British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King’s Lynn v Wolves 3/6/19

Great debut from Cook. He will turn out to be a terrific signing for sure. Good team performance tonight. Heat 13 and 15 were great but without being negative those heats were the exception. From memory 11 heats were FTG without passes. Stop grading the track every 3-4 heats which basically means there's only one line around the inside. 

• Like 3

Nick Morris -- oh dear. He used to be a PL No. 1, now struggling at No. 4, has he come back too soon? 

Edited by SPEEDY69
Incomplete post
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Great debut from Cook. He will turn out to be a terrific signing for sure. Good team performance tonight. Heat 13 and 15 were great but without being negative those heats were the exception. From memory 11 heats were FTG without passes. Stop grading the track every 3-4 heats which basically means there's only one line around the inside. 

Don't forget Toft's battle with Schlein and eventually passing him.That was before Toft let Lambert have a go first:rolleyes:.And Jorgensen too had to pass Schlein twice and made it stick the 2nd time around before grinding to a halt on the 4th bend.Ht 13 was good,must admit i'm glad Lambert read what Masters was going to do or else i was going to have to get ready to catch Lambert over the 2nd bend catch fence.

Anyway as you say it was a great debut from Cookie,and hopefully another couple of changes will put us right up there for the challenge. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

Riss and Ryan Douglas for Proctor and S Lambert by next home meeting for what I was told tonight 

Does that fit,don't think it does at the moment,i could be wrong though.Thought if Riss came in for Proctor that would give us 4.3 for Lambert or 6.45 for a Championship rider.Douglas currently has 6.98.If it did happen though we would have a couple of good reserves and a decent 1-5 to go with them.

Edited by tellboy

44 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

Riss and Ryan Douglas for Proctor and S Lambert by next home meeting for what I was told tonight 

If that’s the case I hope next time Lynn want bailing out Simon says no! 

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Does that fit,don't think it does at the moment,i could be wrong though.Thought if Riss came in for Proctor that would give us 4.3 for Lambert or 6.45 for a Championship rider.Douglas currently has 6.98.If it did happen though we would have a couple of good reserves and a decent 1-5 to go with them.

I have just checked averages and your right. Come from someone I would have said was in the know. Maybe they know something we dont :-p

1 hour ago, semion said:

The new team pic has Cookie in full Kings Lynn Kevlars.  Simon Lambert in his own gear.  Not gonna be around for long ?

Said exactly the same thing to my mate!

And why did we need an interval after all the other delays, restarts, grading, two on trot. 2 hours is ridiculous

Edited by kelvinht
  • Like 1

You do have to wonder whether it was the plan all along, playing devils advocate.

• Thanks 1

It depresses me that every season now its all about changes to line ups rather than sticking with the first choice team. 

9 hours ago, semion said:

The new team pic has Cookie in full Kings Lynn Kevlars.  Simon Lambert in his own gear.  Not gonna be around for long ?

Hopefully not but he did do his job in this match. Buster's new technique of less grading giving better racing NOT put into action then? If it worked at Alwalton, it might well work at the AFA and give less than 11 GTF heats.

8 hours ago, 1984Star said:

I have just checked averages and your right. Come from someone I would have said was in the know. Maybe they know something we dont :-p

I hope so:t:

• Like 1

Lynn are in a catch 22 system at the moment they want to keep winning matches but at the same time not wanting to up riders averages up so as to make room for Riss to return in a few 

weeks  at the same time 3 of the present team are fighting not to be dropped when this happens.

On 6/3/2019 at 4:02 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

You will still be saying that in August :rofl:

I hope not! Otherwise we are doomed!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I hope not! Otherwise we are doomed!

Safe to say you can stop quoting it for Jacob now. He must be 7 or 8 meetings back riding now . 

3 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Lynn are in a catch 22 system at the moment they want to keep winning matches but at the same time not wanting to up riders averages up so as to make room for Riss to return in a few 

weeks  at the same time 3 of the present team are fighting not to be dropped when this happens.

Riss can come back for Jorgensen or Proctor at any time this month. Plus we will have more points to play with if we want to get rid of anyone else.