British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle v Berwick KO Cup Sunday 2 June at 5.30pm

I know this might not be the best place to ask this, maybe an Eastbourne forum or something? lol... But what average would Daniel Spiller come in on? Is he English or German now? 2.00 or 4.00?

Think he'd be good round Brough since he rode so well at Eastbourne... Also does he already race on weekends? I dunno...

10 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I know this might not be the best place to ask this, maybe an Eastbourne forum or something? lol... But what average would Daniel Spiller come in on? Is he English or German now? 2.00 or 4.00?

Think he'd be good round Brough since he rode so well at Eastbourne... Also does he already race on weekends? I dunno...

Difficult as he is no longer NL eligible so that would suggest 4.00 but dual nationality might squeak him in on a 2.00? However he had quite a deal supplied by Eastbourne and i suspect that would need matching for him to consider coming over and in reality it would be far too much sensibly for a reserve to receive. 

14 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Chances are he'd make a bit more money in the CL... Also it's not like fixtures are every week, maybe something can be arranged? Either way, he looked impressive considering he was only a 2.00 rider

He was only impressive in comparison with others on Sunday. Very decent though, yes.

However unless my memory fails me he was riding in the Conference for Redcar ten years or so ago and didn't make the step up.

For my money the discussion on our reserves is academic. We shouldn't let the perfect be the downfall of the good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Difficult as he is no longer NL eligible so that would suggest 4.00 but dual nationality might squeak him in on a 2.00? However he had quite a deal supplied by Eastbourne and i suspect that would need matching for him to consider coming over and in reality it would be far too much sensibly for a reserve to receive. 

Might be worth offering that little bit more tahn is expected, I feel if we had a strong number 7 like Danny Spiller it would really put the Diamonds as one of the strongest teams in the league... To be able to make the play-offs and win the Knock Out Cup would be a very successful season...

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

He was only impressive in comparison with others on Sunday. Very decent though, yes.

However unless my memory fails me he was riding in the Conference for Redcar ten years or so ago and didn't make the step up.

For my money the discussion on our reserves is academic. We shouldn't let the perfect be the downfall of the good.

But he hasn't ridden every season since, he's only been back around for a couple years and he seems to be doing pretty decently in the NL... And has that experience which is important... Certainly was looking to impress on Sunday with his performance... Plus if he looks impressive compared to one of your current riders... Isn't it then a no brainer to sign him up instead? :blink:

Edited by Dandelion

35 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Might be worth offering that little bit more tahn is expected, I feel if we had a strong number 7 like Danny Spiller it would really put the Diamonds as one of the strongest teams in the league... To be able to make the play-offs and win the Knock Out Cup would be a very successful season...

But he hasn't ridden every season since, he's only been back around for a couple years and he seems to be doing pretty decently in the NL... And has that experience which is important... Certainly was looking to impress on Sunday with his performance... Plus if he looks impressive compared to one of your current riders... Isn't it then a no brainer to sign him up instead? :blink:

Current NL averages.... Danny P 6.75.  David W 6.13...

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

if he looks impressive compared to one of your current riders... Isn't it then a no brainer to sign him up instead? :blink:

As I've been trying to say, there may be a bigger picture here which makes this a pointless (no pun intended!) exercise. We'll see.

43 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

As I've been trying to say, there may be a bigger picture here which makes this a pointless (no pun intended!) exercise. We'll see.

Could we not give them 28 days each, on/off ?

• Like 1