British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King’s Lynn v Wolves 3/6/19

MONDAY PREVIEW

Sunday June 02, 2019
stars_wolverhampton.jpg
PETER Schroeck is confident the new signings will make a good impact on King’s Lynn as they take on Wolverhampton at the Adrian Flux Arena on Monday (7.30).

The Poultec Stars unveiled the signing of British duo Craig Cook and Simon Lambert on Tuesday in place of Erik Riss and Kasper Andersen. And it is hoped the Lynn supporters will turn out in good numbers for their first home league fixture.
Wolves travel to Norfolk with an injury concern over former British Under-21 Champion Kyle Howarth – who crashed out of the British Semi-Final at Redcar. They will use rider replacement in place of the 25-year-old.
Stars’ boss Schroeck said: “Erik is going to be out for about four weeks so, we knew we had to make a change, and I think bringing in a replacement like Craig Cook is exciting! He is looking forward to it, as am I and the rest of the boys so, it should be good.
“I hope the fans are excited as it is important that the fans support the team at home. Last year the club had an exceptional season and this time around it is a little bit harder. The fixtures are coming to our advantage now because we have quite a few home matches in the league, and I am sure we can turn it around from there.
“We are no different to any other club, you look through the league and most of them aren’t running away with it when on the road. We haven’t really had the chance to show what we can do at home and this is where I am going to judge how our season is going to go.
“Wolverhampton have got some riders in there who can cause a threat with Rory Schlein, Jacob Thorssell and Nick Morris which is why I felt we needed to strengthen our side because we have been struggling in heats 13 and 15.
“Having Craig is there now means that Thomas Jorgensen and Ty Proctor can just get on with their jobs and I am quietly confident going into Monday.”
KING’S LYNN: Robert Lambert, Michael Palm Toft, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Craig Cook, Lewis Kerr, Simon Lambert.
WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Kyle Howarth R/R, Jacob Thorssell, Nick Morris, Rory Schlein, Ashley Morris, Luke Becker.

Have to say it will be very odd seeing Craig lining up for another top league team.

He likes the place though so will do well. Wish him all the best.

Can see comfortable home win here. Lambert and cook to go unbeaten.

• Like 1

Hopefully having Cook in the team will generate friendly rivalry with Ruthless for the no 1 spot and see him start to show his 2018 league form which has been hit and miss thus far

• Like 2

Just want to see all our Stars on their best form, Cookie will take the pressure off Ty and Thomas, MPT is on great form anyways, I'm more than hopeful that Lewi's change of machinery will do the trick, Robert is now officially a world beater :D and we all know what Simon can do round Lynn :)  Go Stars!!!!

6 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Easy home win

I wouldn't say easy,they have a few riders that have had good meetings around our place.

One thing is for sure though,i can actually make this one.2nd home match this season,but is only June though;)

• Like 2

I’m saying a comfortable home win whilst Morris and Jacob still settle.

Good luck to Cookie , hope he has a stormer, will be watching the updates

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I’m saying a comfortable home win whilst Morris and Jacob still settle.

You will still be saying that in August :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The points are only going to be going one way, can't see wolves getting anything out of this match.......I'll guess at Lynn 53 Wolves 37.

Looks like Cook's sponsors are all white:D

• Like 1

The new team pic has Cookie in full Kings Lynn Kevlars.  Simon Lambert in his own gear.  Not gonna be around for long ?

• Like 1

Riss and Ryan Douglas for Proctor and S Lambert by next home meeting for what I was told tonight 

• Like 4