger …………  who improved with every heat (Berwick riders take note)

Difference between to the 2 teams - attitude.  One team wanted it tonight ……….  another was beaten before the start and ive never seen such as limp performance from the bandits at Newcastle for quite a while.

To be fair the bandits reserves tried their best (although why Garcia was doing a wheelie to the tapes for heat 9 when his team was being hammered frankly summed up berwicks bizarre performance) and starke tried as his does and did his job    but the rest well.  Summers - missed the gate twice and was punished both times.  But Jakobsen was awful and unrecognisable from last time..............  but Gappmaier and Etheridge were AGAIN an utter disgrace …..  again no attempt to even try and both could learn a lot from Wallingers attitude …. who learned how to ride the track and improve in 4 races.   I expect any 6 point rider to ride any track ……….  geez Brough may be a technical track but its not impossible to ride.  Nice to see so many Bandits fans down … pity the team gave them so little to cheer for   

• Like 2

Top marks to Leon Flint for coming into the stand and having a crack with Berwick fans. 

• Like 2

Agreed, Not the right time to make changes, had Gapp scored his average in our last 2 home meetings we wouldn’t have won either of them. Jye before snapping his collarbone and first meeting back getting his back smashed into had scored a respectable 19pts from 11. Just a night to forget about for Busk.